As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    It’s on the fifth at 3pm in the Conga room I think

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Yeah looks like CRHQ will be based out of LA Live, which is right adjacent to the convention center. I swing by that area all the time during the con for the Starbucks cause I need that caffeine.

But yeah, if it's out in LA Live then there should be no AX badge requirement.

Edit: Panel idea is interesting, I assumed it was just going to be Dan and Jeff banging out about how much they like DBZ. 30 second clips trying to convince them to get into anime sounds kind of funny. If schedules line up I might check it out, but I'm sure it will be up on the youtube later as well.

Inquisitor on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I really like amnesty, but without starting up the whole Travis thing, the character itself makes no sense

She's a tough goth fire magician who.... literally just starts giggling when she sees a fluffy cat?

Or nearly gets everyone killed because she wants to touch the shiny thing?

He's playing her like she's 6, and it's really really unnerving

Who doesn't start giggling when they see a fluffy kitty?

Not me that's who.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Oh shit

This slots in perfectly with the "Cyberpunk USA but the Midwest has turned into Mad Max" setting I'm building

It kind of hurts, how perfect it is

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I don't have as much slot a problem with Aubrey these days, largely because the rabbit isn't in the picture much anymore

Travis never said she was a cool punk goth, he said she looks like one. And since I know folks with tats and piercings and the whole shebang who are the most cutesy artist types you could meet, that didn't bother me. (apart from the rabbit; again, very hopeful that thing turns into a monster at some point) And her thing in Sylvane felt less like "touch the shiny thing" and more "compulsive plot device", like that wasn't her being weird so much as it was the crystal being mysterious

And the last episode
    the scene with her parents didn't read to me as though we're supposed to think she's "persecuted" or that "parents just don't understand, maaan". It just felt like, y'know. A family situation. Nothing about it felt particularly judgey of anyone involved, certainly no one felt like the bad guy in the situation

And also I really like the reveal that Ned totally burgled that fucking pendant so if nothing else that scene justified itself for that

I dunno! I really disliked Aubrey at first but she's evened out a lot in this second arc

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Actual gasp upon seeing the new Dollop is on Andrew Jackson

6F32U1X.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm sorry son but your INT is for shit
    Have you considered bard?

But he can still be a sorcerer!

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    the end of this MBMBAM is a thing of beauty

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Actual gasp upon seeing the new Dollop is on Andrew Jackson

Bad news for the "Don't like episodes that are reminiscent of Trump" crowd

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    they did an andrew jackson episode way early on about what a cool badass he was so y'know what, glad they're taking time to set the record straight

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I kind of love the progression of the Dollop guys from "just some comedians, who wanna tell historically stories in funny voices but don't wanna get too political"

To you know, "the wealthy will literally drop bombs and send armies to avoid paying you so fuck em honestly."

NeoToma on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They have gone drom let them eat cake to making guillotines

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream GBE Playdate

I do love hearing Harlan Ellison just go for it as AM.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I kind of love the progression of the Dollop guys from just some comedians, who don't wanna get too political

Too you know, "the wealthy will literally drop bombs and send armies to avoid paying you so fuck em honestly."

spending a lot of time learning about history tends to do that, I think

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Going through my Facebook's on this day, I came across this quote - for all the narrative and pacing problems The Stolen Century arc had, Griffin can write a damn line.
    And as this storm intensifies, she is unshaken, because this isn't the first storm that she has lived through. And so she does what she's done countless times before: she thinks of her friends, and she prays for sunrise.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Virgil and Matt sit down with longtime Simpsons writer Mike Reiss to discuss his new book "Springfield Confidential: Jokes, Secrets and Outright Lies From a Lifetime of Writing For The Simpsons". Also the co-creator of The Critic and creator of Queer Duck, Mike has written for the Simpsons off and on since its creation, and with him we talk about our favorite family, Thomas Edison's cinema-busting goon squad, the traitor Leon Trotsky's whereabouts, and Star Trek cast members' thoughts on trains.

Edith Upwards on
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    You Must Remember This is back.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

he was probably the best part but man

that game does not look half as good as people talk about it like it is

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Moriveth wrote: »

he was probably the best part but man

that game does not look half as good as people talk about it like it is

It is neither a particularly good short story or game, but I think in both cases it is still an important one just because of how unique the ideas were at the time.

Kane Red Robe on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't think that's a game that really shows well

That said, they sort of skipped over some real wild shit by peacing out of Gorrister's scenario early

Maddoc wrote: »

That said, they sort of skipped over some real wild shit by peacing out of Gorrister's scenario early

the thing is like, i think some of the ideas are neat

but everything about the presentation is so goofy that it's hard to take it seriously

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Today marks five years.

Thanks, Ryan Davis.

@Mr. G and others who were listening to the Brad Bird Blank Check series, shoot me a PM, I think I have something you'll want

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I keep catching myself saying "ope" ever since I learned about it being a weird Midwest thing.

Like when I had to get my receipt from the cashier at the gas station and almost left my car door open this morning.

Also I am falling behind on podcasts since moving is stressful.

Also starting to get strung out only sleeping like 4 hours a night most nights.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yaya it genuinely seems like you're actively trying to get in trouble

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

are you a cop

Finally, we begin to jail Dr. Who fans

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

are you a cop

Smells like a cop

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

You’ll never catch me alive

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    This Year Collection was a series by Matthew Floratos where he would edit together best ofs for popular podcasts.

When Ryan passed, he asked people to send him their favorite Ryan bits and he put them together in 2 separate pods. One is the typical best of with some of Ryan, Jeff and Alex's rap intermixed. The second is a remix with tracks from the Summer Jams playlist.

This Year isn't around anymore, but the archives are.

This is the link to the archives https://archive.org/download/this-year-collection
    and you can find the Ryan ones down at the very bottom. I listen to the non Summer Jams one every year at this time, it's a great showcase of how great the duder was.

I still have ryan's summer jams spotify playlist marked

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I still have ryan's summer jams spotify playlist marked

It's a banger

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

the thing is like, i think some of the ideas are neat

but everything about the presentation is so goofy that it's hard to take it seriously

Yeah, they say it in the video but it is DEFINITELY a product of the 90's trying to make everything EXTREME and SO BLEAK AND DARK, MAN

I think it's an interesting game that has some weirdo shit in it, and credit to them for actually expanding on that short story that would absolutely not work as a game on its own, but... yeah. It's an odd duck of a game.

Gustav wrote: »

Well there's always Bon Jovi's other option

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

And on my tombstone it will say "Doctor Who is good you turds"

aGPmIBD.jpg

"Doctor Who Has A Lot Of Good Elements But Is Mostly Kind Of Poopy But I Love It Anyway"

"Doctor Who," more like "Doctor Booo, I don't care for this show"

Boom got em

This discussion has been closed.