As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2018 Anticipatory Thread of Anticipation

RiDERiDE the WORST!Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
I need someone to talk to about all these amazing new games coming out and my husband can only discuss Leon's new Boy Band Eyebrows (™) in the REmake so many times before he starts burying his head in his phone claiming he "has work to do". I'm so excited for the REmake that I'm literally toying with the idea of getting a hotel room solely to ensure I'll be early enough in line to play the demo (that's insane, right? someone tell me that's insane).

I'll probably loiter around the Nintendo booth as well, trying to catch a glimpse of the new Smash Brothers (to be honest it looks very similar to previous games so I'll probably skip the line to play since Nintendo is always crowded and I don't even own a Switch (sorry))

DYING LIGHT 2! That was clear out of left field for me, I loved the first one (aside from the final boss, which sucked) so I'm really excited for this one as well.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is also intriguing, though that series goes so long between games that I've forgotten most of the plot from 1 and 2.

What are you guys most excited for?

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."

• Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Pantheon for sure, I hope it'll be there.

Maybe Metroid info?

Just Shapes and Beats - my friend helped make this game so I'm looking forward to seeing their booth at PAX.

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Hard for me to say since nothing has been confirmed yet. I'm hoping to see Overcooked 2 though!

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    The games I'm looking forward to playing are Smash Bros. and Tetris Effect.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Smash and KH3 for sure! The real question is will I be willing to wait in a 2-3 hour line for a 20 minute demo when they come out in 4-5 months?

But I’m mainly excited for the indie games.

• Options
    anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    I would love to play a demo of Spyro and Resident Evil 2 remakes. I played those so many years ago, I would love to see them remade. I wouldn't mind getting a glimpse or even a test run of the new Smash Bros, but like noted, the Nintendo booth is so packed. Also, my favorite part is by far the Indie games. I typically enjoy those much more than the big ticket games. I can't wait to see a map and a schedule! 65 more days!!

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    KH3, Cyberpunk 2077, The Last of Us 2 and Let's Go Pikachiu are on the top of my list atm.

Rhea_starstorm on
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    sedirox wrote: »
    Smash and KH3 for sure! The real question is will I be willing to wait in a 2-3 hour line for a 20 minute demo when they come out in 4-5 months?

But I’m mainly excited for the indie games.

This is always the struggle for me.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    BANG BANG BANG

PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER

*runs around yelling WOOOHOOO while the DMC5 trailer song plays on loop*

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Smash bros and I would like to try out anthem, to see if it something I would want to pick up.

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    I'm hoping to be able to see new hardware from NV to power any new VR games that might jump out of the bushes at me.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    I'd love to play Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age and get a special pin!

• Options
    Sergeant_SlashSergeant_Slash Registered User regular
    Call me crazy, but I really hope Destiny 2: Forsaken is making an appearance

signature.png
  • Options
    I am also hoping Anthem might have something to show off.

• Options
    H4W7DuhmanH4W7Duhman Registered User regular
    Call me crazy, but I really hope Destiny 2: Forsaken is making an appearance

I wouldn't be surprised if they did what they did at E3 + letting us play the first story mission of Forsaken

• Options
    outlander317@icloud.comoutlander317@icloud.com Registered User regular
    Just saying, Daily Grill on Pike St. is going to offer their Manhattan Clam Chowder during PAX WEST 2018 for us. I think it is great and wanted to post here to get the word out.

• Options
    In Indiana, we don't get that enough...:)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    the daily grill is right in the middle of pax venues, I am sure plenty of people will go there.

• Options
    I emailed them and asked them to offer it during the event and they email back and said YES--WOW.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, as you have been posting over and over again. I am glad you are happy, but I am not sure it bears repeating so many times.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yes, as you have been posting over and over again. I am glad you are happy, but I am not sure it bears repeating so many times.

Apparently some people just really like clam chowder....

• Options
    I am also hoping for Yakuza Kiwami 2 to be there. Sega has usually had a booth but avoided showing anything about my favorite pack of Japanese gangsters at PAX in the past.

• Options
    I am also hoping for Yakuza Kiwami 2 to be there. Sega has usually had a booth but avoided showing anything about my favorite pack of Japanese gangsters at PAX in the past.

Can we count Phantom Theives as gangsters?

• Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    I had to do a little research before I managed my expectations and was happy to see We Happy Few and Strange Brigade will be released pre-Pax, that said I should write this down before I forget.

I'm hoping in terms of AAA games that they will have cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal(it's supposed to be at quake-con which happens a month prior), Wolfenstein young blood, Battlefield V, and The last night. What i'm looking forward to the most is finding something completely out of left field, and then praying like hell it isn't cancelled, like what happened with Amazing Eternals.

Also an obligatory mention for an announcement of a new Duke Nukem game, you can't sit on that IP forever Gearbox! I need something to fill the hole that battleborn left in my heart....

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

Hush-I'm a grandma and new to this. I was sharing:)

• Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    48 more days to go!

• Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    Some say if you listen real close, in the still dead of night, you can begin to hear the rustlings of the bobcat...

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Panels accepted! See you in less than 2 months!

• Options
    LATE NIGHT DUB FIGHT IS BACK!

HYPE!

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    let's all discuss the real heavy hitter here: SPY PARTY.

I see that tiny little booth every year, tucked away in the corner and almost completely obscured by Nintendo, Capcom, Sony, Microsoft and Behemoth and their Enormous Arcade Machines. I always mean to go over there but I always forget (or I'm too tired to schlep myself back upstairs to the expo hall). How did they even manage that? Did they just put a down payment on that space for the next 50 years? Do they have some juicy blackmail on the Penny Arcade/ReedPOP people?

...did they sacrifice a goat and undo the space time continuum in that exact spot, leaving it forever in 2005 (or whenever they showed up)?

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Sometimes I forget how long Spy Party has been in development, and my god, it's so damn good...every year, it's in it's corner, doing amazing things.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I forget how long Spy Party has been in development, and my god, it's so damn good...every year, it's in it's corner, doing amazing things.

I feel like when it finally isn't there in its corner (if that happens, because I'm starting to think maybe Spy Party will outlive me at PAX) I'm going to have a complete meltdown, like when I was (rudely) informed that unicorns aren't real and neither is Half-Life 3

• Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    RiDE wrote: »

I feel like when it finally isn't there in its corner (if that happens, because I'm starting to think maybe Spy Party will outlive me at PAX) I'm going to have a complete meltdown, like when I was (rudely) informed that unicorns aren't real and neither is Half-Life 3

I'm starting to feel this way about gangbeasts. We'll just need to put in place a statue with the words, "Spy Party, more than a game, but a symbol of the human spirit", so future Paxers will know the legend.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    Sergeant_SlashSergeant_Slash Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Am I the only person who's super excited that Destiny 2: Forsaken was finally confirmed for PAX? Because I'm super excited about that

Sergeant_Slash on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Am I the only person who's super excited that Destiny 2: Forsaken was finally confirmed for PAX? Because I'm super excited about that

Where was it confirmed? I actually just asked deej (Community Manager) not that long ago if it was gonna show up at PAX.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    H4W7Duhman wrote: »

Where was it confirmed? I actually just asked deej (Community Manager) not that long ago if it was gonna show up at PAX.

This confirms at least that they will have Gambit at PAX West.
    Save the Dates
    There are plenty more than just downloads that have to happen before Forsaken launches. With Gambit as our special cargo, we’re heading to gamescom, where we will make some important announcements. We’re going to PAX West, where we’ll mix it up with the community (and, yes, play some Gambit) one more time before launch. As always, there will be fun things happening in the game to keep you challenged and entertained as you count down the days until September 4.

Check out our August calendar of events in the game and in real life.

• Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    H4W7Duhman wrote: »

This confirms at least that they will have Gambit at PAX West.
    Save the Dates
    There are plenty more than just downloads that have to happen before Forsaken launches. With Gambit as our special cargo, we’re heading to gamescom, where we will make some important announcements. We’re going to PAX West, where we’ll mix it up with the community (and, yes, play some Gambit) one more time before launch. As always, there will be fun things happening in the game to keep you challenged and entertained as you count down the days until September 4.

Check out our August calendar of events in the game and in real life.

Mix it up with the community? Interesting...

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    It's August 1st! *PREPARING INTENSIFIES*

• Options
    Just FYI, the PAX West app has been updated and has a tentative schedule for this year.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if I can change my pax do handle

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    Just FYI, the PAX West app has been updated and has a tentative schedule for this year.

I'm gonna hold off the traditional schedule geek out thread till it's official but...omg Cteam might have a panel.