As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - Burn

2»

• Bubble181Bubble181 Registered User new member
    Well, that strikes close to home. Doesn't surprise me in the least, though - I suspected Malachi's insecurity to come from having been put down once too often. It's usually the case.

Well-written and drawn as always, thank you!

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Beautifully done, as always. There might just be hope for Malachi yet...

I mean there probably isn't, but there MIGHT be,

• iczer6iczer6 Registered User regular
    Yay! Character growth.

• VolcartheVolcarthe Registered User regular
    I don't read the comments often, but has anyone yet pointed out that his obvious talent is putting on a talent show?

• CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Great art, so many feels.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • SmogMonsterSmogMonster Registered User new member
    This is gonna sound odd, but Seventeen is more and more reminding me of Delenn from Babylon 5. She just always sees the best in people... Like I said sounds odd, I'm sure.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I wish I could hug all of them

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Brady BrodyBrady Brody Registered User new member
    edited July 2015
    This comic strip- this one in particular sums up why Malachi is one of my favorite characters ever. On one hand, it's easy to laugh at him for being such a cocky little kid- but it's just as easy sympathize with him because underneath all that arrogance is a deeply insecure boy who desperately wants to be admired. Ironically, the more he tries impress people, the more he embarrasses himself. And honestly, who can't relate to that?

I've noticed some readers complaining that Malachi isn't "likable" but really, if you think he's bad... try taking care of kids in real life sometime. Yes, kids can be incredibly cute and funny, but they can also be selfish and impulsive. They test your patience, and make a million bad choices before they distinguish right from wrong. But when they learn- when surprise you by making a mature decision- that makes it all worthwhile.

Brady Brody on
  • SWATrousSWATrous Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the feels trip Suga- I mean Rice

SWATrous on
  • Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    Parents
    Parents pls
    Why
    Why you do dis
    Malachi is sad nao

• GedGed Registered User regular
    I love how Malachi's ears make little pooches in the tree costume.
    Even though this is super sappy, I giggle whenever I look at that.

• DJFlare84DJFlare84 Registered User regular
    G'oh, right in my "I know dem" feels...

It's tough being the kid who never measures up because his folks are displeased with anything even minutely less than absolute perfection...

• Stephen SchutterStephen Schutter Registered User regular
    Tough being a kid and people just put you down.

• Wait a minuteWait a minute Registered User regular
    Wow... I've never been a tree OR a violin player but I felt like this comic was about me. This one is fantastic.

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    This strip is a huge example on how I feel nothing but unconditional pity for Malachi, His arrogant behavior stems from his emotionally abusive upbringing and constant invalidation. Even when Malachi's at his worst, I can never hate the poor kid.

• piggystewpiggystew Registered User regular
    This is the best arc, very emotional.

• Pastels_ParadoxPastels_Paradox Registered User regular
    Oh, Mal...
    This comic makes me so emotional! I can't relate to these kids in terms of family/social/financial conditions- I've always had a very healthy home life- but I think that's part of what makes this so sad for me. I would never be able to imagine how it must be to deal with the same conditions as these kids even with the small bit of teasing I went through going into public school from homeschooling.
    I love these kids. Just let them be safe and happy, dang it!! :(