As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Sysadmin] Nightmare fuel

1939495969799»

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    Myiagros wrote: »
    This error I have, I actually had on another server up until last Friday. Exact same error except there was no SQL on that system. I ran all updates and rebooted both servers three nights in a row last week, the backups never worked. Friday night I finally restarted the host, the one server now backs up properly, the SQL one still has the problem. Veeam support is basically useless as well because they just point me to things I've already gone through multiple times.

Part of the problem is that the best way to figure out why VSS isn't working is a seance or a ritual involving 12 virgins and a goat.

A goat!

That's what I've been missing. I had been using a sheep.

Yes, it's a common misconception that leads to problems down the line. While sheep do have the prerequisite cloven hoofs, the static electricity buildup from the wool interferes with unshielded electronics. Theoretically deer would work, but the retail availability of goats make them a clearly superior option.

Myiagros, your problems are giving me flashbacks.
    The writer experienced a non-transient error
    Like, screw you Veem, the error message exists but you can't be bothered to provide it? And screw VSS too!
    The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
    You seriously can't be fucked to distinguish the difference between those two very different things? Can you not even tell? Could you maybe let someone know what application made that request in the first place?

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    We use acronis here (god i'm trying so hard to dump it but i don't even know what to dump it for) and my favorite bit is whenever it fails the error message is random with a description pointing to a link on their online knowledgebase. I'd say roughly half of the errors I deal with link to pages with "no further information about this error" oh, great. Fuck you too.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    I finally opted to buy Acronis for my home system and it works great. Before that I was using Aoemi Backupper, one of the freeware programs. It ran fine and I could do file level restores quite easily, but the disk level restores were complete garbage, they would run but from my online searches it looks like it was a 25% chance if they would ever restore.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    LD50 wrote: »
    I assume the hive mind using low level radio is just a bunch of IoT devices running compromised firmware.

I have read at least five scifi stories in this vein.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    My boss and the new guy are such conservative blow hards.

Get out of my face with that shit

Edit: and my other co-worker who I know is also Liberal is smiling and nodding because it's his boss.

Yeah, no. I am not going to be an asshole but I am also not going to respond in the affirmative to shitty politics.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    My boss and the new guy are such conservative blow hards.

Get out of my face with that shit

Edit: and my other co-worker who I know is also Lober is smiling and nodding because it's his boss.

Yeah, no. I am not going to be an asshole but I am also not going to respond in the affirmative to shitty politics.

I'm surrounded by conservatives but I'm very thankful I don't work with anyone who does this shit.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Oops. Wrong thread. Copying to new thread.

This discussion has been closed.