As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Electric Samisen

MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
edited December 2007 in Artist's Corner
I started making this piece a while back, but it took me so long to actually sit down to draw it, that I decided to start over again instead of picking up a cold project. I'd like some feed back on the over-all look as I progress through it.

Some things I'll fix as I move on, like the Samisen she's playing, it's basically there for positioning purposes. Also, the hand on the neck of the Samisen, I'm not all too pleased with it. My goal is to vectorize this via pen-tool in Illustrator as a way to explore new technique. Let’s see if I can do it in a week!

electricsamisengg4.jpg

MagicToaster on

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Any update?

NibCrom on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    lookin pretty good. can't wait to see it finished

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Vector tracing is a cruel and slow mistress!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Vector tracing is a cruel and slow mistress!!!

eh, it's not that bad. You learn a lot while in th process of doing it.

Th less points, the better

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man, fuck vector.

MT are you trying to draw with the vector because in Photoshop every time you draw a line the line is really wobbly because that is what happens to me.

Your idea is really awesome by the way. The eyes seem are too small for the head, I think.
    Also, samisen "picks" are bigger and the head does not look like a guitar head:
    T025128C.jpg

just so you know when you're fixing.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I've actually fixed the Samisen and pick. I started drawing it at work, I can't make any music related searches there so I had no reference to draw from. I'm drawing it in Vector because I need to experiment somewhat outside of the bitmap drawings I usually do. Also, having a crisp 20ft samisen rocker is really cool! :P

MagicToaster on