As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It's weird, it's still showing things in-stock for me on the FFG store after a refresh, and let me add things to my cart (except for most of the deluxes, D&D is still there).

Unrelated, I wonder if there's going to be a final MWL update for post R&R.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I found when I was ordering Data & Destiny (and stuff for other games to counter the high shipping cost for one item) that FFG's pages load to show everything out of stock, then updates if something is available. A couple of page loads bugged and didn't do that update.

In short, if everything is out of stock refresh, maybe clear your cache.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    OK, so that big restock last week...I ended up ordering Terminal Directive, and another 6 data packs.
    So at this point I'm up to 2 OG core, 1 Revised core (planning for one more), Terminal Directive, Honor and Profit, Data and Destiny, Creation and Control, and 10 data packs. Working on a couple BGG trades to snag Order and Chaos as well, so hopefully one of those comes through.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    I found when I was ordering Data & Destiny (and stuff for other games to counter the high shipping cost for one item) that FFG's pages load to show everything out of stock, then updates if something is available. A couple of page loads bugged and didn't do that update.

In short, if everything is out of stock refresh, maybe clear your cache.

This turned out to be the case, thanks for the tip! I thought it was suspicious how quickly everything vanished.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Whilst I'm bankrupting myself on cardboard, how is TD? My Netrunner playgroup is 3 people so it seems hard to think how we could play it without leaving someone out.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Whilst I'm bankrupting myself on cardboard, how is TD? My Netrunner playgroup is 3 people so it seems hard to think how we could play it without leaving someone out.

TD has some very good and useful cards, but the campaign is a bit lackluster. It seems corp-favored, and tends to be easy to snowball once one side wins a few games and gets some of the more powerful upgrades. The catch-up mechanisms are decent but ultimately don't fully help you catch up in the campaign. It's still kinda fun though, and if you are careful with the stickers/"tearing cards up," you can easily play through the campaign as the other side with another person.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Oh, I'd definitely be getting it for the campaign rather than useful cards. If that doesn't shine then I'm more than happy to skip it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I like the campaign, and I think it comes with some really cool cards

I love Steve Cambridge

6F32U1X.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    PMAvers wrote: »
    It's weird, it's still showing things in-stock for me on the FFG store after a refresh, and let me add things to my cart (except for most of the deluxes, D&D is still there).

Unrelated, I wonder if there's going to be a final MWL update for post R&R.

I imagine without a significant amount of organized play it'd be hard for FFG to get the data to make one even if they wanted to. Maybe they could release it immediately after worlds if something is obviously degenerate in R&R.

Absolutely there will be a fan one based on Jinteki data.

ChaosHat on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah my thoughts on the TD campaign is that it's interesting, it was fun to play through because it was me and a buddy hanging out and making decks and playing games

but otherwise it was preeeeetty bad

how viable is 419 in the current landscape?

I just played against him and he seems pretty cool and fun

6F32U1X.png
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Mr. G wrote: »
    how viable is 419 in the current landscape?

Very. A Security Nexus 419 deck won the recent European Championships, and that was without Diversion of Funds being legal.

Epimer on
    419 is rad as fuck. I had a SecNex deck earlier this year I took to a store champs, but it wasn't very refined despite being super fun to play. Then a much more refined version of the same idea won Euros and I'm currently 17-2 on jnet with my Diversion of Funds edition of the deck concept

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I think I have all packs I'm missing ordered. I'm just waiting to see on Reign and Reverie now. Once thats done, I need to sleeve up my cards and see what kind of decks I want to run.

steam_sig.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I really, really hope that the Terminal Directive concept gets picked up in the future for other LCGs. It's not a bad idea, and it was cool to see the experiment!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Well, Reign & Reverie isn’t out until tomorrow but it’s already sold out at every store in my area

Cool cool cool

6F32U1X.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I find it appropriate that the last card is Lady Liberty.

Also, while the symbol is an omega, it is also a stylized head. Didn't have to be the last set...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    So what would ever be the utlity for hiding agendas in archives?

I could see it theoretically being a strategy, but I don’t know how you’d really execute on that

6F32U1X.png
    You put some nasty stuff in archives too, have a way to get the agendas back out of archives etc

Anzekay wrote: »
    You put some nasty stuff in archives too, have a way to get the agendas back out of archives etc

I guess I just don't know why that'd be better than just protecting it normally in a server

but it doesn't look like most people play that way anyway

6F32U1X.png
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Usually, putting agendas in archives is a last resort, because you just have too damn many in your hand. You then put on your best poker face and hope the runner continues ignoring archives, at least until you have some way to shuffle them back into your deck! (Jackson Howard was great for this, RIP)

Spending a click to put an agenda into a server, particularly if you can't afford to defend it or score it, is a crippling waste of time. Similarly, holding a hand of five agendas and no other cards is also unappealing, because it means you have no real options on your turn AND the runner is going to score big points if they ever check your hand.

Fry on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Anzekay wrote: »

I guess I just don't know why that'd be better than just protecting it normally in a server

but it doesn't look like most people play that way anyway

Sometimes you can't! Maybe you draw three agendas and you don't have the ICE to defend all that. Maybe you can just ICE archives and make them think "Oh are these tricks and traps or agendas?"

What Fry said is also true. It's going to spend a click to drop the agenda, and another to ICE it. Presumably you have other things to do.

ChaosHat on
    It's not a long-term strategy usually, though many Runners don't usually make runs on archives when the corp has more active threats on the board. Sometimes the Corp simply has too many good cards in hand (or occasionally, flooded with too many agendas) and decides to pitch some, hoping that the runner decides it isn't worth their time to check a random face down card. Runners are far more likely to run a server than a random run on archives unless they have a good reason to do so. Also, there may be times when the Corp only needs a turn or two of breathing room to have the spare clicks to play a card and shuffle something back into their R&D.

Imagine a turn midgame where the corp goes draw - draw - install in remote server with an unknown ice, discard a card to get to 5. The runner now has to decide how to spend their clicks. They might need to draw more cards, play cards for money, install icebreakers/resources/hardware, and maybe check that remote. The corp put something in it, so it's probably important. Maybe later when the runner has some spare clicks they might check archives and see what that face down card is, but if it's not valuable then the Runner just wasted a click that could be used elsewhere.

That said, if it's late-game and the runner hasn't seen many agendas in HQ or R&D and there's not a constant pressure to get them advanced and scored on the board, there's a much higher chance the runner is going after Archives to see if the corp is hiding agendas there. Likewise, if the runner has cards that reward them for easy accesses or central runs, or gain a benefit from running Archives, trying to stash an agenda in Archives becomes much riskier.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Sometimes you just want to mess with the runner.

They're low on credits, you're holding a Government Takeover in your hand, and a Punitive. Early-game, no one can really deal with six meat to the face.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Am I missing something fundamental about trashing cards out of your hand, by the way

as I understand it, you can only do it out of hand if you have more than your hand size at the end of your turn or due to a card effect, and then in a server you can do replacement installs for assets/agendas, but upgrades can (and have to?) stack

is there other stuff I'm missing?

6F32U1X.png
    Am I missing something fundamental about trashing cards out of your hand, by the way

as I understand it, you can only do it out of hand if you have more than your hand size at the end of your turn or due to a card effect, and then in a server you can do replacement installs for assets/agendas, but upgrades can (and have to?) stack

is there other stuff I'm missing?

That's pretty much it.

The way the cycle for the corp goes, however, is

Draw a card (mandatory)
    spend 3 clicks
    Discard if more than 5 cards.

So essentially, unless you do something to stop it, you'll need to put your HQ (hand) cards SOMEWHERE. This can be installed in a server or in front of a server, or it can be discarded. But time will march on.

That's the game's clock - if the corp runs out of cards, they lose. And given that the agenda density sits around 1 agenda card every 4-6 cards (depending on how you play).. again, you have to do something with those cards.

There is stuff out there that breaks that, like Cerebral Imaging, but that's not really worth digging into here.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    in a server you can do replacement installs for assets/agendas, but upgrades can (and have to?) stack

I don't think upgrades have to stack. I believe the rule is, when you install something in a server, you may trash anything that was already in that server (and if there are more than one asset/agenda in the server, trash some until that problem is fixed).

It's pretty rare that you'd want to trash an upgrade when installing something else to the server, but maybe you want to mess with the runner's head (installing one card over another is a big RUN THIS SERVER AND/OR ARCHIVES signal), or maybe you need that upgrade in the archives so you can get it back some other way to play it on a different server.

I was wondering what the counter was to Controlling the Message's nonsense

turns out, as I just learned the hard way, it's the console that makes the corp trash a card from HQ at random whenever they don't trash an accessed card

I had to throw like 4 agendas in the trash and then they just insta-won

6F32U1X.png
    Yeah Maw can be rough against CtM. It does change your game plan a bit.

The other counter, of course, is playing a high-link runner. When I have 3-4 link, most of CtM's nonsense is nullified.

Went to my first-ever in-person tournament tonight, and I'm happy to say I didn't come in last

I came in SECOND-to-last

and I won a promo Imp and promo Apex! now I have to play Apex!

6F32U1X.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Went to my first-ever in-person tournament tonight, and I'm happy to say I didn't come in last

I came in SECOND-to-last

and I won a promo Imp and promo Apex! now I have to play Apex!

Mini-faction representation! There are literally tens of us. Tens!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    The guy that won the whole thing was actually playing Adam

6F32U1X.png
    Finally got Reign & Reverie in, two things

#1: I think I really wanna play Liza Talking Thunder, combining that ability with Citadel Sanctuary could be reaaaal fun
    #2: seeing a card named “blockchain” might convince me it’s actually the right time for Netrunner to go

6F32U1X.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Blockchain is an amazing jab at companies like Tether. It’s hilarious and thematic and I love it.

Finally got Reign & Reverie in, two things

#1: I think I really wanna play Liza Talking Thunder, combining that ability with Citadel Sanctuary could be reaaaal fun
    #2: seeing a card named “blockchain” might convince me it’s actually the right time for Netrunner to go

I'm surprised it took them so long after the introduction of TGTBT.

Won the SoCal regional today! 24 players, cut to top 8. Was using CtM and 419.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    419???

Only the Nexus/Power Tap version, not the Apoc version.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Boo

Honestly, I just didn't have time to test it. I'm sure it's good but I only really looked at your list a day before, not enough time to play it and get used to it. For a regionals I wanted something I had some practice with.