As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Maybe we should do this slowly...does anyone have a card to play to stop me from picking Diplomacy?
    @MrBody @Ketar @discrider @Preda

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Nope.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    That would put Naalu at 8 VP thanks to 2 Support deals between rounds. So if anybody takes Tech and allows them to research Cruiser II they just play Imperial immediately after and win instantly.

But I'd need to research a red to do that. Or have a red tech skip.

Yeah, just noticed I misread the tech chart. Would you be allowed to research Fighter II even though you have Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, or does the latter totally replace the stock tech? I can't recall for sure.

Yes, you can, but it would downgrade the Fighter, as that upgrade would cover the previous upgrade

discrider wrote: »
    That would put Naalu at 8 VP thanks to 2 Support deals between rounds. So if anybody takes Tech and allows them to research Cruiser II they just play Imperial immediately after and win instantly.

Yeah, just noticed I misread the tech chart. Would you be allowed to research Fighter II even though you have Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, or does the latter totally replace the stock tech? I can't recall for sure.

Yes, you can, but it would downgrade the Fighter, as that upgrade would cover the previous upgrade

Would it count as 3 unit upgrades for the PO purposes though?

Would it count as 3 unit upgrades for the PO purposes though?

Actually, what do the unit upgrade tech cards say on them?

Looked at the actual components; factions with racial upgrades have racial base unit names.
    So although @Mojo_Jojo is sitting there with the physical Fighters II card in his tech deck, he has no unit of the same name to upgrade to normal Fighters II, as unit upgrades need to be played on units of the same name.

Nekro breaks this rule and can play unit upgrades on units of the same type though.

Also no reaction to the Diplomacy pick

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    no reaction

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No Reaction.

@Mojo_Jojo is up then.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    @Hedgethorn I take it the deal is off the table then?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    To keep it interesting, my offer is still on the table, @Mojo_Jojo : my Support if you take Imperial. No TGs, though.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Nah, that's a crap deal

Technology

@ketar to pick

Huh. This is really not how I expected this to play out at all.

Imperial

@MrBody

Mud on your face, a big disgrace

Public Disgrace
    When another player chooses a strategy card during the strategy phase: That player must choose a different strategy card instead, if able.

sabotages

My goodness. It's exactly what I said would happen :P

No sabotage.

No sabotage

@Preda, @discrider, @Mojo_Jojo for possible sabotages against Creuss.

Nope

Nope

It's unlikely that Preda would sabotage this, but he hasn't responded yet.

I'm assuming he does not have a Sabotage at all. Especially as he played a rider last phase.

Ok then.

Leadership

@MrBody

Imperial

@Preda

<~<

So, the only way Imperial works as a play for MrBody is if A) He can complete an action phase SO or B) He takes MR and gets the extra point there. (Unless there's some bizarre way to get a VP through action cards that I can't remember right now, or if every single other player loses control of their home system before the end of the round).

He does actually have a legit play for MR, especially if he boosts his fleet pool when Leadership gets played or if Mentak pulls back to turtle defensively. If he has another Flank Speed he can get his flagship to MR, and then can fly in the 2 carriers from his home system using the Delta wormhole and flagship movement rules. There are 10 infantry there he can bring with, so he isn't dependent on heavy bombardment. Plus the action card that has a 50% chance at killing each ground force on a planet is still out there, right?

As far as Action Phase secret objectives: destroy a flagship or war sun, destroy the last of the ground forces on a planet with bombardment, or destroy the last of a player's ships in a system with space cannon. Mellon and Thibah make pretty easy targets for the bombardment SO. N'orr and I have the only flagships out there, and I have the only war sun. I'm confident in my abilities to secure mine with the cards that I have right now. The space cannon one should be fairly easy to avoid triggering.

Or it could just be to stop me winning

And are you claiming the 'Win a fight with your flagship' SO then @Ketar ?

There's a win a fight with your flagship SO? The spoiler list I looked at may be incomplete, as there's nothing like that on there.

Or it could just be to stop me winning

Even if that is the case, the only way any of us aside from MrBody can get our shot at winning in the Status Phase is by preventing him from scoring 3 points before then. 2 of them are already locked in.

edited July 2018
    I mean, taking Imperial gives me a shot at winning this status phase whereas it would be impossible otherwise.

All I can really do in the meantime is ensure my homeworld doesn't get captured.

MrBody on

There's a win a fight with your flagship SO? The spoiler list I looked at may be incomplete, as there's nothing like that on there.

Yeah it's: Win a Space Battle with your flagship; but don't kill your flagship during it.

Well ok then. Indeed there is. Turns out the spoiler list I was looking at was missing 4 SOs. I thought 16 was a strange number, and that there should be 18 at a minimum. I had no idea there was an SO for having 2 faction technologies.

But all my choices are bad ones

Geth roll 1d2 for clearly it's the RNGs fault

clearly it's the RNGs fault:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

Trade? @Preda

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Politics.This Time!

No sabotages to any of the previous cards.

@MrBlarney to control everything is alright and start the circus.