As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Goose! wrote: »

Just so Lebron can personally trade him to the worst team he can find I would assume.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Marathon wrote: »

Just so Lebron can personally trade him to the worst team he can find I would assume.

ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH THE KNICKS, LANCE!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hawks are currently projected as the worst team in the league next season, actually. Knicks are in that discussion, though.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Hawks are currently projected as the worst team in the league next season, actually. Knicks are in that discussion, though.

Yes, but the Knicks find a way.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I wasn't really going to watch the Lakers this year if they only had LeBron and didn't pair him with anyone, since at that point it would just be the Cavs in a different uniform again, but if they have Lance I will watch just for the memes.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Trae Young will silence the haters

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

Javale joining LeBron. He's gonna have multiple JR's

Goose! on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    We got lebron! Let’s immediately surround him with the biggest group of knuckleheads

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    they are over the cap now I think

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    they are over the cap now I think

Nope! They can wait to make those signings as part of the exceptions and still go sign DeMarcus Cousins if they want.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    P7KOiLV.gif

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    CAN'T ESCAPE FROM CROSSING FATE!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

This is terrible and ESPN should feel bad

Now someone tell me how awful the Blazers are doing so far

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular

This is the best news ever

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Lebron to la is awful but I think I have to watch for the inevitable Lebron/lance nonsense that’s gonna happen.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    On one haND I absolutely hate the lakers. On the other I love LeBron, and live really clse to la. I can see the GoAT play, from the cheap seats. On the other, again, I hate the lakers. I was born and raised in Dayton Ohio though, so I love LeBron.

My body feels funny.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    LeBron's gone on record as wanting to play on the same team as his son, though, so he'll probably stick around for that at least

I think it'll be awesome ala griffey and jr

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Isn't Isaiah Thomas still on the Lakers?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Its interesting that the thunder are willing to be the most expensive team of all time now, but wouldn’t pay harden

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Its interesting that the thunder are willing to be the most expensive team of all time now, but wouldn’t pay harden

Its not like this is a total surprise, though. Happens all the time. Who knows what went into those descisions.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    I'm guessing they're also more willing to do it with Mello coming off the books after this year. If that was setting their payroll for years to come, yeah that's bad & weird. If it's for one single year? Much easier to stomach.

Still think it's a bad idea and they should go full firesale with how the West looks now and will continue to look for years to come, but it's also probably flushing money down the toilet for them to tank instead of being fringe contenders.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I think Presti couldn't stomach trading an all star guard and surprisingly decent rotation center for a one year rental on PG. Everyone thought at the time it was a bargain for OKC but one year later they could either go all in for George or they gave two quality players to Indiana for nothing.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I think Presti couldn't stomach trading an all star guard and surprisingly decent rotation center for a one year rental on PG. Everyone thought at the time it was a bargain for OKC but one year later they could either go all in for George or they gave two quality players to Indiana for nothing.

Presti isn't the one who decides how far into tax they are willing to go.

• Options
    Yeah I should have just said management but my point still stands. I'm not convinced anyone else was going to give PG the max. Him jumping at the money without even taking a meeting with the Lakers tells me it was by far the best deal he was thing to get.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Kelor wrote: »
    Isn't Isaiah Thomas still on the Lakers?

he's a free agent

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Learning from your mistakes I guess.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    It's interesting to see how the Lakers went from looking terrible to looking smart in one day. Preparing to mortgage everything for Kawhi, leaving them with 2 super stars and not much else. Instead they get Lebron, signs a long term deal, so the Lakers don't have to sweat this year. Then they go and add a bunch of 1 year deals (Pope, Stevenson, McGee). Even with Kawhi, they are still only the 3rd best team in the west, so they are better leaving it alone this year and going after him and another free agent star next summer (Kemba Walker?)

Boogie would be interesting. I wonder how his and Lebron's personalities would mesh?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmr0ry55zxg

Ban the Philippines from international basketball for a decade.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Wow. They are really, really lucky that didn't escalate further and end up with more fan involvement.

Also, there's an ESPN 5 now?

• Options
    If 12 on the AUS team didn't straight out elbow the offending player in the face, it would have probably just been an ejection of the PHI player. Even the AUS player that took the hit got right up and didn't look any worse for wear. But that set off the entire other team.

I agree they should be banned for a while. The entire PHI team jumped on the court and even their trainers and such were going after players on the sides. Way too much.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    that phi dude threw a fucking uppercut to start things off, what the fuck is wrong with them

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    It's interesting to see how the Lakers went from looking terrible to looking smart in one day. Preparing to mortgage everything for Kawhi, leaving them with 2 super stars and not much else. Instead they get Lebron, signs a long term deal, so the Lakers don't have to sweat this year. Then they go and add a bunch of 1 year deals (Pope, Stevenson, McGee). Even with Kawhi, they are still only the 3rd best team in the west, so they are better leaving it alone this year and going after him and another free agent star next summer (Kemba Walker?)

Boogie would be interesting. I wonder how his and Lebron's personalities would mesh?

I wouldn't call them mortgaging anything just yet. Kawhi has all the leverage.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular

things are kind of fucked up in the Philippines right now. i could easily imagine even the national basketball team being affected.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »

I wouldn't call them mortgaging anything just yet. Kawhi has all the leverage.

By all accounts the Spurs wanted a ton of assets for Kawhi before the LeBron signing. Now that he's committed to the Lakers for 4 years, most of the leverage is now with the Lakers.

• Options
    Someone mentioned the mavs being a playoff team now that they have deandre and doncic

I just looked at the west and wow. I’m not sure they’re even a 10 seed. The west is a blood bath

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned the mavs being a playoff team now that they have deandre and doncic

I just looked at the west and wow. I’m not sure they’re even a 10 seed. The west is a blood bath

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I figure Golden State, Houston, and LAL are locks, then you have 7 teams that are on paper better than the Mavs fighting for 5 spots. Doncic would have to be a huge stud in year one for us to even compete for a spot imo.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    bold prediction:

JaVale McGee is an All-Star next season

Xehalus on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options