As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallen London] et al.: Sunless Skies is out!

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Poet-Laureate achieved! Thanks, @Jacobkosh

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Mayabird wrote: Β»
    Poet-Laureate achieved! Thanks, @Jacobkosh

Omg, congratulations!!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    If anyone's looking to reduce their scandal, feel free to pass it my way. I need another tomb lion.

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    I haven't played it myself, but I have heard that this months Exceptional Story is super top notch and goes places way deeper than just catching rats.

Also there is apparently a permanent companion you can acquire, if that changes things.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    If anyone needs to drop nightmares, send 'em my way (dporowski). Need to buy a little real estate from a fellow with too many fingers...

• Options
    If anyone needs to drop nightmares, send 'em my way (dporowski). Need to buy a little real estate from a fellow with too many fingers...
    Yeah, mine don't seem like they'll be going down on their own. cB557 in-game.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Do you go to the nadir? That's enough for my nightmares for the week. Although really mirror matches are the least annoying place to go I think.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Do you go to the nadir? That's enough for my nightmares for the week. Although really mirror matches are the least annoying place to go I think.

Still not unlocked it. Been playing rather lazily at best for ages. Just need a cinder...

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die KrΓ€he Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I'd really recommend dropping the Fate to get it from the entrance options. Not only will you get the cinder, you'll also get a Incarnadine Robe, which allows you to get one of the usually christmas exclusive home comforts

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    My characters lives:

My alt comes into london each week, goes to the nadir, consults the starvling cat in the flit three times, gets a little bit sad, sends a clayman to the market three times, and then goes back to port carnelian so he doesn't accidentally become less sad.

My main is Fallen London: Tiger Ballet Simulator.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    So, what's the best way forward to betray people? It costs 7 actions, and you can only have one out at a time, for three days I've been sending them to random active people and withdrawing. Kind of boring. I guess I should make seven alts for my alt to betray? Their forums were not much help, a lot more betrayers than betrayees.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I got lucky with timing and was able to create seven Nomen and simply betray them over and over. Unfortunately, that isn't very helpful for you.

If you are flush with cash you can betray Midnight Matriarchs. If you are seeking, you don't really need the cash for anything else.

Other than that, forum watching may be your best bet.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    AT LAST

IXABOHJ.png?1

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die KrΓ€he Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    now you have to start working towards a heptagoat

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    now you have to start working towards a heptagoat

I mean if you want to just throw money away, I have some ravings about dark water to share with you.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Cultist simulator is live for those that need a new Eldritch experience.

Your cult will most likely fail. Don't worry about it.

• Options
    Still trying to get my cult of seven betrayals. Is it that hard to listen to someone rant about dark water?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I don't suppose anyone has a spare Mr. Eaten's Calling Card I could borrow?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    https://beta.fallenlondon.com/

Site redesign is live... I think I prefer the old site, although it looks like it might be better for mobile. Looks like the old site is getting a last hurrah for the weekend and then it will be replaced.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I've been taking a break. But the new site combined with the promise of kicking Feducci's ragged butt out of power will lure me back at least for a little bit.

Also as someone who primarily plays this game on mobile, any improvements in that arena are very welcome.

• Options
    Election is up. Captivating Princess vs. Slowcake vs. Jovial Contrarian.

I immensely dislike the new art for the Princess. Wow. Really different from the existing art. She looks like a teenager or younger.

Aside from that I probably will vote for her. Anyone know what election items come from where? I got a poisoned pen one time for free and its a pretty good item.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I can't bring myself to vote for the princess. Maybe before the last election I would've for lulz, but after the total lack of lulz feducci generated, not to mention that weird ass marriage story, I don't trust failbetter not to do something terrible with her. So this time I vote for the contrarian, mostly to be contrary. I assume failbetter has Plans for the princess, especially after the wedding, and I will do my damndest to ruin them.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Eh. I assume they think JV will win. Its a competition between being obnoxious
    a horrible monster, and a made up person who is a vehicle for devils as well as the most obnoxious system currently in the game. Can you imagine Slowcake's first day in office? You must now have 20 notability to X

Although I forgot Feducci married her. What was the general outcome of the wedding? Apparently she can join your crew in Sunless Skies.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I would be willing to vote for Slowcake if he has gone completely rogue. Since he is a completely made up person, a snuffer or con man could just claim to be them. The devils can't prove the fake isn't Slowcake since he was never real in the first place.

That said, I think I will go with the Contrarian. Princess is very very tempting, but the brief campaign dialogue from her is scary in a non fun way. Wanting to outlaw journalism as a platform is a no go for me.

• Options
    I wish I could write in the Wry Functionary as a candidate.

• Options
    Hm. The Contrarian is very entertaining, but I don't know what he like... actually wants to do. Or believes in at all. Well, just have to for an opportunity card to learn more about the candidates first, I suppose.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: Β»
    Hm. The Contrarian is very entertaining, but I don't know what he like... actually wants to do. Or believes in at all. Well, just have to for an opportunity card to learn more about the candidates first, I suppose.

He did a 180 on his old platform, as he is wont to do. Rules are great and we need more of them.

• Options
    This is also the yearly reminder to stay off the official Fallen London forums until the election is over. People lose their goddamn minds this time of year.

Dorks be freaking out that they changed the Princess' hair from brown to blonde. Or her eyes from red to blue. Madness.

• Options
    There's not much reason to be on the forums anytime of year. Not enough activity to get help with eyeless skulls, betrayals, calling cards etc. I was able to finally betray 7 suggest a contacts.

Eh I liked the old art better on almost every card they update, except for when they have 3-4 major characters sharing artwork (orthos, Veteran Privy Counselor, etc)

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Can someone tell me exactly what is the Eater-of-Chains deal? I was interviewing him and he said
    "So many chains, still," it growls. Its voices is the rasp of file on iron. "I will gulp them like sausage-links. You may watch me if you wish."

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Missed all the election stuff. Anything interesting come up from the investigation opportunity cards?

• Options
    @cB557 I also missed it; I was distracted this past week and thought we'd have longer.

When I did log in, I never got a single election card. It was weird.

Honestly, the whole thing felt kind of half-assed. Maybe that's just my bad luck or maybe it was. We do know there's been layoffs and they're probably all hands on deck trying to finish Sunless Skies. I *am* glad that the Contrarian won, though.

• Options
    I also missed it. I logged in the first week, couldn't decide on a role, went on vacation the next week and came back to it being over. I feel like they could have kept the event up for longer? Its not like Fallen London is tripping over events.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Nah, this election was implemented in a really stupid fashion. You didn't get to actually do your election job to rank it up, you just pulled random cards instead. And you didn't even get to do anything with said job until week 2 for some reason, and at that point there wasn't really any reason to except for a few lore bits. I have no idea what they were trying to do with the changes they made, but it was awful.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    8s5z1tbds97b.png

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    *takes deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I still haven't played Sunless Skies since I want all the content and features to be there when it leaves early access

I did support it on KS, but I have to admit I'm a little uneasy about it: it goes so far beyond the scope of Fallen London proper, and with such specific plot points that stand at the root of its conceit, that I can't help but wonder if the nature of its setting will grow to overtake the more "mundane" setting in the browser game

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I'm not worried for Fallen London - I think it will probably hold its course - but I definitely think that moving forward the studio is going to try to make moves to kind of distance themselves from Alexis Kennedy's legacy. It probably does not feel super fulfilling, as a creative person, to feel relegated to just doing a secondhand impression of someone else's work. I haven't delved into Skies yet for the same reason as you, but when it's done I fully expect there to be a lot of elements that (for better or worse) mark the writers charting a new course.

• Options
    Well we already saw that with the election. Captivating princess from monster to charming officer.

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.