As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Update on Mukla Rogue: it’s really, really, really bad against Even Shaman and Odd Paladin.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Mukla is so you have more tall 3 drops again Warlock. X/4 and X/5 are very difficult to deal with cleanly when you can't run Shadowbolt.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Also bananas do nothing when their hand is already full.

Yilias wrote: »
    Mukla is so you have more tall 3 drops again Warlock. X/4 and X/5 are very difficult to deal with cleanly when you can't run Shadowbolt.

Alternatively, the Warlock can drop a 2/4 taunt on turn 2 that deals 2 damage to them, and then use a 4 mana Soulstone on turn four against Mukla to get that life back. As the Warlock I went up against did.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • BeastwizardBeastwizard Registered User regular
    Do with this information what you will, but playing Skelemancer in this week's brawl will crash your opponent's game if they are playing on iOS and they won't be able to reconnect.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    This brawl is really fun, 6-1 so far

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I found that playing Hunter and using all Charge minions + King Krush was pretty good.

Twitch: Thawmus83
    edited June 2018
    I've had success with aoe spell mage and weapon rogue - assassins blade + poison is exact lethal over 4 turns

Chargers work well too

Phyphor on
    Marsh Drake works really well in this brawl, too. As does Leeroy. Just set up your board so that the minions they spawn are going to get auto-attacked to death.

I haven't tried it becaue it's boring but inner fire / divine spirit probably works super well. Turn 1/2 6/6 paired with a bishop is GG, late game a 12/12 is similar

Phyphor wrote: »
    I haven't tried it becaue it's boring but inner fire / divine spirit probably works super well. Turn 1/2 6/6 paired with a bishop is GG, late game a 12/12 is similar

I don't think they do damage based on their attack values, do they?

edited June 2018
    Oh hmm possibly not, I guess the card text deals fixed damage

Phyphor on
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I don't think they do damage based on their attack values, do they?

They do not. They have specific card text that says what they do. Now if you silence your own minion...

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    They do not.

HEY PHYPHOR THEY DON'T, OKAY?

Well I beat you all at correcting myself so there!

Well I beat you all at correcting myself so there!

However you could purify one and then throw all that shit on them.

Ooh, DKs are banned but Jaraxxus isn't.

Is the Warrior Quest banned? Granted, it would be nigh-impossible to achieve.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well it was odd to see this
    5so3i20c181p.png

The one warlock I saw with Jaraxxus had the skull out, so instead of just winning he had a 3/15, which is nice, but can be dealt with

A banning utility is nice because they can use it for solo content where stuff like Mindbreaker or Alex are currently softbanned and they can likely extend it to a tournament setting if they want.

Thawmus wrote: »

Is the Warrior Quest banned? Granted, it would be nigh-impossible to achieve.

You could include phantom militia and play it only on turn 9 which gives you exactly 7, plus things like stonehills

You could also do the hunter quest since you have enough pawns

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    it's trivial to complete the rogue quest but having your chess pieces be 4/4s doesn't really provide much opportunity besides that you can silence them to go face

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Meteor was pretty good. Hah.

Swamp king dred + giant sand worm are amazing. I would skip including the quest, I completed it only once (and lost) in about 5 games

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Looks like Evolve and Devolve are banned as well.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Equality and consecrate led to a very bad turn 6 for my first opponent. Pack got me avenging wrath, fitting.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Started at 3 stars away from legend tonight. Played 7 games tonight and went 3-4. Mostly all legendary players too. Of the losses, 3 came to Rogues which absolutely wreck the Big Druid deck @Beastwizard posted. So frustrating!

Should I switch to something else for the final push or just stick with this deck?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Look at your last 20 games and pick the deck you're most familiar with that has the best win rate/tech accordingly against the classes you're facing.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    My final push was primarily me getting lucky and beating a bunch of favored opponents.

yGSsXox.png?1

A collective 4-1 against Warrior/Mage/Warlock. If I'd lost all my unfavorable matchups I'd have been 8-7 instead of 12-3 which would have been a very different story. Sometimes you just need the stars to align in addition to playing well.

Also, it helps to have me spectate games. I am the spectating good luck charm.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Look at your last 20 games and pick the deck you're most familiar with that has the best win rate/tech accordingly against the classes you're facing.

You forgot to add, "Then slam your head into a table in frustration."

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-96/

Report #96 is up. Every class but Priest has a T1 or 2 deck. The section on Leeroy in Murloc Mage is cute. They've also added the ability to see power ranks for 9-5 and 14-10 on https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/drr/vs-power-rankings-data-reaper-report/

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    From 3 stars from legend to mid-rank 2. The dream is dead.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I've bounced off rank 1-5 stars twice now this week so I feel ya

PSN SeGaTai
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I just played against two exodia mages in a row. What gives?

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I'm having a blast with this Brawl. Super fucking fun.

I'm rocking a BIG BEAST HUNTER that I made:

V9ySCeP.png
    AAEBAR8G+Aj9rwLGwgKWwwLt0QK26gIAAA==

Use Chess Pieces to carry you til T7/8, drop fatties, win win win.

I dropped Kath on 8, she pulled Giant Sandworm. It gets chunked pretty hard, I managed to kill off most of the board anyway and then it dies. I drop Abominable Bowman and Kath dies to an autoattack (at 1 health) and she pulls KING KRUSH

Bowman trades into a Queen, pulls Sandworm again.

My opponent Pyroblasts it

:winky:

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    I've been going Warrior this brawl, and armorsmith is fucking ridiculous. I had 44 armor at the end of this last game. I just put her on the far left and kept going wide so she was untouchable and I kept taking damage.

Eventually Grom Hellscream shows up and is like, "Hey guys how's it going? I heard that people auto-attack in here."

Blizzard wrote:
    Greetings everyone!

Some players have been raising concerns that matchmaking at Legend ranks isn’t working properly. Please rest assured that we have not changed the matchmaking calculations since our 10.2 update. However, the Ranked Play update from 10.2 did result in an increased number of people reaching Legend, and their matchmaking values being much closer together.

With a tighter distribution of matchmaking ratings, losing games at lower Legend ranks can result in a matchmaking rating significantly worse than non-Legend players. Once a Legend player has a low matchmaking rating, it can become difficult for them to gain ranks.

Ranked Play is very important to us, and we’ve been watching this situation very closely as it has evolved since March. To help improve the Legend rank experience, we are changing how Legend players get matched against non-Legend players, starting with our July Ranked Play Season. With that change, Legend players will have to lose significantly more games before matching against a non-Legend player.

Additional changes to Ranked Play will be coming later this year, and those should also help to improve the experience. We’ll provide more details when those features are closer to release.

Thanks for your continued support of Hearthstone, and we’ll see you in the Tavern.

Cheers!