As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I just finished up the sacrifice. That was really well done and cleared a lot of stuff up about the various mysteries in game. Plus the free slots are pretty cool on their part. Not sold on having separate sets of mods though, nor the unique polarity. I guess if it becomes a common thing it will make sense.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hm. I can adjust my Nova build for Umbral Intensify with just two forma. I might have to do that.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

So there was a data leak with Steam, but it's nothing harmful just interesting. The lifetime player counts for the games on Steam came out and the relevant part for this thread is that Warframe really is that damn popular. On July 1st Warframe had 16,332,217 total lifetime players and was #8 on Steam.

Holy shit Warframe!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    That's not live player counts, lmao
    That's total players all-time. In this case, 16 million+ people have downloaded Warframe on Steam and gotten at least 1 achievement.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Quick question, why is Umbra Intensify figuring into so many builds of late?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Quick question, why is Umbra Intensify figuring into so many builds of late?
    Because it can hit bigger numbers than regular Intensify.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Whoever does the thread title can you put something in there about the PS4 clan checking in? I am going to go ahead and build the last piece we need to hit level 9 so next weekend I will activate the altar or whatever it is called. Everyone should get that nice chunk of free endo.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Whoever does the thread title can you put something in there about the PS4 clan checking in? I am going to go ahead and build the last piece we need to hit level 9 so next weekend I will activate the altar or whatever it is called. Everyone should get that nice chunk of free endo.

That would be @TOGSolid

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Done! Hopefully that's roughly what you were looking for.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    https://www.warframe.com/news/get-ash-prime-for-free

Pretty neat if you don't have it, and free warframe slot if you do!

reminder this is happening today, not sure if the ash prime is awarded for watching 30 minutes of the stream at any time today or just during the main presentation at 6-7 PM eastern time/3-4 PM pacific

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

I'm still around from time to time, but don't see many playing when I'm on.

Will you give us a warning on the day you activate it?

As for Ash Prime, I kind of assume it's live watching, unless they've specifically said otherwise. I don't think archive views will count.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Tune in to TennoLive July 7 from 6 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. ET and discover the future of Warframe.

To celebrate the biggest reveals of the year, we’re running a Twitch Drop during TennoLive! Watch the stream at twitch.tv/warframe for 30 consecutive minutes with your Twitch and Warframe accounts linked and you’ll get a free Ash Prime!

TennoCon attendees will also receive a free Ash Prime within two weeks following the event.

Gotta watch 30 minutes of the presentation to get Ash Prime, which is gonna be a fun challenge for me cause I'll be having to board a plane at that exact time. Sucks too cause I was looking forward to the live stream but oohhhh wwwweeelllll.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Grislo wrote: »

I'm still around from time to time, but don't see many playing when I'm on.

Will you give us a warning on the day you activate it?

As for Ash Prime, I kind of assume it's live watching, unless they've specifically said otherwise. I don't think archive views will count.

I will activate it next Friday, assuming no one else does it by accident. That gives everyone time to see the message. I am pretty certain they explicitly said you had to watch live. I think it starts at 7pdt.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Tune in to TennoLive July 7 from 6 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. ET and discover the future of Warframe.

To celebrate the biggest reveals of the year, we’re running a Twitch Drop during TennoLive! Watch the stream at twitch.tv/warframe for 30 consecutive minutes with your Twitch and Warframe accounts linked and you’ll get a free Ash Prime!

TennoCon attendees will also receive a free Ash Prime within two weeks following the event.

Gotta watch 30 minutes of the presentation to get Ash Prime, which is gonna be a fun challenge for me cause I'll be having to board a plane at that exact time. Sucks too cause I was looking forward to the live stream but oohhhh wwwweeelllll.

I'm sure it'll be up on youtube later

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Can you just pull it up before you leave and leave it running? You can pull the channel up anytime after all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    If you want ash prime I believe you need to watch, live, for a half hour or more, between the hours of 3 and 4 pm, pdt

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    omg this guest twitch or whatever guy (frozenballs) is so not for me... but I don't want to forget the event... maybe I'll just mute it again.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Catalyst blueprint for the next hour on PC.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Orokin Catalyst BP alert is up for another hour!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Can you just pull it up before you leave and leave it running? You can pull the channel up anytime after all.

That's kinda my rough plan, however apparently I've triggered a Nightmare version of this challenge because my phone didn't charge last night and just now decided that it'd be a great time to start a forced update. I'm suuuuper hoping the plane I'm on has seat chargers but I kinda doubt it cause I'm heading to a backwater shithole that doesn't get the nicer newer planes usually.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Hi, I got booted from the clan on PC, mind reinviting Crippl3?
    I'm gonna be playing again, been away a while and I'm way behind on stuff lol

• Options
    it's very dumb the jump from the 100 slot clan tier to the next tier is 1000 slots

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    it's very dumb the jump from the 100 slot clan tier to the next tier is 1000 slots
    It's 10 (Ghost), 30 (Shadow), 100 (Storm), 300 (Mountain), 1000 (Moon). So there is a slot in-between 100 and 1000.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    WARFRAME ON SWITCH LET'S GO

• Options
    I'm surprised that the Switch has the "oomph" to play warframe.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Next Prime Vault is Nyx and Rhino, with Accessories Packs

Thank God, I've been wanting Nyx Prime

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

The footage they showed in the trailer definitely suggested a significant downgrade in texture-complexity and particle-absurdity in favor of maintaining that hella smooth framerate.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

It does Doom and Wolfenstein, so I'm not, really.

The question here is what they'll do with the accounts; I'd use it if my Xbox account synced, but otherwise...

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2018

Honestly if you don't jack everything up it's actually not that taxing a game. Course, it becomes so if you, like, set textures to full and shit, but at medium or so the game is not terribly demanding and could easily run on a Switch. You'd just lose the ability to put the graphics to max, and honestly, meh.

I mean, I'm still not gonna get it, cause why would I play a shooter with sticks, but it seems doable to me.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    It's 10 (Ghost), 30 (Shadow), 100 (Storm), 300 (Mountain), 1000 (Moon). So there is a slot in-between 100 and 1000.

oh really? maybe we should consider going up to 300 then, since we keep having to boot people who've only been inactive for like a month. What are the downsides of going up a tier? higher research costs?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I bet they're reducing polycounts a bit for the switch version but mostly they can probably get away with running it with low textures and effects.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

oh really? maybe we should consider going up to 300 then, since we keep having to boot people who've only been inactive for like a month. What are the downsides of going up a tier? higher research costs?

x10 research costs vs x30 research costs and material costs during clan events.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I love the Venus town already.

• Options
    yeah that song was actually great???

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Holy shit. "Kitguns", ie "Zaw system for secondaries"

• Options
    good stuff. New Vauban deluxe skin and bestframe in use for demo. :pop:

• Options
    MOA PETS!

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    With bowties. And hats.

• Options
    Can't wait for infested PoE equivalent after this one. :P

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Giant spooders!