As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Put "The worst episodes of 9 and 10 were better than 90% of 11 and 12s' runs" on my headstone

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Put "11's First Season Is One Of The Best Sci-Fi Stories On Screen But The Quality Quickly Drops Off" on my tombstone

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    More like Dr. Who Cares About This Show It's Boring And I Don't Like It Also Stop Pretending To Be British, American Dr. Who Fans, I Mean Really It's Fine To Like A Thing But There's Such A Thing As Taking It Too Far, Anyway This Is Getting Really Long But If You Want To Know More About My Opinions Please Feel Free To Like & Subscribe Thanks

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    12 has the best episodes in the series by my approximation.

Like I would go as far to say that the last season is handily the best on the show has done.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Gustav wrote: »

Like I would go as far to say that the last season is handily the best on the show has done.

I need to watch 12

I just got so sick of Moffat

Gustav wrote: »

I need to watch 12

I just got so sick of Moffat

Capaldi's first season is rough. And definitely has some utter dreck. But each following season is a marked improvement. And I'd say the best episode in the show's history is in his second season. He also becomes the rare Doctor to have his finales actually work? But yeah the last season is almost all great.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    guys, it's doctor WHOM

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Pitch: a season of Doctor Who where he is joined in tenuous alliance by Doctor What and a cohort similarly named after the other interrogatives that spend most of every episode bickering about grammar, once viewer interest plummets they introduce a Charlie Day-esque wildcard character, Doctor Whomst, who just delivers rapid adaptations of popular Weird Twitter meme formats in a transparent bid for gif virality, this is a completely original idea that I came up with just now, please do not point me to instances of people saying the same thing hundreds of times over the past couple years

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I may need to give Capaldi another shake in all fairness

I was very very burnt out on the show last I tried a few years back, but I since watched The One With the Mummy on a Train and rather liked that episode

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I like how, in forum tradition, a post dunking on a thing has turned into an actual earnest discussion among fans of said thing. Real "speak the name of the devil" shit

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    the penny-arcade forum, sometime it's ok

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I may need to give Capaldi another shake in all fairness

I was very very burnt out on the show last I tried a few years back, but I since watched The One With the Mummy on a Train and rather liked that episode

Oh yeah Mummy on The Orient Express was probably my favorite of that season. Though Listen was also *really good*

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Capaldi's first season had more good than bad, in my opinion. His second season was really good. His performance generally elevates even slightly crap material, but nothing could save Kill The Moon.

Tube wrote: »
    Capaldi's first season had more good than bad, in my opinion. His second season was really good. His performance generally elevates even slightly crap material, but nothing could save Kill The Moon.

Kill the Moon is fucking baffling. As is In the Forest of The Night.

But I really enjoyed Flatline, Mummy On the Orient Express, Listen, and the finale.

I also think Capaldi's run is maybe the only time they have made the Master work as a character for me.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Today marks five years.

Thanks, Ryan Davis.

We're approaching the point where Giant Bomb existed without Ryan Davis longer than it existed with him, and that kinda bums me out.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Today marks five years.

Thanks, Ryan Davis.

We're approaching the point where Giant Bomb existed without Ryan Davis longer than it existed with him, and that kinda bums me out.

He helped build a team that's lasted 5 years without him and 10 years total

That's really impressive

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    "The Summertime Dump Zone" is the new name for the entirety of summer cause fuck the heat.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Death sucks, legacy owns

liEt3nH.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    god I am so down for how Justin plays Duck Newton

Everything else with Amnesty is worth it for that

6F32U1X.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Brad just had a "Phoenix Down" moment about Billy Hatcher.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    We're also closing in on Jeff having been at Giant Bomb longer than he was at Gamespot (we're a year from that actually).

sig.gif
    Brad just had a "Phoenix Down" moment about Billy Hatcher.

To be fair

So did I just now

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    What the fuck no

How do you not get that his name is Hatcher and he is a Chicken boy with a giant egg

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Put Billy Hatcher in Smash.

Maddoc wrote: »
    What the fuck no

How do you not get that his name is Hatcher and he is a Chicken boy with a giant egg

This is the most I've ever considered Billy Hatcher

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ugh. I read some of the news threads in D&D and now I am depressed.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

Just do what I do and never read the news!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

I feel like that can lead to other issues.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

I know this is largely in jest, so please don't feel like I'm dunking on you

But dang, I wish I could unplug from the news.

But since me and my family and people I love are at direct risk from a lot of this shit, I don't really have that luxury

Poorochondriac on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I spend a lot of effort avoiding the news because I'm shit and become completely non-functional if I pay attention to how fucked things are. I'm barely a functioning human being when things are at just the regular level of being fucked and terrible.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

I know this is largely in jest, so place don't feel like I'm dunking on you

But dang, I wish I could unplug from the news.

But since me and my family and people I love are at direct risk from a lot of this shit, I don't really have that luxury

Real talk:
    I recognize it's a pretty extremely privilege to be able to ignore the news while continuing to live my life as normal, but staying plugged in and informed to the same degree as I was before last November generally puts me into a nihilistic funk that I'd rather avoid, so I make the (selfish) choice to avoid actively following the news

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    working to improve the world, even in small ways, is important

but you have to make sure that you put yourself in a position where you're capable of doing that rather than be overwhelmed by the ways in which the world needs improving

liEt3nH.png
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Yeah I've had to tap out on the news a bit lately, or at least tone back on the amount I read it, because it's felt almost like some sort of misery addiction

It's getting to the point where it is really weighing me down and making it harder to function in the day-to-day especially given how much of it is outside of my control

It's difficult, because I have always felt there is a moral duty to read it and be informed, but the sheer inability to change a lot of what's happening is hitting me pretty hard, when the best I can really do is contribute financially to good causes and hope things improve otherwise

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I try to follow the news as much as possible, but I've avoided endlessly discussing some things. Like I tapped out of the court talk immediately when Kennedy announced his retirement. That was just Too Depressing and there's nothing to be done about it.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    I went with my dad to the grocery store to get a mess of hotdogs to grill out tomorrow so I feel a little less down now.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Is there a Doctor Who episode where he meets Abbott and Costello and his confusing introduction ends up inspiring them to come up with their famous comedy bit?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Is there a Doctor Who episode where he meets Abbott and Costello and his confusing introduction ends up inspiring them to come up with their famous comedy bit?

You mean meeting other famous monsters?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

No but he did sneak his way into a Laurel and Hardy movie in The Impossible Astronaut

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

"So I pick up the ball and I want to throw it to first base."
    "The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe."
    "The guy on first."
    "The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe."
    "The guy playing first base!"
    "The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe!"

and so on and so forth.

euj90n71sojo.png
This discussion has been closed.