As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Got a tablet from work, so I reinstalled this to see how things are. I stopped playing just after KFT, so I'm more or less 3 expansions behind. Have to say I am, the solo content is easily my favourite thing so far. Went 7/8 then 6/8 in my first attempts at the dungeon run, and 4/8 in my first Witchwood with the Cannoneer. I think if this sort of thing had been in earlier I wouldn't have stopped playing at all!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    What do the druids do thats so busted?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Don't think this has been posted yet, but Blizzard have made an announcement of an announcement on July 12th.

540a98da-d40b-4a34-a63b-e83f46fd3ee5.jpg

Hype Train is getting ready to leave the station.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    bwanie wrote: »

-draw every card with nourish and UI
    -claw/gnash/bite/swipe/starfire/branching paths/ etc.

they can OTK, but usually kill on turn 2-3 because they time out on t1 or draw suboptimally.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Blizzard have made an announcement of an announcement on July 12th.
    December 7th.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

druids have a lot of armor gain and draw spells, which lets them blow a lot of cards in one turn if they get a couple nourish/UAs to play

I played five or six brawls as druid just for giggles, and I think I OTKed the opponent two or three times on my first turn. The only time I lost was when another druid went first and did it to me

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Blizzard have made an announcement of an announcement on July 12th.
    December 7th.

While they are a US company and the US uses Wrong Date Format, that date format is not commonly used with .s

Phyphor on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Year/Month/Day is the civilized way to date things, so that files can be more easily sorted.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    So the brawl is whoever gets the busted combo turn one.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    1. This brawl - it's bad. Druid OTK or bust.
    2. Lifesteal Zoo - I'm 1-10 with it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can't keep anyone alive long enough to actually attack or be buffed or anything. Games regularly go way too long and I lose.
    3. That Hunter Legendary Recruit deck posted a page back? I'm 1-10 with that too. Again, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

At this rate I'll drop completely to rank 20 before I get my 5 wins for the month.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    It has to be July. Why in the hell would they announce an announcement five months early?

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    It has to be July. Why in the hell would they announce an announcement five months early?

Well, guessing it's related to the event we just had with Toki, and the funny date also seems to provide some foreshadowing there. Unless it's just a giant red herring.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Don't think this has been posted yet, but Blizzard have made an announcement of an announcement on July 12th.

540a98da-d40b-4a34-a63b-e83f46fd3ee5.jpg

Hype Train is getting ready to leave the station.

Is that an apple?

Expansion name spitballing:
    - Fruit of the Boom
    - Deathtraps and Dentists
    - Apples of Azeroth
    - Adam & Cleave
    - Orgrimmar's Organic Outdoor Orc-Bazaar
    - Market Mayhem
    - Arms to Table
    - Food Fight

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Thrall's marrying Aggra and it's a wedding themed expansion, calling it now.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    2. Lifesteal Zoo - I'm 1-10 with it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can't keep anyone alive long enough to actually attack or be buffed or anything. Games regularly go way too long and I lose.
    3. That Hunter Legendary Recruit deck posted a page back? I'm 1-10 with that too. Again, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

At this rate I'll drop completely to rank 20 before I get my 5 wins for the month.

Thawmus, what's your profile? I can spectate a few games and offer advice and solutions. I'm shadowhope#1966 and shadowhope#11224 on NA/EU/Asia.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »

Thawmus, what's your profile? I can spectate a few games and offer advice and solutions. I'm shadowhope#1966 and shadowhope#11224 on NA/EU/Asia.

Thawmus#1580

I only play on NA

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It’s an orc holding an apple.

Cro Threadstrong’s war against the apple vendor is finally here.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »

oh GOD do I want you to be right

FRUIT VENDOR

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

oh GOD do I want you to be right

FRUIT VENDOR

"FRUIT VENDOR! Your expansion is still on the way! We will give you one more hour to release it and give us free packs. Do not test our patience anymore!"

• Options

New VS Report is up.
    However, Gul’dan may have found another way to dominate, one that bypasses Valeera’s watch. Over the last month, we’ve often mentioned that Zoo Warlock was actually a fairly strong deck that was underplayed, neglected and ignored by the player base. Now, these statements appear to be validated, as the archetype has finally seen significant developments over the past week. While Standard Zoo builds have already displayed a good win rate, Zoo’s win rate spiked very hard in early July as a result of the emergence of a new Healing Zoo variant. Yes, Healing Zoo. At the moment, it’s projected to be the best Warlock deck and one of the best decks in the game. A deck that plays Voodoo Doctor could land in Tier 1, circumstances willing. This is not a drill.

Also, HS Replay has moved Zoo into Tier 1, basically on par with Even Shaman.

• Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    The last time they did this brawl druid was completely busted. You don't even need to go first because you can get your opponent down low enough they can't do anything.

Go first and win 99% of the time.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    That's not an apple! It doesn't have a core.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Mango, next expansion will be a tropical beach splash with volleyball and drinks with little umbrellas.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    Mango, next expansion will be a tropical beach splash with volleyball and drinks with little umbrellas.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was a mango. Oh god... Are they going to do a "beach" theme where they'll have Gul'dan in a bikini????

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    when i ascend to divinity my first act will be banning announcement announcements

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Hearthstone: Girl, You Gotta Let That Mango

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Hearthstone: Girl, You Gotta Let That Mango

boo this man

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They're going to announce the expansion and then it'll be another two weeks before we get anything.

In other words, an announcement of an announcement. Please knock this crap off.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Was on a bit of a winstreak with spell hunter, wondering when I'd take a break

Queued into a druid and wandering monster pulls howlfiend... ya, I'll take that break

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    They're going to announce the expansion and then it'll be another two weeks before we get anything.

In other words, an announcement of an announcement. Please knock this crap off.

If it's like other expansions they'll show off a few cards.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    honestly the part that i hate is the fuckin' 2 weeks of radio silence following the announcement

that shit is brutal

at least drop 1 card a fucking day, like come on

you've got a ~130 card set or some shit, it's not gonna kill you to reveal like 14 of them one day at a time

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    UI is THE most broken card in Blood Magic brawl. 0 mana, Summon a 5/5, Draw 5 cards, Reduce each player's health by 5.

Edit: Alternatively, kill a minion (usually the other druid's 5/5) and reduce only your own health by 5.

forty on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

I am disappoint, son; shoulda gone for the spear (and the loss). :D

• Options
    Heal zoo is all kinds of dumb,

Rank 7 to Rank 5. 9 wins 3 losses, 75% winrate. Despite @bwanie coming in and stealing my mojo.

Final boss was even Warlock. At the end I finally drew my Leeroy, but at this point DK hero power had healed them up to 1 health out of range. Almost conceded (would’ve been dead next turn) until I realised I still had a soulfire in my deck.

5 cards left in deck. I hit life tap and... I drew it for lethal.

Feels good. Rank 5 day 5 while still on vacation. Probably about time I made a run at legend.

• Options

Rank 7 to Rank 5. 9 wins 3 losses, 75% winrate. Despite @bwanie coming in and stealing my mojo.

Final boss was even Warlock. At the end I finally drew my Leeroy, but at this point DK hero power had healed them up to 1 health out of range. Almost conceded (would’ve been dead next turn) until I realised I still had a soulfire in my deck.

Feels good. Rank 5 day 5 while still on vacation. Probably about time I made a run at legend.
    How did you deal with the turn 3 mountain giant, turn 4 board clear, turn 5 mountain giant + sunfury protector?

• Options
    forty wrote: »

How did you deal with the turn 3 mountain giant, turn 4 board clear, turn 5 mountain giant + sunfury protector?

Just went through the history in track-o-bot. And while I got lucky with them not drawing hellfires til later in the game, and playing around defile well enough that they had to use them both on a single turn to get anything done, between them healing face and dropping hooked reavers/sunfurying giants I did around 79 damage to taunts and their face.

They probably would've beaten me if I'd been straight up zoo, but the amount of healing this deck has for your own face allowed me to prolong until I had just enough to get across the line (though if I'd drawn leeroy on any of the preceeding 3 turns I would've had the win)

• Options

Just went through the history in track-o-bot. And while I got lucky with them not drawing hellfires til later in the game, and playing around defile well enough that they had to use them both on a single turn to get anything done, between them healing face and dropping hooked reavers/sunfurying giants I did around 79 damage to taunts and their face.

They probably would've beaten me if I'd been straight up zoo, but the amount of healing this deck has for your own face allowed me to prolong until I had just enough to get across the line (though if I'd drawn leeroy on any of the preceeding 3 turns I would've had the win)
    Out of curiosity, what turn was your Keleseth?

• Options
    edited July 2018

Out of curiosity, what turn was your Keleseth?

I had it in hand on turn 6, but played it on turn 7 due to playing around defile.

I'd drawn 8 of the 27 other minions (not including kele) in the deck at that point having gone second and tapped once on turn 2 (opponent had played Doomsayer).

I won on turn 14.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Valeera's still my girl. Went 9-0 with odd rogue from rank 9 to 5. The healing zoo deck can have some explosive turns, but if they don't they are just playing suboptimal cards.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778