As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Oh damn, Adaptive Ailerons are an always-on feature on Strikers?

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    They are. Duchess is still around though.

In one of the streams/videos, they said it simplified balance for the dial since they didn't have to work around "what if they don't take it".

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    They are. Duchess is still around though.

In one of the streams/videos, they said it simplified balance for the dial since they didn't have to work around "what if they don't take it".

Duchess is actually better than ever too, since the ability allows ignoring stress for them too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    looking through the 2nd edition articles a bit

I kinda wonder what x-wing pilots they're putting in the starter set besides luke? All the other ones we've seen from 2nd edition are either from the Partisan stuff or are in the basic t-65 expansion (notably, that's where Biggs is now), so maybe there's a new one or two in the core?

that'd be alright

• Options
    I think only Porkins and unnamed pilots have been shown so far?

• Options
    I think only Porkins and unnamed pilots have been shown so far?

oh, I missed that we'd seen Porkins

I guess it'd make sense to move him into the starter set, though I was kind of hoping there would be more new t-65 pilots between the new core and basic expansion than just Thane (and Luke, basically)

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Didn't they say the cards in the T-65 expansion would also be in the upgrade kit so you don't have to buy new models?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Odd I saw Saw's kit mentioned it's 2.0 ready in the box?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Odd I saw Saw's kit mentioned it's 2.0 ready in the box?

Yes. Includes both 1.0 and 2.0 parts and cards.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Didn't they say the cards in the T-65 expansion would also be in the upgrade kit so you don't have to buy new models?

Yes. The only thing that's "new" in the expansion vs the conversion kit is the sculpt

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I need so many new X-Wing and Y-Wing. The wings fold/turret turns!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I love Wave 14. the 2.0 stuff is so crisp, the new dials are great feeling in the hand, and the models are just absolutely excellent.

The U wing always had a large peg, so it fits onto the medium base properly. However, the Reaper has a small peg, so it uses a small to medium adapter, which is REALLY nice.

Also, technically, the U-wing can't mount the 2.0 component of the Pivot wing. The ship's technical name is UT-60D U-Wing. The Pivot wing's restrictions require the UT-D60 U-Wing.

Finally, no quick build / threat pieces or standard 2.0 components.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I totally forgot that was today. Might have to swing by and grab stuff on lunch tomorrow

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Preview is up of Lando's Falcon.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/25/got-it-where-it-counts/

swz04_a2_header.png

Lots of cards spoiled. I'm in a meeting for the next while, if no one else posts them I'll consolidate them and update this.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Alright, let's do this.

swz04_a1_spread.png

swz04_han-solo.png

swz04_a1_pilot-card_lando.pngswz04_l3-37.png

swz04_l3-37-escape-craft.pngswz04_outer-rim-pioneer.png

swz04_autopilot-drone.pngswz04_a2_diagram.jpg

Essentially a guided missile! L3-37 might take some issues with the practice, though.

swz04_l3-37_upgrade.pngswz04_chewbacca.png

swz04_lando-calrissian.pngswz04_qira.png

swz04_l3-37s-programming.png

Our first Component that is not locked to a specific ship!

swz04_landos-millennium-falcon.png

Athenor on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Doing The Force's work, @Athenor !

• Options
    edited June 2018
    L337 Programming is just lol.

Ever since I had that name pointed out to me...

Lando crew is really, really good.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    heh, the focus symbol on droid pilot cards is different

wonder if that has any mechanical significance or it's just a cute detail?

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    It's different. Each droid focus (Calculate) can be spent to turn a single focus die result into a hit or evade respectively. Droids can get multiple calculate tokens per their actions and upgrade cards. So could be more powerful, could be less powerful depending on the situation.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    heh, the focus symbol on droid pilot cards is different

wonder if that has any mechanical significance or it's just a cute detail?

In the video I posted earlier, they talked about it for a couple minutes.

After several mechanical concepts, they eventually decided on “Focus, but it sucks.”

As @italianranma mentioned, it seems like it’s a bit easier for droids to get more than one Calculate token.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    How does one get from the falcon and into the escape pod? There is no clear hatch.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    How does one get from the falcon and into the escape pod? There is no clear hatch.

Don't be bringing logic into my two dimensional space fighter game with space wizards and sentient robots!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

nosqv4cogph6.png
    That looks like it might be a hatch on the side?
    That would line up with the inside of the mandibles, according to some floorplans, there is a maintenance corridor that leads down the inside of the mandibles that could provide access to that potential hatch.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Millennium_Falcon_Old_Layout.JPG

• Options
    Firespray day!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/2/any-methods-necessary-1/

Jeez. 5 unique pilots, 3 titles... I cut out some of the redundant equipment pics.

I don't know if all these are coming in the standalone pack or are available in the conversion kit. The conversion kit is going to include all the 2.0 Wave 1 new cards/components, so you shouldn't have to double dip, but I don't know about 2.0 buy-in.

swz16_a1_ship-art.png

swz16_boba-fett.pngswz16_emon-azzameen.png

swz16_kath-scarlet.pngswz16_krassis-trelix.png

swz16_koshka-frost.png

swz16_andrasta.pngswz16_slave-1.png

swz16_marauder.png

swz16_proximity-mines.pngswz16_veteran-tail-gunner.png

swz16_lone-wolf.png

swz16_boba-crew.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I love the thematic approach to Boba Fett's crew card. But I think he was closer than 3 to Han in ESB, just sayin'. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I love the thematic approach to Boba Fett's crew card. But I think he was closer than 3 to Han in ESB, just sayin'. :)

He was also piloting in ESB. Clearly he doesn't want to give away all his tricks when he's riding in someone else's ship.

see317 on
  • Options
    It said all of this was available in the conversion kit. I believe it also said it had 6 unique pilots?

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Heavy Laser Cannon is new, innit?

Can only be used against targets in your bullseye arc, which is awesome.

swz16_heavy-laser-cannon.png

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Apologies, I had seen it before, but I think that was in the unboxing pics of the conversion kits, so not officially. :)

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I don't see what the default upgrade slots are per ship, is that something that can change via the app?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yes

all point values and available ship upgrade slots will be viewable in the app but not the cards

also: yaaayyy Emon's back

shame they still haven't given us Ace

• Options
    Yeah, upgrade slots outside of the quick setup cards are fluid. So they can add/remove upgrades on a per pilot basis. All the cards define are the baseline ship/pilot combo now.

• Options
    FYI, someone leaked the imperial conversion kit with an unboxing video.

I am very excited for 2.0 right now.

• Options
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/9/direct-confrontation/

Not really much new here.

b4tiwczrdfkb.pngtxyh6hq7w7sy.png

Fenn Rau, Old Teroch, and Kad Solus are basically identical to their 1.0 counterparts.

However, one thing to note, that I don't think has been pointed out before, is the different color pattern on the 2.0 ship:
    bq75sebyv8zj.png
    (New card art+1.0 render)

It matches the new card art as well as the paint scheme from Rebels.

• Options
    I just want a picture of its wings rotating and how that will work with the model and the peg stand. If these things are going to be on sale at GenCon, they have to have production proofs in hand by now.

• Options
    It looks like they are still using old renders for the preview article. I'd guess we'd get a bit more range than the x-wings, but not full 360.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    They're also doing a Preview Tournament at GenCon on Thursday.

Depending on what faction you want, there's a different ticket you can register for, and for the fee it gets you:
    All Imperial participants will receive one X-Wing Second Edition Core Set and one TIE Advanced x1 Expansion Pack
    All Rebel participants will receive one X-Wing Second Edition Core Set and one BTL-A4 Y-Wing Expansion Pack

EDIT:

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The squadbuilder's not out yet, right?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    August, I think, is the last I heard on the release date.