As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I...have a goal now.

There will be no more pain, just speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0hzqXUc54

Look, I've done a lot of speed and there's still pain.

JtgVX0H.png
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Started playing Titania last night, just threw auto mods on her and went into that Ceres dark sector. At some point someone asked what the butterflies did, "I dunno, they look pretty I guess."

I'd looked at the powers, but immediately forgot what they did, since my Hek was doing all the work. One power made stuff glow and float away though, that was fun!

• CreganTurCreganTur Registered User regular
    Got Frost to lvl 29 over the past couple of days. Gotta get him maxed so I can continue the Limbo quests; need his defense.

Learning to use Dread too me a while- hadn't used any bow weapons before. Was a bit of an adjustment, but now I understand why so many people use bows.

My biggest challenge at the moment is the survivability of my Helminth Charger. I don't have any of the Link mods, so I need to go farm Kubrow for a couple days... which is going to suck.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I...have a goal now.

I regularly run volt with max power strength, that video has been sped up a bit, it's nowhere near that impressive when you're actually doing it.
    EDIT: my max is 408%, still not as fast as that video looks

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I...have a goal now.

I regularly run volt with max power strength, that video has been sped up a bit, it's nowhere near that impressive when you're actually doing it.

How did you achieve 408?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I...have a goal now.

How did you achieve 408?

growing power (25), blind rage(99), transient fortitude(55), intensify(30), augur secrets(24), power drift(15), energy conversion(50), arcane storm helmet(10).

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    While the runs shown were impressive, there were a number of times he got caught on the terrain. Given the diminishing returns found on some of those mods, while interesting in a 'pushing it to the limit' way, it makes me think that for actual usage, it'd likely be more effective to go slightly slower in a more controllable fashion, with fewer penalties or more mod space/drain to fend the existing ones off.

Or I might be entirely wrong. I haven't used Volt that much, but it was neat to see done to an extreme like that.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    https://www.warframe.com/news/get-ash-prime-for-free

Pretty neat if you don't have it, and free warframe slot if you do!

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Forar wrote: »
    While the runs shown were impressive, there were a number of times he got caught on the terrain. Given the diminishing returns found on some of those mods, while interesting in a 'pushing it to the limit' way, it makes me think that for actual usage, it'd likely be more effective to go slightly slower in a more controllable fashion, with fewer penalties or more mod space/drain to fend the existing ones off.

Or I might be entirely wrong. I haven't used Volt that much, but it was neat to see done to an extreme like that.

Yeah, my (lack of) ability to not get stuck on doorframes is the main limiting factor in my ability to gotta go fast

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png

It's mostly for attack speed and reload animations. The run speed is fun, but honestly, even with power strength higher than what that video used, it's not Super Extreme. That said, it's not really a matter of how agile you are as it is a matter of how well you know the tiles you're running through. Muscle memory is waaaaay better than being a good twitch shooter or having agile hands.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

I definitely lack the skills to handle going fast. I learned how to backflip (which removes a Volt's super-speed boost) precisely for that reason. Sure, there are times where I appreciate it, but those tight twisty infested ships on Eris? No. Even regular ships can be tough. I find myself smacking into the wall over the door, then sticking on the lip, and having to navigate off to then walk through the door.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Ah, dangit, right in the day I leave for the land of only-phone-internet.

Well, on the plus side, Ash is a ninja frame that is a terrible ninja, so it's not like I will miss him a lot, but still.

Steam ID: Right here.
    I spent over a year with only phone internet. Tethering it to my computer for internet was the only way I could play warframe, it sucked but was serviceable for most things.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Ah, dangit, right in the day I leave for the land of only-phone-internet.

Well, on the plus side, Ash is a ninja frame that is a terrible ninja, so it's not like I will miss him a lot, but still.

It's a twitch drop.

If it works with the mobile app and you can find a place with wifi, then just set the quility of the stream to lowest and leave your phone on with the sound off.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Damn it, I just assembled mine and put it in the oven

Moridin889 wrote: »

Damn it, I just assembled mine and put it in the oven

Finish it befor the event then ;) Free slot. And prob comes with a potato too

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Decided to finally break out and put some grind work into Saryn after seeing just how good she is in ESO and yeah...that's fucking nuts. Guess I've got my go to focus farming frame and loadout now!

wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Decided to finally break out and put some grind work into Saryn after seeing just how good she is in ESO and yeah...that's fucking nuts. Guess I've got my go to focus farming frame and loadout now!

ESO is where she really shines. Stuff below that, enemies just die too quickly, and it's hard to keep the spores up. Though I guess sub 50 you can just use miasma as a room clearer by itself

steam_sig.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    The Kraken is a P.O.S.

That is all.

Oh, also also - IGN is ErikRaider if I can get a clan invite mebe?

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    Spoit wrote: »

ESO is where she really shines. Stuff below that, enemies just die too quickly, and it's hard to keep the spores up. Though I guess sub 50 you can just use miasma as a room clearer by itself

I built her specifically for ESO focus farming so I'm totally ok with her being a niche frame in my roster. It's kinda like how I put work into Zephyr explicitly for use on the Plains since she shines so beautifully there. My actual main is my Devil Trigger Mesa for all other content since she lets me live out my BANG BANG BANG PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER needs until DMC 5 comes out :biggrin:

wWuzwvJ.png
    edited July 2018
    I'm waiting for Mesa prime before I go too heavy on the forma. I think she's the next one up?
    EDIT: probably the second to next, they need another male one first, which is probably chroma. Another one I was waiting before doing a 5+ forma investment

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

I built her specifically for ESO focus farming so I'm totally ok with her being a niche frame in my roster. It's kinda like how I put work into Zephyr explicitly for use on the Plains since she shines so beautifully there. My actual main is my Devil Trigger Mesa for all other content since she lets me live out my BANG BANG BANG PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER needs until DMC 5 comes out :biggrin:

I've found when I pug drop ESO, everyone and their sister wants to be the DPS. Saryns for daaays in the pug queue.

As such, I've been having a lot of success with Trinity instead, tossing energy and Blessings at the workhorses while I soak up the focus. I was doing Equinox for a bit (map-wide Maim stuns on fresh spawns make Saryn's job easier, and 2.5 million point Maims are funny) but hewed too close to the DPS role.

Trinity is good, y'all. Be the energy giver you want to see in the world.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    How to play with Saryn:
    dlk8jqxf9m54.png

Then go make coffee.

I wonder does limbo ruin for her spores?

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    limbo ruins everything, and spores are within the group of everything

BahamutZERO.gif
    I'm doing the quest for Limbo right now and I don't understand what to do when that frame shows up in a group. I just get disoriented. Is there a guide on understanding "Limbo, WTF?"

edited July 2018
    Nips wrote: »

I've found when I pug drop ESO, everyone and their sister wants to be the DPS. Saryns for daaays in the pug queue.

I'm rather enjoying solo ESO runs a little more than PUG runs just because people seem to be realizing that max range Volt is also an ESO nuker but for some reason when other people do it it causes my PC to go HURRRRRRRRRRRRRK, but only when other people do it. I think it's causing some old school Diablo 2 Necromancer skeleton swarm style lag that chokes the host which in turn chokes the client. When I ran that build for a couple rounds my PC ran fine so I'm 95% sure trying to render all of the lightning is causing some weirdness on the back end of things.

Also, solo ESO is just more of a challenge and has enough insanity going on that gives me room to try some style for style's sake silliness which I'm always down for. It gives me some DMC Bloody Palace vibes that I'm very ok with :biggrin:
    CreganTur wrote: »
    I'm doing the quest for Limbo right now and I don't understand what to do when that frame shows up in a group. I just get disoriented. Is there a guide on understanding "Limbo, WTF?"

Lots of them!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jJF7s9HEuEQ

(iFlynn is an awesome channel for guides and the OP has a collection of Youtubers linked that do all sorts of guides and tutorials)

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just started running into max range Volts in ESO.

Quite the lightshow, that.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Well I created my character and did the first mission, but before I play anymore, I need to come up with some better keybindings for the atrocious default settings.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    That video helped a lot. It also made me realize I've played with nothing but bad Limbos so far. Explains a lot.

Some researching led me to reading about the Zaw with a link to the Zaw calculator. At what point should I begin thinking about building a Zaw?

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I played through The Sacrifice last night. That was cool, but kinda disappointing how brief it was and absent a lot of the more unique environments/gameplay present in War Within.

Itty Bitty Story Spoiler:
    Though I never played the game, from what I gather this more explicitly connected how Warframe's universe is an extension of the story presented in Dark Sector.

Also: did Natah's "frame" look infested? Are the sentients also based on the infested techno-organism?

edited July 2018
    Nips wrote: »
    Yeah, I just started running into max range Volts in ESO.

Quite the lightshow, that.

I put it in as a bug report on their forums so hopefully they can figure out what it is in the visual effect of the ability that is causing the issues.
    Some researching led me to reading about the Zaw with a link to the Zaw calculator. At what point should I begin thinking about building a Zaw?
    Whenever you want, really. I still haven't bothered doing it and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not having one. You can get some bonkers DPS with a Zaw but you're not going to be hamstringing yourself if you don't. It's just a cool, optional goal to work towards.

A lot of stuff in Warframe is just there as something awesome you can go play around with but won't impact you if you aren't interested unless you're trying to push into the tippy top tiers of tuning yourself to do ridiculous ESO runs or trying to set Survival records, which in of themselves are just personal things to work towards but not something you actually need to worry about.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, last piece of Limbo Prime dropped, so it's cooking!

Also, my Suda points are rising quickly, any of the Suda weapons worth it or should I just start getting augments?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I hadn't really played in a while, but wanted to do the new stuff since it dropped on consoles. Realized I hadn't done the Harrow stuff, because I never did the Void missions leading up to Mot.

Went to do them, and thought I was really rusty since I died a lot. Did some Googling, and apparently they're just kind of tough-ish?

So I equipped Mesa and solved the problem. Turns out, standing still and holding down a button isn't something you really get rusty at.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    metaghost wrote: »
    I played through The Sacrifice last night. That was cool, but kinda disappointing how brief it was and absent a lot of the more unique environments/gameplay present in War Within.

Though I never played the game, from what I gather this more explicitly connected how Warframe's universe is an extension of the story presented in Dark Sector.

Also: did Natah's "frame" look infested? Are the sentients also based on the infested techno-organism?
    Nah, it's very sentient-looking. The sentient have very organic, unique designs. I mean look at the existing sentient units, they're all very organic looking. The only real difference is that the Lotus' sentient form is beefier and purple instead of the usual more slender and red and white coloration

JtgVX0H.png
    edited July 2018
    metaghost wrote: »

This channel is basically an encyclopedia of Warframe lore that should help fill some gaps:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4LFA_sufSDk

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    reading the patch notes from the most recent update, it says that enemy spawns stop in capture after 2 minutes of completing the capture objective... but extermination missions still have infinite spawning?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular

Also, my Suda points are rising quickly, any of the Suda weapons worth it or should I just start getting augments?

the synoid gammacor is really good on an ivara built for max stealth as it procs an energy pulse (gives your frame energy).
    i use it to never not be invis in most every mission that i can solo.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    SteveRage wrote: »

the synoid gammacor is really good on an ivara built for max stealth as it procs an energy pulse (gives your frame energy).
    i use it to never not be invis in most every mission that i can solo.

I just built about 7000 large energy restores and use her invis arrow to pop a few whenever I get low on energy

JtgVX0H.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Fuck, I was kinda done with the grind, but look how big the numbers on these new mods can get. I'm tempted.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Also for my fellow console plebs around here is when PC folk started talking about sacrifice spoilers if you wanna catch up on the discussion