As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    this panel sounds designed to make them hate anime again

I trust in the fine people at Crunchyroll dot com, home of unlimited anime, to curate the suggestions appropriately

The last people I would trust to appropriately curate anime suggestions is a community huge anime fans.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Will Dan become the world's number one Sword Art Online fan?

nnooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that would actually destroy this forum.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

I trust in the fine people at Crunchyroll dot com, home of unlimited anime, to curate the suggestions appropriately

The last people I would trust to appropriately curate anime suggestions is a community huge anime fans.

As a huge anime fan, yeah

We are not to be trusted

IKknkhU.gif
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I want zero curation

Open the floodgates

Unlimited Anime

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I want zero curation

Open the floodgates

Unlimited Anime

That would be extremely bad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

So would you rather trust a community of moderate fans instead?, or is it something like you prefer to trust a huge fan singular?

VayBJ4e.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Okay but I took Japanese at my community college, and own all anime on the original Japanese DVDs

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I've been listening to Obscure, which just premiered this month; it's Michael Ian Black reading and commenting on Jude the Obscure, an old, old book. It's pretty entertaining, and he managed to not read any of it before the first ad break on episode 3.

Also, The Weirdest Thing I Learned This Week, which is also good if you like curating bizarre trivia.

I rotated out Off Book, unfortunately, but added back in Night Vale so I could listen to the weather reports a little more frequently, and Punch Up the Jam has a permanent home on my Pocketcasts for now.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    On a slightly more serious note, Jeff's insistence on finding something like Polar Bear's Cafe just kept making me think of Yokohama Shopping Log and I went to look only to be flabbergasted that it never got the full series treatment

• DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

So would you rather trust a community of moderate fans instead?, or is it something like you prefer to trust a huge fan singular?

Only small anime fan recommendations, please

If you're over 5'5" I don't want to hear it

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I think it's interesting in how there are different preferences to who should curate a space.
    It doesn't mean much of anything in the grander scheme of things, so no judgement,
    also we are all goofing.

I'm seeing
    Anti - Collective Curation
    Pro - Anarchic Curation
    Pro - Napoleon Curation

VayBJ4e.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Napoleon Curation is the name of my Jaeger

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

What a coincidence, my Halo spaceship name is Short Man's Directive

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

And don't forget Robert Smith and his Stand, 『Short People』.

uyvfOQy.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Victoria is very good at her job

It'll be fine

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

What a coincidence, my Halo spaceship name is What A Coincidence

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I would not be surprised if Jeff announced that his Jaeger was named Nekomimi Mode.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular

What a coincidence, my Halo spaceship name is What A Coincidence

this reads more like a Culture ship name

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Any post on this page could be the name of a Culture ship

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

I think it's safe to say Justin is freaking out

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    2 hour podcast of Justin awkwardly yelling

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    2 hour podcast of Justin awkwardly yelling

Yeah I love My Brother, My Brother, and Me

liEt3nH.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't... really know who that is
    I'm scanning her filmography and I'm not familiar with most of it

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I think she is more of a stage actress

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

She's a fairly obscure performer who grew to fame in the twilight of her career when she appeared on the first ever red carpet podcast (TM).

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My deepest sympathies to the souls so unfortunate they've never seen Taxi

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I want zero curation

Open the floodgates

Unlimited Anime

That would be extremely bad

Yeah I know it'd be great

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    She is also famous for having Eidetic Recall. She claims to remember everything that has ever happened to her.

Scott Aukerman often refers to perfect memory on CBB as "Marilu Henner's Disease".

Edit: which after checking wikipedia, is actually a neurological disorder that can impede intellect in some who suffer it. It also isn't perfect photographic memory, which has yet to be proven, but much more detailed and complete than most people. Henner claims to remember pretty much everything in her life from 11 and up.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • kmzkmz Registered User regular
    I've been listening to Obscure, which just premiered this month; it's Michael Ian Black reading and commenting on Jude the Obscure, an old, old book. It's pretty entertaining, and he managed to not read any of it before the first ad break on episode 3.

Huh... I remember reading Jude the Obscure in high school when I was majorly in my "I want to read everything depressing because the world is so dark" phase and boy that book certainly fits the bill.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I had to read Hardy's other famous novel, Tess of the D'urbervilles in high school. I couldn't get through the opening chapters that spend about 60 pages detailing every hill, tree, and stream within 40 miles of the setting. I might enjoy it if I picked it back up, but I couldn't stop falling asleep reading it and failed that book report.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

fuck that sounds like an amazing DND group

CYpGAPn.png
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    That might be my favorite episode of IT Crowd

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    kmz wrote: »

Huh... I remember reading Jude the Obscure in high school when I was majorly in my "I want to read everything depressing because the world is so dark" phase and boy that book certainly fits the bill.

I read the Wikipedia summary of it

And oh boy, if this podcast continues and he keeps reading it I don't know how he's going to keep it together.

Maybe this is a long con and he specifically picked this book because of what a bummer it is and he's pretending not to know.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    In this week's Teenagers With Attitude, I didn't even know it was possible to have so many opinions about the relative merits of Mario Party games.
    "No one died, I was playing on easy, like a true gamer."
    FUCK I FORGOT THAT LEXI BOUGHT ZACK A GOLDAR PAINTING
    "So it's a Zaccident." damn this pun is essential honestly, I can't even be mad
    "As far as I know, when you have a podcast about a topic, you're supposed to talk about anything else but the topic, until your host gets angry, then you and the guest start singing the Kingdom Hearts song, I'm sorry Cassie." SIMPLE AND CLEAN IS THE WAY THAT YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL TONIGHT
    "Maybe you should start asking if the rest of us hosts have any Power Rangers related things happening to us." "Lexi, do you have- hold on, this is a trap so you can talk about baby animals, somehow."
    "Actually that's a good question, Frankie, have you watched part 1 and part 2 of this?" "No, I thought about it, and then I thought it'd be funnier if I didn't."
    oh no the dance remix of Mike talking about a shy guy sucking a toad
    "Kat says, is that safe, and Zordon pointedly does not answer the question."
    "The cyberflesh is still fine." "Oh, I don't like the term cyberflesh at all."
    "The ranger suits are not super flattering on the ass." Fashion Corner!
    "I majored in Circuits And All That Stuff."
    "Let's take a quick break, and we'll be right back and talk about the end of the world." "Oh I love Kingdom Hearts 1." "God damnit." "I don't know, I feel fine."
    "Master Vile and all the monsters have been exposing themselves to low levels of explosions, so they're immune now."
    "Explosing themselves."
    "Do you think Zedd has balls?"
    "If he's got balls, he's a master at tucking."
    "So this next thing that happens is incredibly stupid and weird for a number of reasons."
    "He's an inverse megazord. AKA a vampire." god damn that's a deep cut
    "I remember, toward the beginning of this podcast, when I insisted that a megazord was the logical opposite of a vampire," "Yeah and I got really mad at you" "And how you all laughed at me and said I was crazy and stupid." "Hey, I have been on board with this since day one!" "I have been vindicated."
    "I went into a coma, and when I woke up without permission they gave me a sense of smell."
    "and then it cuts to a shot that's mostly just like smoke, with the subtitle, both screaming." "Big mood."
    "Millennials are destroying the world-destroying industry."
    "Power Rangers WMD"
    "Rita hasn't used time magic yet-" "She has, though." "SHE TRAPPED HIM IN A TIME WARP!" "I WAS HOPING YOU FORGOT!"
    "I know for a fact that scattering magical crystals into random places in time and space is not a good way to keep people from getting them, because I have beaten Crash Bandicoot 3."
    "Zordon could end the war at any moment. He likes it. He wants it to keep going."
    I can't believe anyone has thought this much about Mario Party
    "This is more than anyone has ever talked about the strategy of Mario Party."
    "This has gone on long enough-" "No Zack you're not stopping this."
    "8 is the Melee of Mario Party."
    "I think Goombas are nonbinary by birth, but they can choose to have a gender if they so want to."
    "The short answer is, turtles are one of the best animals, and Gamera, as a giant turtle monster, is one of the best giant monsters."
    god damnit Frankie's dramatic reading of the Tenga theme

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Just got out of the Flop House Seattle live show! It was really good!

I would have stuck around to meet the dudes but by the time we got out there the line was already wrapping around the staircase so I was like, ehhh.

• kmzkmz Registered User regular
    Haven't listened to the F1 podcast in a while but I ran across this link and thought about Drew and Danny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmSUHhP3ug&feature=youtu.be

I'm sure they've been sent it a bunch already though.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Also I’m pretty sure I saw Stuart’s wife checking into the theater beforehand. She said her name was *something* Wellington and she was on the guest list.

Moriveth wrote: »
    Also I’m pretty sure I saw Stuart’s wife checking into the theater beforehand. She said her name was *something* Wellington and she was on the guest list.

I wanna say Charlene. I've been marathoning old FlopHouses on my week off and I think that's it.

Yeah, I think that’s who it was! Obvs I didn’t want to be a creepo and ask though.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.