As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Personally I'm upset that they have so few tribal tags that they were debating whether or not a ghost bear should have a tribal tag at all

liEt3nH.png
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'm having a hell of a time making that zoo deck work.

I just can't seem to make zoo work anymore now that Darkshire Councilman is gone. I put little guys out, those guys die easily, I lose. Repeat.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Personally I'm upset that they have so few tribal tags that they were debating whether or not a ghost bear should have a tribal tag at all

Are there any typeless creatures in MTG? I can't think of any.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Yilias wrote: »

Are there any typeless creatures in MTG? I can't think of any.

There is exactly one, from the ancient set The Dark: Nameless Race

liEt3nH.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Dibby wrote: »
    i still think there's a conversation to be had re: undead/not undead stuff, things like bonemare (IS IT A BEAST?? I MEAN?????). but it's cool to see them hopefully keeping a level of consistency going forward with stuff that is/isn't.

If they feel they need to make Grizzly less ghost-like to count as a Beast then Bonemare is definitely not a beast because it's a skeleton.

look that's fair and all

but here's the thing

witchwood grizzly gets an art change cuz they wanna really drive home that it's a beasty and not a ghosty

THEN WHAT ABOUT THIS MOTHERFUCKERFLIPPER

62923.png

WHERE'S MY ART CHANGE FOR THIS SPOOPY PUP HUH

THIS GOOD BOY IS A GOOD GHOST

HE IS MOTHERFLIPPING TRANSPARENT

EXPLAIN THAT SHIT, HUH

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS

edit: astral tiger too helloooo

i'm just saying if we're having a conversation about consistency it feels weird as fuck to have random inconsistencies regarding the rule of consistency that was just created

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Arfus has type: Good Boy

Also this. Just go whole hog and give everything a type.

also hey if art changes are a thing now can we finally correct Stampeding Kodo into an actual Kodo and not a Clefthoof :T

or change the damn name to Stampeding Clefthoof that'd honestly be better at this point

i mean look

400px-Stampeding_Kodo_full.jpg?version=3f90df87f38b53590608a9388375bbfe
    400px-Dispatch_Kodo_full.jpg?version=92049545346d37cb6f01432bb5bca7a4
    524px-Getaway_Kodo_full.jpg?version=39bd81322ecd89c73aab5ec0502b5a9f

one of these things is not like the others~

DNiDlnb.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    It would hardly be an Ongoing Quest if they fixed everything at once :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    It could be that the clefthoof was raised by kodos and therefore identifies as one.

Which might explain why it is so angry in these modern times.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    i still think there's a conversation to be had re: undead/not undead stuff, things like bonemare (IS IT A BEAST?? I MEAN?????). but it's cool to see them hopefully keeping a level of consistency going forward with stuff that is/isn't.

If they feel they need to make Grizzly less ghost-like to count as a Beast then Bonemare is definitely not a beast because it's a skeleton.

look that's fair and all

but here's the thing

witchwood grizzly gets an art change cuz they wanna really drive home that it's a beasty and not a ghosty

62923.png

EXPLAIN THAT SHIT, HUH

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS

i'm just saying if we're having a conversation about consistency it feels weird as fuck to have random inconsistencies regarding the rule of consistency that was just created
    He's a good beast, Dobby

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    If Arfus gets changed from being a beast it'll hit Rexxar hard. Don't hit Rexxar hard, Blizz.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    If Arfus gets changed from being a beast it'll hit Rexxar hard. Don't hit Rexxar hard, Blizz.

That is explicitly the reasoning they put for not changing it!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Z6SlkQh.png
    Is that your screenshot? If so, why do you have two quests?

that is my screenshot, yes

logic would dictate that i have two quests because i let two dailies build up :p

which is to say i didn't play yesterday
    Does that mean it converted yesterday's goldust quest into a dud?

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

look that's fair and all

but here's the thing

62923.png

EXPLAIN THAT SHIT, HUH

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS

Well you see hunters are having fun discovering argus so...

Arfus is never a good boy for me anyway, always giving me whichever DK card won't help me at all in my current situation. It's rare I can afford the tempo hit from making him my Zombeast as it is.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Mountain Giants becoming Elementals is a buff to Kibler's Elemental (hand-ish) mage list.

Edit: Actually it's going to be stupid good. If you get the good book of specters turns and get an early Mountain Giant it can be a pain to get the Elemental train rolling again, this totally remedies that and makes your super strong early Mountain Giant plays even stronger.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    They should change Velen to a demon and then when they get lore corrected by fans they can say 'whoops, forgot the dranei origin again, sorry!'

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png

no, i'm not saying they should remove the beast tag from Arfus, i'm saying they should update his art in a similar way to Witchwood Grizzly

Z6SlkQh.png

logic would dictate that i have two quests because i let two dailies build up :p

i thought the event ended on July 2nd? meaning that the 1st was the last Taverns of Time daily?

either way i wouldn't know, i didn't play at all yesterday

DNiDlnb.png
    I just don't know how you even start having the conversation about whether the Grizzly should be a beast or not

I don't believe that there's someone out there who says to themselves "Gosh, I didn't realize that growling ghost bear would count as a Beast, this mistake has cost me the game!"

It sounds like one of those conversations people have inside corporations that are completely removed from the actual reality of any user experience, like every change YouTube makes that it thinks will be good for viewers

liEt3nH.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    They definitely gave a new dust quest yesterday

Phyphor wrote: »

mother fuck

DNiDlnb.png
    edited July 2018

no, i'm not saying they should remove the beast tag from Arfus, i'm saying they should update his art in a similar way to Witchwood Grizzly

Z6SlkQh.png

i thought the event ended on July 2nd? meaning that the 1st was the last Taverns of Time daily?

either way i wouldn't know, i didn't play at all yesterday
    Nope, got my last event quest yesterday, a 60g/d one. I rerolled it to another 60g/d one. I then completed it and the 80g/d one I had left. Today was the day the event ended.
    Phyphor wrote: »

mother fuck
    You didn't read my PSA! You own goaled yourself!

forty on
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Kibler's stream is pretty much 50% healing Zoo opponents.

As I type this, he queues into another.

I think that it's going to take over the meta. I wonder what the counter is.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Big Spell probably.

probably just killing their dudes

liEt3nH.png
    edited July 2018
    probably just killing their dudes

You'd think that.

I first encountered the deck while I was on my Recruit Warrior, and I ran out of removal. It survived a Brawl, a Warpath, two Bloodrazors, and Scourgelord Garrosh. In the end, I was throwing Devilsaurs at the other board to try to slow it down, and failing. Since I started playing it I went up against the likes of Big Spell Mage, Taunt Warrior, and Spell Hunter, all of which died horribly. Maybe the meta hasn't adjusted yet and people didn't mulligan appropriately, but they were absolute beatdowns. I think that I literally lost only one game between rank 9 and rank 5 on my EU profile, against an Even Warlock that Defiled my board on turn 3, dropped an activated Hooked Reaver on turn 4, and a Mountain Giant on turn 5. And I still almost won - there were a few turns where if I drew a Leeroy or a Void Ripper or a Spellbreaker I could have won.

It can literally put 11 power on the board on turn 1. The God draw gives it a turn 3 lethal. The life gain of the deck means that it can basically tap every turn without putting itself in danger. The super-low mana curve makes it extremely consistent. It's a simply ridiculous deck. I honestly haven't felt this dirty playing an Aggro deck since I was plugging along on pre-Un'Goro Pirate Warrior at rank 17.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    I don’t think not killing their dudes is a stronger strat tho

liEt3nH.png
    Mulligan would definitely be a large part of it. If I queued into a Warlock I'd toss all my board clears and early removal to look for my own Mountains or something to remove Mountains.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Soooo, should I craft Void Ripper or no?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

Yeah, I don't understand why we can't get more tribal tags. Why isn't Giant just a type, alongisde humanoid, treefolk, undead, etc?

Also only one type per card. Arfus and Haunted Creeper tokens and such should be Undead + Beast.

Roz wrote: »

Yeah, I don't understand why we can't get more tribal tags. Why isn't Giant just a type, alongisde humanoid, treefolk, undead, etc?

to reduce complexity, obviously

now if you'll excuse us we're going to continually print cards that change hero powers without explaining how

liEt3nH.png

For the Hunter lovers out there: this deck apparently carried Deathstarv3 from dumpster Legend to top 100 Legend at the end of June, in one marathon 30 hour stream.

2x (1) Arcane Shot
    2x (1) Candleshot
    2x (1) Hunter's Mark
    2x (1) Play Dead
    2x (1) Tracking
    2x (2) Grievous Bite
    2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
    2x (3) Kill Command
    2x (3) Stitched Tracker
    1x (4) Houndmaster Shaw
    2x (4) Shroom Brewer
    2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
    2x (5) Witchwood Grizzly
    1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
    2x (7) Abominable Bowman
    1x (8) Kathrena Winterwisp
    1x (9) King Krush

AAECAR8E+AiG0wK26gKA8wINjQGoAu0G9geXCIbDApzNAtPNAu3RAovhAuHjAtjlAvLxAgA=

Roz wrote: »

if i had to hazard a guess, they probably don't want to put in new tags until they're actually doing something with them. cause otherwise what's the point of a tribal if there's literally nothing that interacts with it?

i mean, i agree with you, there should be more tribals, but at the same time, adding something for the sake of it doesn't really make sense. if at some point they add a card that plays off of giants then sure, shit yeah, add in that giant tag.

but for now it kinda makes sense not to have them

DNiDlnb.png
    Well they can't add a new tribe now! They'd have to change the text on Nightmare Amalgam in 20 different languages, which will take hundreds of man hours.

edited July 2018
    Well they can't add a new tribe now! They'd have to change the text on Nightmare Amalgam in 20 different languages, which will take hundreds of man hours.

so there's two lines of thought that cross my mind for Amalgam

either change the card text to read something like "this card counts as all tribals" or whatever. whatever HS equivalent of tribal since that's not actually part of the official HS lexicon

or just remove the "All" tag and have it literally only be those listed on the card text nothing more nothing less

cause either way that's gonna cause problems going forward, in terms of consistency. is it really "All" if it doesn't include future tribals? if it does, then what about the actual card text? if it doesn't, then why is it "All"?

changing the card text and keeping "All" sounds like the better plan, but i also wouldn't be surprised if they just removed the "All" tag (or, uh, did nothing. they'll probably just do nothing).

either way Amalgam's card text is like one of the most inelegant card texts in the game. like holy shit there's a million better ways to do that instead of what they chose to do. keep it simple, stupid!

edit: shit dude yknow what i'd do, i'd literally remove the card text entirely and just keep the "All" tag. EASY. that's like the most straightforward shit in the world. can't be confused by that shit, BRODE. look at a card like that you see it's a vanilla 3 mana 3/4. okay sure. you see it has a tag that says "All". what's that mean, you ask? i don't understand, i am the confuse. i tell you, friend, listen. lissen. what do you think it means. you say, uh, all.... so.... everything???? i say yes, friend. you say even totems?? i lean in close and say my friend if a card has a tribal tag this card counts as it. you say, oh so it really is all. i say yes now you understand.

fuckin' hire me blizz, goddamn.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    But if they add a new Tribe, then the card art won't match! They are truly stymied. Time to shut the Hearthstone servers down.

But if they add a new Tribe, then the card art won't match! They are truly stymied. Time to shut the Hearthstone servers down.

card art won't match?

well why doncha tell that to STAMPEDING KODO/MAL'GANIS/MALYGOS AND MOREEEE

NONE OF THOSE ARTS ARE ACTUALLY THE THINGS THEY'RE S'POSED TO BE

KING ME, ATHEISTS.

DNiDlnb.png
    Like Mal'ganis or Malygos are as important to Warcraft lore as the Nightmare Amalgam.