As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dogs and Cats living together in the [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    it's actually a super good demo of why you shouldn't carry dogs when they're around other dogs. They get their social signals all fucked up.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    it's actually a super good demo of why you shouldn't carry dogs when they're around other dogs. They get their social signals all fucked up.

also that shiba inus are giant shitheads

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Yeah dog, get the duck out of there!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

Someone added very fitting audio.

I thought for sure that would have been Haddaway's "What Is Love".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    pom haircuts are apparently the most relaxing things in the universe

• Options

• Options
    NWyT0g3.jpg

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    *gasp!*

WHAT A GOOD BOY!!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    That good boye needs all the love and treats

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    My favorite version of that is

Boss: "Hey you wanna leave early today"

Zoom

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The belly flop really makes it, too.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    So here's Cringer, our cat:
    3bqzwg7byj9z.jpg

Some sad news:
    We are putting him down tomorrow, due to multiple issues. Here's 17yrs old and still fairly healthy but since we got the dog 9 months ago he's been locked in our one-room basement, he's biting us, daughter and still growling and fighting with the dog, but honestly we're just not giving him a good life.
    I'm sure he'd go for many more years, but I don't want him to be miserable and waste away.
    For those who out down pets, anything we should be sure to do? Been spending more time with him lately and giving him more treats.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Some pets just don't take well to other animals.

You might be able to rehome him instead, or find a no kill shelter.

The biting might be attention or love biting though, some cats do this when they're not getting enough attention or are showing affection. If it's an actual attack bite, though, you'll know, because it's much more violent.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    If you started locking the cat in a one room basement when the dog showed up, the cat is probably also associating a dramatic decrease in their territory to the dog. Does the basement even have a window to look outside?

• Options
    edited July 2018
    You can put an ad up on craigslist for free in the pet section (provided you just want a good home for the pet and aren't trying to sell it for profit)

I took care of my grandma's bird after she died and was able to find a home for it when I realized I couldn't deal with it.

As far as getting a new animal they have to hash out territory and establish pecking order and it sounds like you didn't introduce them correctly and decided to just punish the cat for a situation it dosen't fully understand. There are guides online for introducing new animals to the home you can look up. Its unfair to the cat to just give up on him, especially if you've had him for a long time.

Animals are people not things. You cant just flip a switch and expect things to go the way you want.

Bedlam on
  • Options

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    IM VERY UNCOMFORATABLE RIGHT NOW!!!

So, fun story about this.
    Friday afternoon, end of work, phones are quiet and everybody's just kind of hanging around counting the minutes until they can leave or break out the poker stuff.
    Out of that kind of dangerous flavor of boredom I decided to change the display on the big screen monitor at the front of the office. Wanted to fill it with something disturbing, but not "HR Involvement" levels of disturbing.

I thought the slow motion rabbit eating would fit the bill perfectly.
    If you think you're uncomfortable watching t his rabbit on whatever size monitor you're using, imagine it blown up to display on a 70" screen.
    If the thing had sound it'd be better. Or worse. Or, somehow, both at the same time.

Turns out it was a hit.
    The rabbit has been up all weekend (which isn't saying much because we're not here on the weekend) but it's also been up all day today.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Lola now refuses to eat unless Im standing there watching. I dont know why or why she confused
    Lets go pee with go eat.
    Ive tried waiting her out but its very hot and she's throwing tantrums so Ive kind of just let it go right now.

Does anyone have experience with those food toppings? I figure if I put something on it she cant dig out it might curb this

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I wonder how hard it'd be to make Uncomfortable Eating Rabbit into a live phone wallpaper...

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Lola now refuses to eat unless Im standing there watching. I dont know why or why she confused
    Lets go pee with go eat.
    Ive tried waiting her out but its very hot and she's throwing tantrums so Ive kind of just let it go right now.

Does anyone have experience with those food toppings? I figure if I put something on it she cant dig out it might curb this

Our dog is like this. Sometimes she won't touch her food for 12 hours. Sometimes she scarfs it down all at once. The latter is significantly more likely to happen if I throw just about any kind of (dog-safe) leftovers in there, but we're trying not to make that a routine. But basically we take the approach of "the food is right there in your bowl, you'll eat when you're hungry."

Edit: in terms of "things they can't dig out," a bit of bacon grease goes a long way. Similarly any kind of broth/stock (assuming it's dry food).

Photosaurus on
    "If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Shes always been weird about dog food ever since I adopted her. Ive always adhered to yhe theyll eat when they school. This is just a weird habit she started a few weeks ago. Ill try the broth and see if that works.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Hang on, I went on that tour five years ago and I didn't see this cat! I want my money back!

• Options

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Baloo lost a bunch of weight recently. Good for him!

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    must... resist... batsignal...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    duck was very unhappy to go to the vets.

he ain't the blues the whole way there.

he was really well behaved though.

Also he weighs 15 goddamn pounds apparently?he is pretty much all muscle. Mr feline universe he is.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah my cats always hated going to the vet and let you know it, and then tried to scrunch themselves into any corner they could find in terror in the exam room.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    he sat there and was quiet the whole time once we got to the room. he even sat still for his booster shots. he's a good boy.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Talisker has been going to the vet every six weeks or so recently because of her fish allergy / IBS, and it's got to the point where I have to hunt her through the house on Vet Day

Last time I got the carry case out the day before so she'd get used to it in the living room and not hide on the day, but she still knew to run away from me and ignore the rustling of a treat bag

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    we have had the carrier in the living room for a while.

we put it on the couch and he started sniffing it around the entrance earlier, so we took the opportunity to shove him in there before he realized it. much easier than cammy RIP. she never went near the thing.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    he sat there and was quiet the whole time once we got to the room. he even sat still for his booster shots. he's a good boy.

That cat went to it's happy place

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hello darkness, my old friend...

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    we have had the carrier in the living room for a while.

we put it on the couch and he started sniffing it around the entrance earlier, so we took the opportunity to shove him in there before he realized it. much easier than cammy RIP. she never went near the thing.

I once got a cat into a carrier by convincing her that the laser dot was hiding inside it. I'm not proud, I just did what needed to be done.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    We finally found him:

tdLHNG1.jpg

THE UPDOG!

This discussion has been closed.