As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Crap, that's what I was worrying. That they are just bundling up the lot and charging a bit more to profit. According to Hasbro the whole group should only cost around $130 MSRP.

At this point I'm wondering if we'll see a ton of Wave 2 and 3 near Christmas time since it seems that everything is going dry lately. At least that is my hope.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Looking at getting Trypticon or Fortress Maximus and leading towards Trypticon right now, as he looks more fun to transform. FM seems like a giant brick, which is a shame for a 2 foot tall transformer. Anyone have one or both and can share your opinion?

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Looking at getting Trypticon or Fortress Maximus and leading towards Trypticon right now, as he looks more fun to transform. FM seems like a giant brick, which is a shame for a 2 foot tall transformer. Anyone have one or both and can share your opinion?

I have both and to be honest I like Trypticon more. The only thing I like about Fort Max is his headmaster gimmick. Other than that he is a big block of... Well... Metroplex (since they used his body as the base). His calves are so much Metroplex it is disappointing. Plus his transformations are really basic and quite blocky.

Trypticon on the other hand is much more fun to play with. His transformations are a bit basic, but at least they are different. Plus his "eating" gimmick is hilarious.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Coloured pic of MP Beast Wars Megatron. Yesss!

0neTdkB.jpg?1

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    The other half and I have been periodically checking the nearby TRU as it goes through its death throes for clearanced stuff for our daughter (and stuff for us).

Their transformers stock is completely dead at this point, but bizarrely enough they had a Uprising Sovfi Spirits Raijin figure for Pacific Rim 2.

Not happy with how I was able to get it for $20 instead of paying $40 but I'll take it.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Yeah, my store blew through all the TF stuff way early. I think around the 20% off line. Although the Prime Masters seem to be still there, but they're $5 and Wave 1. Most of the Star Wars stuff has stayed, probably because it is the Rogue One and TLJ stuff that nobody wanted.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    There's still a ton of the MMPR movies stuff, lots of DC, Marvel, and Star Wars.

The thing is, they didn't have the Raijin early on, this was something they got in later.

Oh, and I've been hearing that there's been a ton of TR Grotesques showing up at some TRUs.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    MP Optimus Prime V3

7nDu6Jm.jpg?1

I already have MP01, MP02, MP10 and MP10B, but sure, why not? I'll get another Masterpiece G1 Optimus Prime

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    There's still a ton of the MMPR movies stuff, lots of DC, Marvel, and Star Wars.

The thing is, they didn't have the Raijin early on, this was something they got in later.

Oh, and I've been hearing that there's been a ton of TR Grotesques showing up at some TRUs.

Yeah our store keeps on getting new stuff from their warehouses emptying.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    That Optimus Prime looks very similar to MP-10.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I should try the closest TRU again. Last time they had some PotP legends and a metric ton of Stripes and Laserbeaks.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    If nothing else, hit up a local Toys R Us to stock up on batteries. The one near me has them 50% off.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I wasn't aware that starship troopers toys existed. I'm not surprised but I kinda wanna find the bugs

• Options
    https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=394

These guys?

Holy shit, I haven’t heard the name “Galoob” in years

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Meh, Checked back at the TRU and they didn't have anything new. Still had a few PotP legends and about a gross of Stripes.

• Options

These guys?

Yup, those guys. I haven't looked but based on the '97 date I'm expecting them to be painfully expensive.

Also I've never heard of figurerealm before gonna have to look that that further

• Options
    Trypticon arrived Sunday, and he's a blast to transform. I also love the incredible amounts of surface detailing on him. Every time I look at him, I think "I could paint him and really make those details pop!" But I already have two projects ahead of him, and if I tried to paint something that size, it'd take me like a year to complete.

I probably will go back and panel line him when I do the stickers.

• Options
    edited June 2018

These guys?

Yup, those guys. I haven't looked but based on the '97 date I'm expecting them to be painfully expensive.

Also I've never heard of figurerealm before gonna have to look that that further

Looks like there's several up for around $40-50 right now on ebay (out of box, NIB it's....a lot more)

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/starship-troopers-toys

Nobody on
  • Options

These guys?

Looks like there's several up for around $40-50 right now on ebay (out of box, NIB it's....a lot more)

Out of box is better. I'd definitely play with these guys. What's the point of a toy otherwise

• Options
    edited June 2018

These guys?

Out of box is better. I'd definitely play with these guys. What's the point of a toy otherwise

MiSBBS!!111

Or like me. Just too lazy to take them out and piled them for years.

Edit: Also there are sightings of Wave 2 PotP Prime Masters!!!! I need to hit up Walmarts and find them before they disappear.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

These guys?

MiSBBS!!111

Or like me. Just too lazy to take them out and piled them for years.

Edit: Also there are sightings of Wave 2 PotP Prime Masters!!!! I need to hit up Walmarts and find them before they disappear.

don't get me wrong i have a lot of stuff in boxes still. but i am opening a lot of them now. i realized i will probably never sell my fall of cybertron stuff...so why keep it in a box?

well maybe to make dusting easier

• Options
    Blot, sinnertwin, and cutthroat up on bbts.

Do I preorder for a markup on the assumption that they will never appear locally and instead I'll just have to wait until like December when bbts decides to get around to stocking them.

Or do I roll the dice

• Options
    I keep certain things in boxes...MP Grimlock, the G1 Seeker and Optimus Prime reissue a few years ago, my Pacific Rim Neca figures.

Everything else gets opened (eventually).

• Options
    Saw this on TFW2005 from Hasbro's Faceplant page:

"Hi Transformers fans! We’ve heard that Wave 2 of Power of the Primes sold out relatively quickly, but they aren’t extinct yet. Consumers can expect to see these out again in stores and online in the U.S. this Summer."

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Do I preorder for a markup on the assumption that they will never appear locally and instead I'll just have to wait until like December when bbts decides to get around to stocking them.

Or do I roll the dice

They've started showing up on Amazon under scalper prices too.

• Options

Or do I roll the dice

They've started showing up on Amazon under scalper prices too.

I went with the bbts preorder. I'm sick of driving all over creation for disappointment. That being said I'm not fucking paying these prices again in the future. I just really want this team but $20 a deluxe can just fuck off into the sunset

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Speaking of BBTS, so many ML waves are up now, wow

Still no sign of MCU Yellowjacket though....

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Finally got around to snapping this bad boy together
    om175jf5df0g.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Seeing pictures of completed abominus makes me wonder how compatible the uh...thigh thickeners and feet from other combiners are. Every picture is that 3/4 pose and the thighs are concerning.

Edit: unrelated but is this the Hasbro/talara bruticus? The devastator looks like it but I can't tell for the combaticons

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Don't know what I was expecting but ouch $159.99

Those pictures make them look good even in robot/alt mode. However everything I've heard...well EVERYWHERE is that they leave much to be desired. Although I've personally felt they looked fine it has put that doubt in my head that maybe it is merely the angles making them look fine to me

Edit: then again I've considered paying close to that for a single TF prime Voyager figure...

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    That looks like a third party Bruticus

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    That looks like a third party Bruticus

Yeah it's Unique Toys Ragnaros

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PE Beast Gorira is being re-released but the store I want to buy it from hasn't put up pre-orders yet. It's been 4-5 days since the announcement.

I'll kick myself if I miss this, as I've already pre-ordered PE Mega Doragon to go with it.

Speaking of which, I actually really hate the smiling face as it just looks weird for some reason. I think it might be due to him not having the triangular nose BW Megtron had in the show. Or maybe the smile is too wide. I don't know but it just doesn't look right.

EDIT: The store finally put it up for pre-order. Yay!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    wife got emotional while we were walking through TRU one last time so i convinced her to let me get 1 more souvenir
    qSHb7CEh.jpg

not shown is the attached battery case that is holding deckboxes

i was originally intending it to be a display but for now (and maybe forever) it is holding cards

• Options
    That is awesome. How much did you have to pay for it?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    That is awesome. How much did you have to pay for it?

twenty-two dollars

• Options
    Not too shabby. Wonder what my TRU looks like now...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    you know those scenes in zombie movies where the local <whatever> has been looted? that's kinda what the 2 i have near me look like.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    A retail store at a shopping centre I frequent has recently closed so I can't go there for Transformer hunting.

Which is a huge shame because apparently PotP Optimal Optimus is starting to hit shelves and I got an email for getting 5x rewards points at this store.

Don't have time to be travelling another shopping centre so I'll probably let this offer pass, but I think if I can find the figure in any store locally I'll get it and cancel my preorder for the Takara version seeing as there'll be no difference between the Hasbro and Takara mainline TF toys anymore.

Also warmed up to Predaking after seeing more videos, but I still really hate the hollow lower back.

EDIT: Just when I had thought I had a handle on the action figures being bought in 2018, this pops up

RAgBTmM.jpg?1

It's no Megumin, but I'll order it anyway as it looks amazing

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Bbts is having a sale including on SOME potp stuff. For example rippersnapper is $10

WingedWeasel on
This discussion has been closed.