As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I need to accept cookies for Curse LLC on the PA comic page?

AldoAldo Hippo HoorayRegistered User regular
Apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything.

Anyway, I was browsing the comics when I got a pop-under to accept cookies for Curse LLC. The info page links to Twitch.tv, so I guess there's some kind of Twitcherino-integration there. Not sure it's working as intended that I'm getting a cookies-thing when I just want to read the comic.

Here's what it looks like:
60r3pmtcnh97.jpg

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Curse run our ads, but I'm not sure where this is coming from. I'll check it out.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I saw the same message a few days ago, but I can't reproduce it now using incognito mode.

The forums are ad supported? I've had my ad blocker turned off for the forums for years but I've never seen an ad.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    There should be zero ads on the forums. If the forum, right now, is showing you an ad; something is fucked up.

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I got the same thing a few days ago, didn't think to take a screenshot though.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    There should be zero ads on the forums. If the forum, right now, is showing you an ad; something is fucked up.

I want to confirm that I have not seen any ads on the forums. It doesn't look like there is any content from the curse cdn loading on the forums for me. I must have seen the popup on the main PA site.