As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Okay I know we literally just made fun of yelling at Dan

but just throwing away that Labo? Already?

God damn it Dan.

Why would you keep it after you already built it and played each game

I collect typewriters that I'll never use as a hobby. Same with shooting scripts.

Stands to reason that a games hobbyist might keep a neat chotcke, but I know nothing about Dan except a lot of people hate him.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I need clarification: trash or recycling?

Because if the cardboard is getting recycled I could not care less. I always have time to be mad about people not recycling tho

He recycled it, but he did mention he was confused by new York's recycling laws

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

God damn it Dan.

At least, I dunno, give it to someone, keep it around, bring it to the office

I kinda get that there's gonna be (or there already is) an eBay market of already-built Labos being sold second-hand for peanuts and some people will pay for that to have like a tenth of the fun out of that thing

I dunno, there's never been anything exactly like Labo so it's hard to imagine exactly what you do with this thing when you no longer want it but throwing it away kind of Venn diagrams somewhere between "throwing away Legos after you've built them" and "throwing away a video game" and I just kneejerk NOOOO at that shit but it's me, the guy who has bought games, has never played them, never wants to, and still keeps them because who wants less games? Not meeee.

sig.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I should probably throw out my legos, all they do is collect dust and not look particularly nice

liEt3nH.png
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Someone just sent me a long post of total strangers railing on me a couple months back.

You know not as fun as you’d think
    so you were in an orgy...

lfchwLd.jpg
    I recycle old legos

I don't have speace for all of them

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Taking your set apart and throwing the pieces in your big Lego bin that everybody has is the way to go

and still it takes me way too long to reach that step because then I'll probably never build the Batwing again and it LOOKS SO COOL.

I'm aware that I have some slight hoarding tendencies, thanks.

sig.gif
    Look at mister "I have enough room in my house for bins that don't do anything" over here

liEt3nH.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Because if the cardboard is getting recycled I could not care less. I always have time to be mad about people not recycling tho

That's understandable--the municipal side of recycling is often really complicated. Depending on what equipment facilities have and the intake-vs-cost of shipping stuff to remote facilities, they're often technologically restricted in what they can accept

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Let me just drag a big plastic bin into where I live, a single large room in a basement

liEt3nH.png
    edited June 2018
    Taking your set apart and throwing the pieces in your big Lego bin that everybody has is the way to go

and still it takes me way too long to reach that step because then I'll probably never build the Batwing again and it LOOKS SO COOL.

I just don't know where you keep all your shit

I know I have more space than you and I still don't have room for this crap

Chincymcchilla on
    Look at mister "I have enough room in my house for bins that don't do anything" over here

Those bins hold RAW CREATIVITY.

Also I have one kid and soon two and the day I blow their mind by opening up my huge Lego bin is gonna be a good day.

sig.gif
    edited June 2018

I have a house, a garage, and a shed and I still can't keep all this stuff

Shelves, the floor, bins, stacks, cupboards, my desk

My ceiling is very high so there's a lot of height for shelves.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • ShenShen Registered User regular

God damn it Dan.

At least, I dunno, give it to someone, keep it around, bring it to the office

I kinda get that there's gonna be (or there already is) an eBay market of already-built Labos being sold second-hand for peanuts and some people will pay for that to have like a tenth of the fun out of that thing

I dunno, there's never been anything exactly like Labo so it's hard to imagine exactly what you do with this thing when you no longer want it but throwing it away kind of Venn diagrams somewhere between "throwing away Legos after you've built them" and "throwing away a video game" and I just kneejerk NOOOO at that shit but it's me, the guy who has bought games, has never played them, never wants to, and still keeps them because who wants less games? Not meeee.

I'm going through a Bombcast backlog and when it gets announced Vinny actually talks about how there are a lot of things like Labo, and how his house is full of them cluttering the place up.

You can already get Labo templates on the Nintendo website for free so I dunno that a second hand market makes much sense without the hardware.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png

I have a house, a garage, and a shed and I still can't keep all this stuff

Shelves, the floor, bins, stacks, cupboards, my desk

My ceiling is very high so there's a lot of height for shelves.

Gotcha

Also I will say if I had kids I would not get rid of my legos, that is completely a good point

I don't know what the venn diagram of "Kids whose parents bought them a switch" and "Kids whose parents can't afford cardboard so they need secondhand cardboard" looks like

liEt3nH.png
    I don't know what the venn diagram of "Kids whose parents bought them a switch" and "Kids whose parents can't afford cardboard so they need secondhand cardboard" looks like

The cardboard is 100 dollars

Just wait until you find out how much the Switch is!

liEt3nH.png

Oh it turns out when you get a Switch at the store they just hand you 100 dollars cash out of the register as you walk out with it, our bad.

sig.gif
    All I'm saying is that when I think about toys that I'm going to donate to charity or a youth shelter or something, I am thinking about legos, and not something that requires a $400 purchase beforehand

liEt3nH.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Nah, the game is $100. The cardboard is priced pretty similar to other situations where you'd purchase custom machine-cut cardboard (I think the spendiest is the robot kit which is like $15)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

edited June 2018

I get what you mean, but parents often do save up for the one big toy and then get their kids a couple used games

There are plenty of parents who could get the system as their one big gift but couldn't readily afford the 100 dollars for cardboard

There's definitely a big demand at my local goodwills and gamestops for cheaper games for kids that the parents already bought the machine for

Chincymcchilla on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    The real question is: do you recycle books you don’t want anymore, or pass them along?

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Legos aren't really what I'd call cheap either?
    Sets tend to be about 10-12 cents per piece.

There's gonna be a Labo pack-in bundle this holiday, isn't there.

sig.gif
    ooh and what if it has a cardboard dock

sig.gif
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    The real question is: do you recycle books you don’t want anymore, or pass them along?

I quite like the communal experience of friends holding onto books long after they're done with them, just because their collection is serving as a lending library for other friends

liEt3nH.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Absolutely pass them along
    I will never destroy a book

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I used to think this and then I was told about GOR.

DarkPrimus wrote: »

I used to think this and then I was told about GOR.

Browse Tumblr for literally one minute and find someone to pass it along to.

sig.gif
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    ooh and what if it has a cardboard dock

I'd probably buy that actually.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm actually surprised at how quickly they recovered from the end of the previous Who's The Big Boss? 2

It seems very un-Kojima to offer such a simple fix

Of course he redeemed himself later with some absolute convoluted bullshit, so all is right in the world

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna wander the earth like Caine from Kung Fu, collecting Gor books and burning them until I have purged that bullshit from the earth

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

I mean at least cardboard is a biodegradable paper product

Not like all those plastic Rock Band instruments dumped in a landfill and seeping into the groundwater

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

By and large, I agree

That said, a friend of mine lost her dad recently. And he had a bunch of reeeeeeeally racist books lying around. Including one, a kid's book from the 30s. It was propoganda about how Navajo folks should give up their customs and traditions and embrace the superior ways of white people.

It was vile.

That book has already been digitized, there are copies in various museums/archives, so the "historic value" of it has already been preserved. Which meant I could, free of any guilt at all, toss it in my goddamn trash before throwing away my dog's afternoon walk poop bag.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I'm gonna wander the earth like Caine from Kung Fu, collecting Gor books and burning them until I have purged that bullshit from the earth

Gor is the Prince of 100,000 Leaves

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Punch up the Jam has conjured for me the image of someone listening to the american national anthem in their car and that is somehow the saddest image to me

6F32U1X.png
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Someone just sent me a long post of total strangers railing on me a couple months back.

You know not as fun as you’d think
    so you were in an orgy...

e6ccebc952a7418fc6244cf196bef43c.jpg

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.