As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Shopophobia

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Shopophobia

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    CovarrCovarr Registered User regular
    That last line is one of my favorite lines ever in a comic.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I also turn off auto-buy and then forget to buy stuff as well. Though I usually remember after my first death.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Two step authentication for failure is my new contraception method.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VrynnVrynn Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    It's such a good punchline. It might even be my new all-time favorite PA line.

And Tycho's expression is brilliant as well.

Vrynn on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I don't know what game this is for specifically, but I can definitely relate.

I forgot to buy in original DotA, and in LoL, and also in Smite. But usually in Smite it was because I didn't know what to buy, so I just didn't buy anything.

And that is why HotS is so appealing to me. You don't have to memorize loot tables for a million characters, and you don't have to memorize crafting recipes for advanced weapons like you have to do in so many MOBAs.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I forgot to buy in original DotA, and in LoL, and also in Smite. But usually in Smite it was because I didn't know what to buy, so I just didn't buy anything.

And that is why HotS is so appealing to me. You don't have to memorize loot tables for a million characters, and you don't have to memorize crafting recipes for advanced weapons like you have to do in so many MOBAs.

Paladins.

I left auto-buy on for Smite, because it was too overwhelming. Paladins has way less shit to buy, though. I typically buy the increased damage to shields, kills restore health, resist direct damage, and (depending on which character I'm using) either decreased cooldown/increased ult charge rate/movement speed perks.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Vrynn wrote: »
    It's such a good punchline. It might even be my new all-time favorite PA line.

And Tycho's expression is brilliant as well.

What makes it so good is you instantly think of hundreds of scenarios where it is the perfect epic burn and summary of what the fuck someone has done.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Paladins.

I left auto-buy on for Smite, because it was too overwhelming. Paladins has way less shit to buy, though. I typically buy the increased damage to shields, kills restore health, resist direct damage, and (depending on which character I'm using) either decreased cooldown/increased ult charge rate/movement speed perks.

Manual buy is super important. All it takes is one enemy Makoa to fuck your shit up because no one on your team thought to pick up Wrecker (the increased shield damage item).

Despite that, I still sometimes forget to buy. Yep, I'm the guy running around itemless and gimping the team. Sorry, frands.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    LoreWardLoreWard Registered User new member
    edited June 2018
    I deeply hope there's DLC for this

LoreWard on
  • Options
    VrynnVrynn Registered User regular
    LoreWard wrote: »
    I deeply hope there's DLC for this

Me too - I wanna know if the strip evolved around the punchline or the punchline came out of the strip.