As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

How do I know that I’m tired and should put Hearthstone down for the night?

I just had a tense, epic game against HealZoo. I was playing as Quest Priest. It was tense because though I had stabilized through a combination of Duskbreaker, Zola into Duskbreaker, a massive Thalnos-powered spirit lash, and savvy trading, I was low enough on life that over two turns Leeroy/Doomguard/Doomguard could potentially lethal me, and the Zoo deck of course was drawing two cards and playing two cards a turn. When the Warlock finally conceded, I noticed my Quest was sitting at 6/7. I could have gone up to 40 life at any time, via the cards I had in hand.

Basically, I completely forget that I had played the Priest Quest, and probably forgot what it did.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Purple is running Shudderwok but added Marin the Fox. So...your opponent's board could be filled entirely with treasure so they can't play any minions.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I hate Shudderwock so much. It’s worse than Freeze Mage IMHO. Of course that could just be current salt forgetting bad memories, but I doubt it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Mmmh 'wock you saa-ayyyy
    Mmmh that you only meant we-ehhll?
    Well of course you di-idd
    Mmmh 'wock you saa-ayyyy
    Mmmh that the cla-aws did caatch
    Of course they did

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I hate Shudderwock so much. It’s worse than Freeze Mage IMHO. Of course that could just be current salt forgetting bad memories, but I doubt it.

And on that note, just made a Shaman burn his Shudderwock due to Naturalize.

Long pause...concede.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Now that I have my 500 Hunter wins, Priest is next up. I’m finding that Quest Priest is really good in the current meta - all of those Heal Zoo and Odd Paladin decks just get their spirits slowly crushed by relentless board clears.

1x (1) Awaken the Makers
    2x (1) Crystalline Oracle
    2x (1) Northshire Cleric
    2x (1) Power Word: Shield
    1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
    2x (2) Loot Hoarder
    2x (2) Shadow Visions
    2x (2) Spirit Lash
    1x (3) Shallow Gravedigger
    2x (3) Twilight's Call
    1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
    2x (4) Duskbreaker
    2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
    2x (6) Bone Drake
    2x (7) Psychic Scream
    2x (8) Primordial Drake
    1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
    1x (9) Alexstrasza

AAECAa0GBsUE7QWWxAKhzgKQ0wLD6gIM+wHlBPIM0cEC1cECyccCx8sC8M8C6NACqeICy+YCxfMCAA==

I’m considering replacing Alexstrasza with Ysera or Nightscale Matriarch. I’m considering replacing Shallow Gravedigger with something, possibly a Shadow Essence, possibly Holy Nova, or possibly just crafting Archbishop and plugging him in. Maybe even a Shadow Word: Death, so that I have at least one tool against Even Warlock.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

It's a much more interesting deck in Wild. A lot of people are running highlander lists for the Reno battlecry and/or a build a board with Jade battlecries + Loatheb into Devolve to bypass taunts for followup.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    once again it needs to be stated, without the possibility of interaction, combo decks are incredibly unhealthy for this game

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    My issue with shudderwock is that it's a combo deck that requires no real effort to set up. You don't need to assemble a 6-7 card combo in hand, it's literally just "have played these minions at some point"

change grumble to only affect elementals

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Change saronite chain gang to "summon an exact copy of saronite chain gang"

Phyphor wrote: »

that is not the problem with shudderwock

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I was playing what was obviously a Shudderwock. He Lightning Stormed and Volcano'd to clear my board, which included me having put down Sindragosa and she gave me Ixlid and Tyrion.

He'd used one hex already, so plonk Ixlid in the hope he isn't removed. He isn't so next turn I get 2 Tyrions. The Shaman then hex's one of the Tyrions, so next turn I get 2 Lich Kings. He then removes Ixlid (I've no idea why he didn't do that sooner), but I plonk down Alexstrasza and smash him in the face for lethal.

I didn't accept the friend request.

PSN Fleety2009
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yeah shudderwock as a powerplay, summoning a bunch of 6/6s on board, that's fine, cause that gives your opponent a chance to react and clear it (see: dragoncaller alanna)

the problem with shudderwock is infinite shudderwocks that cost 1 mana

which means infinite board clears, infinite face damage, infinite healing, infinite 6/6s

grumble is fucking stupid and breaks that card beyond belief

if a control/combo deck has a combo, that combo should be powerful, but at the same time it should not simultaneously be able to out-value every other deck in existence.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Dibby wrote: »

yeah shudderwock as a powerplay, summoning a bunch of 6/6s on board, that's fine, cause that gives your opponent a chance to react and clear it (see: dragoncaller alanna)

which means infinite board clears, infinite face damage, infinite healing, infinite 6/6s

if a control/combo deck has a combo, that combo should be powerful, but at the same time it should not simultaneously be able to out-value every other deck in existence.

the biggest issue is that it isn't even a traditional combo deck

you're just playing a control/value game and then oops I also play the cards that let me combo

healing rain and volcano are very stupid cards

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I think that hunter egg deck should use Swamp Dragon Egg.

I tried to make a priest egg deck but it turned into a Dragon Priest deck because Swamp Dragon Egg and Bone Dragon were more fun to play than Devilsaur egg.

My favorite game with it was getting Sindragosa and Emeriss and winning with a 16/16 Lich King. I regret that I did not take the time to play the 6/30 Jaraxxus tho.

Bedlam on

you're just playing a control/value game and then oops I also play the cards that let me combo

i mean yeah it's literally everything

it's the healing, the board clears, the stalls/taunt walls, the draw, the fucking insane value

it's everything

but if i did have to pick one area to remove it'd be grumble

(granted if you nerf grumble people just start running zola and/or brewmasters, eugh)

DNiDlnb.png

i mean yeah it's literally everything

it's the healing, the board clears, the stalls/taunt walls, the draw, the fucking insane value

it's everything

but if i did have to pick one area to remove it'd be grumble

(granted if you nerf grumble people just start running zola and/or brewmasters, eugh)

people already run zola, and she's fine

she still requires your opponent to spend 9 mana every turn to maybe affect the board state and give your opponent a bunch of useless 1/2's in hand and some 6/3s on board
    yeah it's still a "strong play" but it's not a fuck you you lose situation

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I think that hunter egg deck should use Swamp Dragon Egg.

I tried to make a priest egg deck but it turned into a Dragon Priest deck because Swamp Dragon Egg and Bone Dragon were more fun to play than Devilsaur egg.

My favorite game with it was getting Sindragosa and Emeriss and winning with a 16/16 Lich King. I regret that I did not take the time to play the 6/30 Jaraxxus tho.
    FWIW, I think you still just end up with 15 health and a 3 attack weapon, no matter how buffed your Jaraxxus is.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Do you get a 4 attack weapon if one of the buffs is valanyr tho

Shudderwock being an infinite 1-cost machine is the problem. If he hit the board and played all the battlecries, it would be fine. Having to deal with that shit over and over is broken. There needs to be a way to stop it from adding itself to your hand without getting overly complicated.

I fully expect this card to get printed:

ekwqk2a8qnik.png
    r1mz72beefct.png

I don't even care if it's good, bad, pack filler, or OP. I want it printed so I can put it in 100% of my decks.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The article giving insight to the dungeon deck for this exp has well some really on point comments as I just gave up on it because I could not get past the 3rd
    The decks it gives you I have no idea what they are supposed to be or play like? As they feel alien to me as I have no idea what I am to do with them?

OK, Heal Zoo is a thing. But how about Healadin?

2x (1) Lightwarden
    2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
    2x (1) Righteous Protector
    2x (2) Knife Juggler
    2x (2) Loot Hoarder
    2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
    2x (3) Benevolent Djinn
    2x (3) Fungal Enchanter
    2x (3) Happy Ghoul
    2x (4) Lifedrinker
    1x (4) The Glass Knight
    1x (4) Truesilver Champion
    2x (5) Call to Arms
    2x (6) Blackguard
    1x (6) Spikeridged Steed
    1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
    1x (8) Lay on Hands
    1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade

AAECAYsWBtIEzwa5wQKIxwKO0wLr9wIM+wGxCPcMuMcC48sCn84Cyc4C+NICh+gCsukC9uwC7/ECAA==

After two games, I have a 100% win rate. One game was against Odd Rogue, the other against Heal Zoo.

I am now prepared to declare this to be the new Meta Game Predator, based on that two game sample size.

(It is not likely to be a good deck. Fun, maybe. But probably not good.)

The problem with heal Paladin is your mechanic doesn't work if you're not injured. Zoo can be injured whenever they want though.

edited July 2018
    Yep.

Against the Zoo deck, they played a T1 Flame Imp. Then they played a T2 Kobald Librarian. And I played a Scalehide, killed the Librarian, dropped two ghouls and a Righteous Protector. That got a “Wow.”

Like I said, not a good deck.

Shadowhope on
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Clearly Paladin needs a secret that deals damage to your hero when your opponent is damaged

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
    Hmmm, I found a cool looking Dragon Even Paladin list on HSReplay: https://hsreplay.net/decks/XmXJ4y7MQSu2MhkVtIkP9g/

GlY8WJQ.png

I'll try it out myself tomorrow. It looks really neat though.

DNiDlnb.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Healing zoo update: 3-3. The 3 losses were even warlock, token druid, even warlock, all of them lost from the initial draw. Those decks have answers galore as far as wrecking your board, putting up taunts, and recovering health is concerned. Not one of these 6 games did I get a crazy turn one 12 stats on the board, or whatever dream scenario. So far I'm not really impressed with this deck. Just seems like another decently viable zoo variant that gets some wins and gets squashed in other matchups. I think the people saying this is the reincarnation of Jesus aggro decks are either playing decks that are simply bad against it or they hit it in the 10% scenario where it gets a ridiculous opener and they don't have any answers early enough.

Even some of my wins felt tenuous. One was against a Shudderwock shaman that apparently didn't draw any of his AoE, healing wave, or enough of the other stall needed before he could turn the game into an unwinnable one.

Edit: As Shadowhope noted, he beat healing zoo playing with a handicapped quest priest deck.

forty on
    I broke down and crafted Graymane and Hagatha. Figured Graymane will get better with each expansion, opening up possible new Even decks and Hagatha looks like a must-include in most Shaman decks.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    a beautiful new event, brought to you by the recent mechanics updates:

TKmQcwZ.png

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Now that I have my 500 Hunter wins, Priest is next up. I’m finding that Quest Priest is really good in the current meta - all of those Heal Zoo and Odd Paladin decks just get their spirits slowly crushed by relentless board clears.

1x (1) Awaken the Makers
    2x (1) Northshire Cleric
    1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
    2x (2) Loot Hoarder
    2x (2) Shadow Visions
    2x (2) Spirit Lash
    2x (3) Twilight's Call
    1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
    2x (4) Duskbreaker
    2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
    2x (6) Bone Drake
    2x (7) Psychic Scream
    2x (8) Primordial Drake
    1x (9) Alexstrasza

AAECAa0GBsUE7QWWxAKhzgKQ0wLD6gIM+wHlBPIM0cEC1cECyccCx8sC8M8C6NACqeICy+YCxfMCAA==

I’m considering replacing Alexstrasza with Ysera or Nightscale Matriarch. I’m considering replacing Shallow Gravedigger with something, possibly a Shadow Essence, possibly Holy Nova, or possibly just crafting Archbishop and plugging him in. Maybe even a Shadow Word: Death, so that I have at least one tool against Even Warlock.

I play a very similar version of this deck, except I don't have Zola and use Youthful Brewmaster to combo with Amara. It would be really nice to leave Amara on the board though, especially for these Zoo games.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Idx86 wrote: »

1x (1) Awaken the Makers
    2x (1) Northshire Cleric
    1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
    2x (2) Loot Hoarder
    2x (2) Shadow Visions
    2x (2) Spirit Lash
    2x (3) Twilight's Call
    1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
    2x (4) Duskbreaker
    2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
    2x (6) Bone Drake
    2x (7) Psychic Scream
    2x (8) Primordial Drake
    1x (9) Alexstrasza

I play a very similar version of this deck, except I don't have Zola and use Youthful Brewmaster to combo with Amara. It would be really nice to leave Amara on the board though, especially for these Zoo games.

Yeah, same. But I don't feel like spending the dust for a Legendary I'd only be playing in one deck, and a deck that's not even one I'd be playing a whoooole ton anyway.

So Brewmaster/Baleful for meee

DNiDlnb.png
    I’ve used Zola in a few decks - Quest Rogue, Shudderwock Shaman, etc. It’s Archbishop that I just can’t bring myself to craft.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://dotesports.com/the-op/hearthstone/news/blizzard-announcement-tease-30665
    The fruit gripped by the green hand opened up room for speculation. What could an orcish hand, a blue aura, and a mango-like fruit mean?

The image turned out to be the teaser of an invite for the launch of a new Hearthstone public gathering spot in São Paulo, Brazil.

The event is called "Card na Manga" in Portuguese. "Manga" means both "mango" and "sleeve". The expression "Card na manga" is equivalent to "have a card up sleeve", but Blizzard used a mango in the image for an extra wordplay in Portuguese.

The event and a new expansion are not related in any way, Blizzard told Dot Esports. "This is a community event we are supporting," the company said in an email.

liEt3nH.png
    How incredibly zzzzzzzzz

Ouch! That's some bad marketing communication right there. Given the timing until the next expansion and Blizzard's tenancy to announce the announcement, no wonder people thought this was the next expansion.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    what a load of horseshit

DNiDlnb.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    that's what you get for expecting anything from this game

liEt3nH.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I’ve used Zola in a few decks - Quest Rogue, Shudderwock Shaman, etc. It’s Archbishop that I just can’t bring myself to craft.

I have a golden Archbishop, and I almost disenchanted him a few times if it weren't for a voice in my head saying "but the meme decks, what about those?" Glad I kept it as it's actually good now.

I have a stupid golden Lillian Voss I haven't even seen meme decks with yet, but i can't bring myself to disenchant it.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    I also have a golden Lillian Voss.

I don't even use her in Thief Rogue.