As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

NiryaNirya Registered User regular
edited February 2020 in Social Entropy++
Free agency begins Sunday at midnight!

Everyone is opting out of their contracts!

There's so much Lakers noise that other fanbases are getting the shakes!

lebron-james-lakers-e1502304204353.jpg?resize=666%2C365

It looks so good you can already see it flaming out in the second round of the playoffs!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
3DS: 2981-5304-3227
Nirya on

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Also, on that Lonzo report, the injury is actually the one he suffered at the end of the season that kept him out. He already had it treated, and is back to doing basketball activities, so the report is just weirdly-timed, if anything.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    ugh this thread title

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Also, on that Lonzo report, the injury is actually the one he suffered at the end of the season that kept him out. He already had it treated, and is back to doing basketball activities, so the report is just weirdly-timed, if anything.

he waited to have surgery so he wouldn't get traded

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

He.....isn’t getting surgery? And no one has reported that beyond Shams saying he has a torn meniscus that was treated already and he’s back?

More likely this was the Lakers leaking this to make sure the Spurs really, really don’t want Lonzo in a Kawhi trade.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    y2jake215 wrote: »

He.....isn’t getting surgery? And no one has reported that beyond Shams saying he has a torn meniscus that was treated already and he’s back?

More likely this was the Lakers leaking this to make sure the Spurs really, really don’t want Lonzo in a Kawhi trade.

oh i didn't look it up, i thought he just did

i can't believe the lakers would hold up a kawhi trade because of skinny evan turner, but if they do, lol

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Lakers blow ass

haralabob is convinced LBJ to LA is a lock, he notably called durant to GSW last time

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    what Marvel character will LeBron be once he transitions to acting

Xehalus on
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what Marvel character will LeBron be once he transitions to acting

Lebron James as himself in Avengers 6.

LeBron is in LA

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    LeBron is in LA

not saying that he is or is not going to LA, but the fact that he's currently there is not relevant;

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah he lives there and his son, Bronny, goes to school there. That's why everyone assumes he will be signing there, to be closer to home

I suppose that is why you should trade for a rental. seems like they very rarely don't stay, lately

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    also lebron flew to LA on the night free agency starts, and says he will not be meeting with cleveland in person at the same time

i think this is relevant. I'm 99% on LA

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Seemed like it was going to happen from the moment he opted out

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    2 years/$11 million seems like a super below market deal

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Shams and Woj have both been pretty rapid fire with the agreement announcements.

Goose! wrote: »
    Shams and Woj have both been pretty rapid fire with the agreement announcements.

props on all these GMs and agents for negotiating deals and doing all the paperwork in the first 60 seconds of free agency

no tampering at all

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    the Mavs are a playoff team especially if Doncic keeps getting better

sneaky big. also suns are goin for it huh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Enes Kanter just crying jordan'd the Lakers

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll believe DeAndre Jordan is signing with the Mavs when he officially signs a contract.

We all know what happened last time

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Eh, last time the Clippers wanted him.

This time he opted out of his deal just to ensure he wouldn't be stuck there, and honestly who else is gonna pay him $24 million?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Let me know when the Wizards do something. Current prediction is I don't emerge from my coffin until 3 or 4 days into the season, when they win a game

ph blake wrote: »

This time he opted out of his deal just to ensure he wouldn't be stuck there, and honestly who else is gonna pay him $24 million?

It was a joke.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

It was a joke.

You don't just joke about something as serious as the emoji war.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Let me know when the Wizards do something. Current prediction is I don't emerge from my coffin until 3 or 4 days into the season, when they win a game

They already got Austin Rivers. What more could you want?

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Consensus seemed to be that George was no longer worth max money on the open market so him jumping at a max a max deal from OKC isn't as surprising as the offer is. OKC is poised to pay the highest luxury tax bill in history and they're not even done building their team yet

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Well

He's not going to the Heat, Celtics, Cavs, or Warriors so that really narrows it down.

edited July 2018
    But he is meeting with Philly today.

That's what I want. I just think it would be a fun as hell team to watch.

CORRECTION: He is not. His team is.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    LeBron in Toronto.

LeBron can't knock the Raptors out of the playoffs if he's playing for the Raptors.

This discussion has been closed.