As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

.gifv not working in iOS

As the title says, embedded .gifv files don't work for me in iOS (on my phone or iPad, regular site and mobile)

Any time someone posts one, the forum will only show the first frame, without a play icon, and won't auto play. I know it's the forum, because if I type in the URL of the .gifv, I will get the play icon and it will work as normal

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    You have no idea how lucky you are

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    As funny as that is, I'd still like to be able to see them

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    m6z7i1ayfmkn.jpeg

Necro-ing this thread since I don’t know if it warrants a new entry.

At some point in the past few months the gifv display problem has gotten worse. Before, you could long-press/hard-press on the image to get it to display/open in a new tab. Now, long pressing does nothing to the image. If the image dimensions are too large, the Play button is cut off, and the image can’t be viewed beyond a small upper-left cut of the first frame (as seen in the screenshot).

It makes threads like the Snugglehug Thread unusable on mobile, and that makes me sad.