As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• CreganTurCreganTur Registered User regular
    I've been really enjoying this game since I started, but it wasn't until last night that I got completely hooked.

Got a 50% off coupon and decided to buy some plat and the starter pack. Everything in my arsenal was max ranked, so I rushed my Rhino, Hek, and the incubation on my Helminth Charger.

So first, I want to introduce Angel and say thanks to some amazing people in our clan and alliance who helped me get the Plastids I needed for the power core (and so many other things).
    UiU3BXj.jpg

I ran the Rhino with my Fragor and Hek and was cackling with glee. It's amazing how different that frame feels, and it feels substantial! The secrets of Hek have also been revealed and I understand why people love this thing.

Frost's building in the foundry along with a ton of new weaponry (earned, not bought with plat- saving that for unlocks). It's gonna be a great week.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I mostly use the plat for slots and orokin catalysts. It makes a very serious difference, and if you're flush with plat it's worth considering spending a little plat on upgrading your favorite weapons and/or frames. Otherwise you just have to pray you're online when catalyst blueprint alerts happen, which hasn't happened to me in... a week?

Also, I see that you went with the classic Char colors for your Rhino.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    I used the free potatoes from my starter pack to upgrade my Hek and my Fragor. I've got the Frame potatoe and I was holing it back because I wasn't sure what Frame to use it on, but you make a good point. I'll slot 1 on my Excalibur and craft/buy another for Rhino.

That color scheme just looked good, plus I don't have anything beyond the basic colors.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Even though it'll be a while before you beat the sacrifice, I can't in good conciousness recommend wasting a potato on excalibur, when iirc umbra comes with one already on him

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2018
    CreganTur wrote: »
    I used the free potatoes from my starter pack to upgrade my Hek and my Fragor. I've got the Frame potatoe and I was holing it back because I wasn't sure what Frame to use it on, but you make a good point. I'll slot 1 on my Excalibur and craft/buy another for Rhino.

That color scheme just looked good, plus I don't have anything beyond the basic colors.

The Frost you're making has been one of my mainstays, at least. He has very good basic stats, and his 3 is kind of downright defining for all defense-type missions. As in "the difference between whether a pug defense against Corpus succeeds or not is often based on "do we have a Frost"" levels of defining.

And it does look good. It's just I build gunplas and that red-and-gold scheme on a robot usually means "this robot is piloted by a Char clone". Such as, for example:
    71faQRfrmkL._SL1500_.jpg

Drascin on
    @Drascin nice- I've got a perfect grade Strike Gundam I've assembled, but haven't done any paint or polish on it. I'm primarily a miniatures painter. Recently finished a Pirate bust. WIP pic:
    HMkZPXD.jpg

Good to know about Frost. I've been in a number of games where they use Snow Globe to defend points.

Super excited to play more with Rhino tonight.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    This is a terrible sortie.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    The secret to Nitain was to be around when they first did Twitch drops before they fixed it and watch ALL the streams at once.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    OK, so it's been killing me, what's the title of the thread from

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I have run the assassination of this sorite three times with randoms.

Three times have we not had everyone make it to the boss room to start the fight. Once, someone managed to get themselves locked out.

Characters
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    OK, so it's been killing me, what's the title of the thread from

It contains some spoilers for Apostase Prologue and some other big quests, so keep that in mind. With that said, it comes from this video:

https://youtu.be/KG2Q4XmRtxo

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    That is some glorious... something. My mind cannot comprehend it enough to come up with the proper noun.

• LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    So since I just wasted all my relics and didn't get what I need...

Does anyone have a Ballistica prime lower limb they wanna trade away?

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • JimmyTSquirrelJimmyTSquirrel Registered User regular
    Platform: PC
    Name: JimmyTSquirrel

I would appreciate an invite to the clan.

@Drascin nice- I've got a perfect grade Strike Gundam I've assembled, but haven't done any paint or polish on it. I'm primarily a miniatures painter. Recently finished a Pirate bust. WIP pic:
    HMkZPXD.jpg

Good to know about Frost. I've been in a number of games where they use Snow Globe to defend points.

Super excited to play more with Rhino tonight.

You know, Rhino was never one of my favorites. I used him a lot simply because he has much better stats than Excalibur and it was a long time until I got Frost for a "basic stat stick" frame, but I was never super happy with him.

Lately, my tank frame of choice has been Oberon. He's less pure tough than Rhino and Frost, but he has HP regen for peanuts cost in energy and when soloing that makes a huge difference.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    That credit farm in Ceres seems odd, says 25k per, but i'm making way more than that. I guess the bonus affects the credit score after the scoreboard? I've made and spent a couple million it seems.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

The Frost you're making has been one of my mainstays, at least. He has very good basic stats, and his 3 is kind of downright defining for all defense-type missions. As in "the difference between whether a pug defense against Corpus succeeds or not is often based on "do we have a Frost"" levels of defining.

Frost is awesome as a stationary defense frame, but once you get the augment for his 4 he turns into a really good mobile CC supporter too. With the augment, his 4 will provide you and your team with a small, Rhino Iron Skin style temp HP pool on top of its normal decent AoE damage and crowd control goodies so just keep spamming it out to CC everything and buff your team while dropping snow globes as needed.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    That credit farm in Ceres seems odd, says 25k per, but i'm making way more than that. I guess the bonus affects the credit score after the scoreboard? I've made and spent a couple million it seems.

I assume you have a booster running that gives you more credits? I buy the prime cosmetics packs which give you 90 day affinity and credit boosters. Running Ceres I get about 45k+ per run. Of course should really be running the index for credits.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • SmagglerSmaggler Registered User regular
    Platform: PC
    Name: Smaggler

An invite to the clan would be appreciated. Thx.

• Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I've got two more pals who'd like to join me in The Space Knights of Arcadia if we've got the room (PC):
    AetherionEX
    Vindicator9000

Thanks!

In other news, I've been having a lot of fun but I keep getting caught up on grinding instead of just progressing through story missions like I should. I get super turned off by some of the junction requirements. Right now I have one where I have to do a spy mission with all 3 successfully extracted. I'm not great at those.

I also had one that required 5 missions with only a melee weapon equipped. Luckily a friend offered to carry me through those, so that helped.

I think tonight I'll try and power through that spy mission and see what the next planet has to offer.

Dronus86 on
    Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »

I assume you have a booster running that gives you more credits? I buy the prime cosmetics packs which give you 90 day affinity and credit boosters. Running Ceres I get about 45k+ per run. Of course should really be running the index for credits.

Nope, after action report says I earned 25k or therebouts each time. Not aware of any boosters, I haven't bought anything other than inv slots.

Found a 30min credit booster in the wild yesterday- didn't even know those existed.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Was watching one of my streamers playing Destiny 2 last night and then they switched over to Warframe. After seeing hyper space ninjas in action, I had to reinstall last night. I had actually installed once before but never even ran the game. I gotta watch these beginner videos but I'm very curious to see how I like it.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Was watching one of my streamers playing Destiny 2 last night and then they switched over to Warframe.

I wonder if DE sent Bungie a thank you card since D2 launch.

Nosf- I know Massive (figuratively) did. The Division had a massive resurgence after the 2nd round of Destiny 2 bollocks. It's part of the reason why the game's sequel got pushed so hard into production.

Trading might still be archaic, but hey, these Frost Prime BPs do occasionally sell.

Hooray, platinum.

Characters
    Octavia, Titania and Mirage all cooking. Guess I'll go for Ivara next.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Whew, just sent out a ton of clan invites, however.
    Dronus86 wrote: »
    Vindicator9000

Apparently this username does not exist. Any chance there's a letter swap or an O instead of a 0 or something?

Also, hooray, new thread!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    I was mistaken, it's Validator9000.

Not his usual, so that's why I was confused.

Thanks!

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
    Oh hey, that's all the pieces for Equinox. Now to wait a freaking week for everything to be built.

I'm missing so many frames that everyday it feels like a new one finishes cooking.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I just finished grinding for Nidus parts. I got quite lucky and saw zero duplicates. I did have a couple missions where I didn't get a part, but I know how lucky I was.
    Now I just have to finish the quest series.
    And wait for a platinum discount so I can buy frame space.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Tradechat is the worst. Everyone just trying to rip you off when I've got pricing at the touch of a button.

Then they get mad at you when you call them out on it.

Oh well, managed to get my last Ash Prime part anyways.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Trade is a noob trap inhabited by the damned.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Trade is a noob trap inhabited by the damned.

Trade chat is like a waterway filled with vicious Pyrana-tradesmen and Riven-Sharks.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Just use Warframe.marke, there's almost never any haggling there

steam_sig.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Or, if buying, use Market and ask at 10-20 plat over market minimum on Trade. Works for me every time.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Kavat Genetic Code Alert (PC). Till 5:40 PM Pacific

YoungFrey on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    For inexpensive things, I just use the market. It's not worth my time to try to haggle for a plat or two off an item that only costs 5-10 in the first place.

For more expensive (50+) items, I'll ask in trade. Usually people come in at 1.5-2x what I can find it for on the market, they get ignored. 10-20% off a reasonable Marketplace price is awesome, anything more is just icing.

But yeah, warframe trade chat is "my stuff is precious, your stuff is worthless, now let's haggle" personified.

It does annoy me a bit when people try to haggle a marketplace price, but I stand firm on that, especially since I usually price on the lower end of things. If a piece is going for 20-30, and mine is 22, no I'm not dropping to 20 or less just because. Clearly the 20's aren't around and you got up to me, or you'd be dealing with them.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I...have a goal now.

There will be no more pain, just speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0hzqXUc54

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG