As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't say I'm certain, but just that the stats seem to support that he will be an above average roleplayer at best - someone like Wilson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, maybe Aaron Gordon etc. Not like you'd be disappointed in that kind of return from your lottery picks - but I'm reasonably confident he can't become what some Lakers fans think he can become.

Dhalphir on
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    This might be an embarrassingly bad question, but welp...

Does your team need to win to impact the win shares stat?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    This might be an embarrassingly bad question, but welp...

Does your team need to win to impact the win shares stat?

it estimates how many wins that player is responsible for vs the exact same team with a league average player at the position instead.

So, yes, the stat has built-in adjustment for bad teams vs good teams. In theory, if anything, a player on a bad team will have more win shares than he would on a better team, since if your team isn't winning a lot it's easier for a decent player to have an impact.

Dhalphir on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok but does win shares have a way to factor in continued exposure to Tyler Ennis?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    So, how long until Carmelo joins the Warriors as 12th man?

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I don’t think I can remember an athlete who’s made more money but achieved as little as Carmelo has.

burbo wrote: »
    So, how long until Carmelo joins the Warriors as 12th man?

Jesus

Alternatively, there are lots of banana boats in South Bay

Also Grayson Allen wasted no time answering the question of if he’d continue being a detestable shitweasel in the NBA

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thank God Carmelo is leaving.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also Grayson Allen wasted no time answering the question of if he’d continue being a detestable shitweasel in the NBA

Once a shitweasel, always a shitweasel.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Butters wrote: »
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    I love the absolute chaos of the Lakers deals. Lance, JaVale, and Rondo is peak crazy and it's great.

Also the Lakers need to learn the lesson of NY and not give up assets this year for Leonard, or at least nothing they're not trying to move out of the way for him to fit better. Unloading resources to get a guy who has told the entire world he's signing with you next year is absolute insanity to me.

Didn't Paul George say the same thing last year though? And he is not a Laker next season. So it might make sense to try and get the guy they want.

Yeah if there's a reasonable deal between the moon SA is asking for now and a sandwich they should make the move. It takes a while tweak a system for new players even ultra talented ones like Kawhi and a lot could happen in a year.

Look if you miss, you miss, but dumping all your young players with potential and every draft asset you have to get someone puts you in the spot where you're capped out with no way to improve.

So unless every big money player you have works out perfectly and stays 100% healthy, the dregs left on your team actually turn out to be several good role players and solid starters, and you find some guys straight off the scrap heap that turn out to be contributors, you're completely toast.

If you wait, you can miss yes, but you have options from there. You can look at other free agents, you can look into other trades, or you can try to get younger and get more draft picks. If you pull the trigger and it doesn't go perfectly you're just screwed for like 5 years.

Randy Butternubbs on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Kemba Walker on the way out?

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Tony Parker ain't starting for anyone outside of the French national team at 36 years old.

I mean he could be a buffer between the next point guard they draft or sign

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Tony Parker on the not-spurs is going to look weird as fuck.

With the spurs going all weird suddenly i keep expecting to wake up and hear that pop is going to be coaching in like, Orlando or something ridiculous.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    the Spurs without Ginobili will be tough

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Kings gotta Kings

tOkYVT2.jpg
    20 mil a year for Zach Lavine is interesting

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    It’s ok imo

Not like they’re gonna draw any UFA

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Bulls are matching

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

I mean, probably, but that's unrelated to the Tony Parker signing. We've needed a quality backup PG for the past two seasons, since Lin left. The real reason Kemba is probably leaving, either via trade if we use our brains, or free agency if we use our hearts, is because our old GM had no fucking clue how to manage contracts and plan to keep arguably the best player the franchise has seen. Maybe we can dump off Batum on someone but we'd be basically gutting the team to do so and that's also not gonna be appealing to him. He deserves to actually get some shit done in the playoffs on a good team than never make it and get blasted by the Heat when we do.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

Gotta say, it really wasn't much of anything. Allen fouled, Young hooked under his arm and kinda sorta shoved, Allen kinda sorta shoved back as they were untangling and then walked away. Double tech plus the shooting foul.

Goose! wrote: »
    Bulls are matching

Is everyone taking crazy pills???

Goose! wrote: »
    Bulls are matching

Is everyone taking crazy pills???

You don’t let assets leave for nothing

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Also it’s got some protections for his knee so all in all not horrific

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited July 2018
    20 mil is All-Star money though

Xehalus on
  • existexist Registered User regular
    would rather davis than nurkic be on the blazers

UmPiq.png
    20 mil is All-Star money though

Not really, anymore - cap goes up, these things happen. Chandler parsons is making 23 mil, Harrison Barnes, etc. It’s what Aaron Gordon got, in this market it’s ok for a 23 year old who can shoot the 3 and score 20 a game

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »

Our GM sux

• existexist Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    So It Goes wrote: »
    exist wrote: »

Our GM sux

neil olshley gives me some light into what Knicks fans go through

exist on
    UmPiq.png
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Nice

also Mo Bamba is awesome

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Tony Parker is leaving the Spurs? What is happening?

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Tony Parker is leaving the Spurs? What is happening?

He's 36 and Manu is 40. This was all going to end one day and frankly it's probably 2-3 years overdue.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.