As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Sword and Shield: Out now. Mark your spoilers!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    xmynwh0clc2k.png

ADD ME, FOOLS

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I guess Go did not get popular again around me. Went to check out my first raid because I've been gone that long, only nobody showed up. Regice sitting at the library by me and it's a 5 difficulty :bigfrown:

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Someone hacked Ultra Necrozma's z-move onto a Skitty

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    More people should be adding me on Pokémon Go

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    By the way I've got a couple extra shiny Zygarde codes if anyone needs one.

• Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    By the way I've got a couple extra shiny Zygarde codes if anyone needs one.

Are they for Pokémon Go?

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Nah, just for the Sun and Moon games. I don't think Pokemon Go has gotten around to adding the sixth gen pokemon yet.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Huh. Quest came out for Android and is kinda neat. Already seeing a surprising amount of tactical depth in timing your actives correctly according to the AI positioning.

Also it's cute.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Just started playing Ultra Moon, because I am BEHIND THE TIMES.

My team appears to be made up entirely of bugs and fire types, plus my owl archer starter.

Festival Plaza seems pretty confusing and though I see bunches of Real Actual People in lists there, I don't see them to talk to. I just want some good red and yellow dye shops, 'cause the colours available in Moon are all the blues, greens and purples! How I do?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    For some reason I'm determined to be the magikarp jump champion in Magikarp Jump

Send help

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »

My team appears to be made up entirely of bugs and fire types, plus my owl archer starter.

Festival Plaza seems pretty confusing and though I see bunches of Real Actual People in lists there, I don't see them to talk to. I just want some good red and yellow dye shops, 'cause the colours available in Moon are all the blues, greens and purples! How I do?

Give up because Festival plaza is horrible shit no human can comprehend

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2018

Give up because Festival plaza is horrible shit no human can comprehend

That's good to know I guess. I have gone on that a few times but wasn't sure what the point was.

Mulling over doing a full team of the eevee evolutions in my play through of sun.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Festival Plaza is easy to understand.

As you earn FC, you will increase in rank and be offered a random new shop (I believe as your rank increases the odds of being offered a high-rank shop increases but it's still arbitrary). When you connect your system to the internet, it uploads your current Festival Plaza info to the server and downloads a random selection of people from the server. Whatever shop you put as your first shop will be available to purchase for anyone who talks to you in the Festival Plaza (once you've gained a few levels anyway and unlock that option).

To earn FC, talk to the girl in the dress next to the castle entrance to do missions, or just run around and talk to people with colored text. In the Ultra games you can also earn a ton of FC doing the rental battle things (again I think it unlocks after a few rank ups).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Huh. Is there any way to force someone on your friend list to show up in there and buy a given shop they own, then?

I have nothing of note other than a 3star lottery, which I'm guessing it's terrible. I've done a little of the rental battle stuff, might do some more.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Huh. Is there any way to force someone on your friend list to show up in there and buy a given shop they own, then?

I have nothing of note other than a 3star lottery, which I'm guessing it's terrible. I've done a little of the rental battle stuff, might do some more.

If you interact with someone on your friends list they should show up automatically as the first person in your plaza. So just make sure they have the thing you want as their first shop and then do a link battle or trade. You can also summon anyone who is currently "in" your plaza by talking to a reception person on the left side of the castle, so if you've recently interacted with someone or are online with them in-game, you should be able to find them there

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for that tips. I've also got a 2 Star Switcheroo shop that lets you shuffle the Pokémon available in your rental battles, and a 1 star 'Team Red' dye shop that lets me dye things very very pale pink. I'm looking for the Red dye shop that actually dyes things red.

Edit: Was doing the rental battles, and saw a level 42 person with a Technician Scizor and Scizorite. Took 'em into a challenge, ace it... And they're not on my team for another challenge. I thought I was about to cakewalk myself to victory!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    For some reason I'm determined to be the magikarp jump champion in Magikarp Jump

Send help

I no joke really liked Magikarp Jump, it's like a Pokemon game in micro

the dex is all just variations on the same monster and there's even a hidden ghost girl encounter

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I keep getting gifts to give in Go, and I can;t delete them, taking up precious bag space.
    Add me with code 7563 1232 9758

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »

End of the Hoenn storyline.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

Groudon getting dunked on for trying to take on a water type.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Possibly the most lopsided matchup between cover legends they've ever had.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »

Possibly the most lopsided matchup between cover legends they've ever had.

If Groudon is slower so that sun goes up to reduce water damage and have one-turn Solar Beam it's got a shot.

But I don't know offhand how Groudon and Kyogre's speeds match up.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    they are both 90

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I dunno even if groudon set up sunny day and somehow survived a 4x strong STAB water attack from kyogre to get the no-charge solar beam off, solar beam won't have STAB and groudon has "merely" 100 base special attack, compared to kyogre's 150 base special defense. Kyogre might be able to survive one.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

Send help

the dex is all just variations on the same monster and there's even a hidden ghost girl encounter

I love it! It's so tongue in cheek and I got to catch a ditto posing as a magikarp and you can catch a dratini and you throw it back in the pond because why would you want anything that isn't a magikarp

Also shiny golden magikarp turn into red gyarados if you accidentally evolve them.

Also also also

n7fcIYX.png?1

I guess I'm the magikarp jump champion???

Time to contemplate if I want to complete the 'dex...

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    I dunno even if groudon set up sunny day and somehow survived a 4x strong STAB water attack from kyogre to get the no-charge solar beam off, solar beam won't have STAB and groudon has "merely" 100 base special attack, compared to kyogre's 150 base special defense. Kyogre might be able to survive one.

Those looked like OG Gen III graphics, so water attacks would only be 2x.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

Send help

I love it! It's so tongue in cheek and I got to catch a ditto posing as a magikarp

Wow I don't think this had been discovered/introduced before I stopped playing. Neat!

Also didn't know the game could end!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Being a giant nerd I plugged this hypothetical situation into a damage calculator, Groudon can't 1-hit KO Kyogre with solar beam even under the most contrived build circumstances unless it crits. However Kyogre is less good at one-shotting Groudon through sunny day than I thought, the only thing that can really threaten a OHKO on a no-defense Groudon is water spout while it's holding a damage boosting held item or on a crit, and only if Kyogre attacks first so it's at full HP. Surf won't do it, and Hydro Pump and Origin Pulse won't do it except on a crit, assuming they even hit.

e: oh I didn't even notice regular groudon wasn't fire type, that explains it

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Quest continues to be really good. I've got a Koffing whose sludge bomb effectively fires four giant exploding blobs and it's great.

Rhyhorn looks like a derpy hearse in this art style, though.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Serebii updated their Quest pages quite a bit, but apparently you can't get Voltorb from the electric recipe? Or at least they haven't figured out for sure yet. Either way I'm missing out and I'm having no luck from the Red recipe.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Ribombee is straight up leading the team here. I won't say 'carrying', because the others are no slouches, I just rarely have to switch the Cutiefly evolution out.

I'm about to go upstairs in the Team Skull Shady Mansion, so I made sure to skip out, go clothes shopping, and turn up in a smart pink polo shirt and freshly pressed white capri pants to rub in just how middle class and smart I am.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Serebii updated their Quest pages quite a bit, but apparently you can't get Voltorb from the electric recipe? Or at least they haven't figured out for sure yet. Either way I'm missing out and I'm having no luck from the Red recipe.

Heh, that's funny. From what I've seen from the wild Voltorb literally only knows self-destruct, and I guess they didn't want to make two versions for wild ones and ones you can own? Which is a bit weird, thinking about it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Heh, that's funny. From what I've seen from the wild Voltorb literally only knows self-destruct, and I guess they didn't want to make two versions for wild ones and ones you can own? Which is a bit weird, thinking about it.

You can still get Voltorb, just from the standard recipe.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    i never played go, should i start?

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Do you like walking a lot while staring at your phone?

Do you like awkwardly standing around with a group of strangers while waiting for a timer to finish?

If so, maybe

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
This discussion has been closed.