As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Kibler's stream is pretty much 50% healing Zoo opponents.

As I type this, he queues into another.

I think that it's going to take over the meta. I wonder what the counter is.
    But what's his win rate against them?

probably just killing their dudes

You'd think that.

I first encountered the deck while I was on my Recruit Warrior, and I ran out of removal. It survived a Brawl, a Warpath, two Bloodrazors, and Scourgelord Garrosh. In the end, I was throwing Devilsaurs at the other board to try to slow it down, and failing. Since I started playing it I went up against the likes of Big Spell Mage, Taunt Warrior, and Spell Hunter, all of which died horribly. Maybe the meta hasn't adjusted yet and people didn't mulligan appropriately, but they were absolute beatdowns. I think that I literally lost only one game between rank 9 and rank 5 on my EU profile, against an Even Warlock that Defiled my board on turn 3, dropped an activated Hooked Reaver on turn 4, and a Mountain Giant on turn 5. And I still almost won - there were a few turns where if I drew a Leeroy or a Void Ripper or a Spellbreaker I could have won.

It can literally put 11 power on the board on turn 1. The God draw gives it a turn 3 lethal. The life gain of the deck means that it can basically tap every turn without putting itself in danger. The super-low mana curve makes it extremely consistent.
    I gave it a shot. Second game was a turn 1 loss to an Even Warlock. I guess my extremely bad luck can overcome an extremely consistent deck, since my turn 5 hand had both Fungalmancers (and Dreadlord) in it and me with an empty board.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »

You'd think that.

I first encountered the deck while I was on my Recruit Warrior, and I ran out of removal. It survived a Brawl, a Warpath, two Bloodrazors, and Scourgelord Garrosh. In the end, I was throwing Devilsaurs at the other board to try to slow it down, and failing. Since I started playing it I went up against the likes of Big Spell Mage, Taunt Warrior, and Spell Hunter, all of which died horribly. Maybe the meta hasn't adjusted yet and people didn't mulligan appropriately, but they were absolute beatdowns. I think that I literally lost only one game between rank 9 and rank 5 on my EU profile, against an Even Warlock that Defiled my board on turn 3, dropped an activated Hooked Reaver on turn 4, and a Mountain Giant on turn 5. And I still almost won - there were a few turns where if I drew a Leeroy or a Void Ripper or a Spellbreaker I could have won.

It can literally put 11 power on the board on turn 1. The God draw gives it a turn 3 lethal. The life gain of the deck means that it can basically tap every turn without putting itself in danger. The super-low mana curve makes it extremely consistent.
    I gave it a shot. Second game was a turn 1 loss to an Even Warlock. I guess my extremely bad luck can overcome an extremely consistent deck, since my turn 5 hand had both Fungalmancers (and Dreadlord) in it and me with an empty board.

I thought I caught firebat saying on stream yesterday that the new zoolock deck dies to even warlock every time.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    Personally I'm upset that they have so few tribal tags that they were debating whether or not a ghost bear should have a tribal tag at all

Yeah, I don't understand why we can't get more tribal tags. Why isn't Giant just a type, alongisde humanoid, treefolk, undead, etc?

if i had to hazard a guess, they probably don't want to put in new tags until they're actually doing something with them. cause otherwise what's the point of a tribal if there's literally nothing that interacts with it?

i mean, i agree with you, there should be more tribals, but at the same time, adding something for the sake of it doesn't really make sense. if at some point they add a card that plays off of giants then sure, shit yeah, add in that giant tag.

but for now it kinda makes sense not to have them

i mean if you're going to ask what's the point of a card if nothing interacts with it you might as well ask what the point of 90% of things that get printed are

it's fun to build a deck that's 30 goblin cards and yes you can do that now just going off the art but there's something about manifesting that makes it more Real and as such more Fun to people

certainly not as much of a waste as freeze shaman

liEt3nH.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Kibler's stream is pretty much 50% healing Zoo opponents.

As I type this, he queues into another.

I think that it's going to take over the meta. I wonder what the counter is.
    But what's his win rate against them?

He mostly lost. I don’t recall that he won any.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Bare minimum they need to release the Gnome type, because I just got shit on in the solo adventure after one of the guys played a card that only summons Gnomes and the board was nothing but 4/4s on turn 4

Roz on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Personally I'm upset that they have so few tribal tags that they were debating whether or not a ghost bear should have a tribal tag at all

Yeah, I don't understand why we can't get more tribal tags. Why isn't Giant just a type, alongisde humanoid, treefolk, undead, etc?

if i had to hazard a guess, they probably don't want to put in new tags until they're actually doing something with them. cause otherwise what's the point of a tribal if there's literally nothing that interacts with it?

i mean, i agree with you, there should be more tribals, but at the same time, adding something for the sake of it doesn't really make sense. if at some point they add a card that plays off of giants then sure, shit yeah, add in that giant tag.

i mean if you're going to ask what's the point of a card if nothing interacts with it you might as well ask what the point of 90% of things that get printed are

it's fun to build a deck that's 30 goblin cards and yes you can do that now just going off the art but there's something about manifesting that makes it more Real and as such more Fun to people

I remember people making 'dragon' decks before dragon synergy existed. Themes are cool even if they're not competitive.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »

You'd think that.

I thought I caught firebat saying on stream yesterday that the new zoolock deck dies to even warlock every time.

This is not true. Lost as even warlock to the new zoolock because I failed to draw my hellfires or defiled.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

i don't disagree with you that they should add them, i'm just trying to look at it from a realistic point of view and probably also what blizzard is actually thinking

from the standpoint of flavor, it makes sense to add them. it helps give cards an identity, it's fun and flavorful and doesn't detract from anything else, and paves the way for future sets to utilize them.

but from a gameplay standpoint, it doesn't add anything and i can understand why they wouldn't want to tag shit until they actually plan on doing A Thing with them.

non-un'goro elementals were retroactively tagged because of the introduction of the mechanic. dragons were there from the start but that's also before they really started to utilize tribal synergies (outside of like, beasts/murlocs/pirates i guess? even back then pirates were more weapon-synergy then actual other-pirate synergy). so in that sense the dragon tag was retrofitted to become a synergy when blackrock was released. i think they realized they wanted tribals to be a thing with GVG and mechs though, because otherwise the vanilla set was just... them being flavorful, i suppose. which there's nothing wrong with and there's no harm in doing so. but GVG set a precedent going forward, i think, and now there's the expectation that new tribal = new synergies.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582

You'd think that.

This is not true. Lost as even warlock to the new zoolock because I failed to draw my hellfires or defiled.
    Well maybe you should have drawn them instead! My opponent warlocks have no trouble drawing their clears when I'm playing a dudey deck.

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Well the event gave me 3350 in dust, so I guess that makes up for getting me to waste the dust I had on Even Pally earlier. My only problem is if i should join the dark side and use 1600 of it for Warlock to make a try at Legend or not. I'd feel kinda dirty doing it since Warlock has been such bull for so long.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Brawl is blood magic. I'm getting tired of this one so I made an odd priest deck just to make burn mages cry.

• SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    First turn of first brawl match:
    xgxSwVy.jpg

Brawl-in-one.

Brawl is blood magic. I'm getting tired of this one so I made an odd priest deck just to make burn mages cry.
    How'd that go? Did you get run over by druid? I need some priest wins so I'm curious what works.

DhRyuz9U8AA5sk5.jpg

My Brawl pack contained this asshole

How very fitting....

DNiDlnb.png
    edited July 2018
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhRyuz9U8AA5sk5.jpg

My Brawl pack contained this asshole

How very fitting....
    In perfect Baader-Meinhof fashion, I literally just alt tabbed out of the game after reading the Vivid Nightmare flavor text for the first time:
    "I… I dreamed I accidentally crafted a golden Millhouse! It was so REAL!"
    Spoopy.

forty on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    fyi if you're running into a lot of healzoo, evenlock stands a fairly good chance against them

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Big spell mage with Jaina and tons of board clears (double meteor, double flamestrike, double dragon's breath) seems good against it too.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Well that was a brawl. Guy put himself to 3 life getting me down to 10 so I just Swiped him and moved on.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    you still lose if they draw the nuts because it's like 13 power on board on turn 1

Beasteh wrote: »
    you still lose if they draw the nuts
    Sounds like every tier 1 deck.

this feels like the most unfair aggro deck i've seen since huntertaker

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don't really understand why healzoo is doing so well; like you can have an explosive turn early on, but if the opponent can clear the board once it seems like you're kinda screwed

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    I don't really understand why healzoo is doing so well; like you can have an explosive turn early on, but if the opponent can clear the board once it seems like you're kinda screwed
    Lifetap is a really strong ability. It’s as simple as that. Odd Paladin is able to keep putting on pressure by putting a pair of 1/1 dudes down every turn, Healing Zoo does it by drawing an extra card every turn. Which also increases the odds of Keleseth showing up every turn.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

I tried it earlier and was able to keep momentum going through 4 board clears until turn 12-13 or so.

It's strong.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Lol this brawl.

I made a priest with velen, malygos, all the dmg spells, lyra + divine spirit package and the rest minion based healing.

Stall, heal and lyra until turn 7/9, drop velen/malygos and kill your opponent with the 20 to 40 dmg you can drop from hand.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    My favourite deck for this brawl is turn 1 OTK Paladin. But I've got a Shaman quest.

edit- oh, I thought this would be hard, but my Priest opponent conceded after I played a Witch's Apprentice on turn 1.

Gvzbgul on
    i just played druid, got double ui and won on turn 1

What are Mana Wyrms if not dragons, beasts, or elementals?

wyrms

DNiDlnb.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

wyrms
    wyrms are a type of dragon.

Snacks for Blood Elfs.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Any reason some murlocs wear clothes and talk while others are feral?

Evolution or a wizard did it?

wyrms
    And yet... no dragon tribal...

Who says Mana Wyrms aren't Beasts?

liEt3nH.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mana Wyrms are beasts in WoW these days. They didn't used to be.

Who says Mana Wyrms aren't Beasts?
    The bottom border of their cards, apparently.

Oh you mean the things that think giants are elementals? Doesn't seem reliable to me

liEt3nH.png
    Doesn't seem reliable to me
    That's Team 5 for ya!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    if you want to have some fun in this brawl, i've been running cavern shinyfinder into shadowblade.

you can cast unlimited draw spells like sprint for free, recycle the shadowblade with doomerang,
    recycle cavern shinyfinder with shadowstep, hit like a truck with poison, huge edwin, etc.

edit: it's a slow deck, though. doesn't go off until t3-4.
    man, nevermind, druid is just too busted. you can beat paladins and priests with sap tho.

Lucedes on