As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Realm draws tonight! Login for a free 11 pull for player favs! (Daily Draw!)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I dove Terra when all I had was Fire Beam.

Buuut that was before Magicite even existed. Finding Love and Inferno Combo is a considerably better setup than that, though; you could probably only do better with her Glint or Ultra (plus her OSB, I suppose).

That being said, Yda can dive for dualcast Monk. On top of her Ultra's 3-turn instacast buff for herself, that's kind of great (note to self: look for the next opportunity for Yda ultra).

I'd say Terra would be worth a dive. You have her AOSB and an Enfire; she could do very well on Mage teams, and the damage push of an AOSB could speed up your Igsebind fights (I almost would swap out Bartz instead? Not sure how Yda's instacasts compare to whatever you have for Bartz). I am biased towards FFVI characters, tho. Vivi probably wants one of his Enfire soul breaks, unless you plan to use his burst to buff a mage team.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Selner wrote: Β»
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Selner wrote: Β»
    Mmmmmm.... That new thread smell...

I tried a bunch of Torments this morning and it didn't go well. I came close a couple of times. My DPS is kinda lacking. And my mitagation is not the best.

I can RW godwall, but then I can't do enough damage fast enough. If I RW an OSB it just scratches the boss.

I think I need to read some more guides or something.

You've got TGCid USB, and Ramza chain, right?

Pick one of the bosses that is holy weak, bring those two, RW Cloud USB. Have Cid bring lifesiphon and Assault Saber, Ramza bring breaks, the two healers have pro/shell (and wall, hopefully, somehow), and one more DPS with a burst. Either have a Hastega SB, or bring the ability on a healer.

Have your burst DPS cast at the start, clean up asuch trash as you can. Get to the boss - Ramza chain, RW cloud on TGCid, then USB into ability spam.

You won't believe the damage it'll unleash. The hard part will be surviving to the boss with your hones intact.

Thanks for the advice.

What I tried before was using a BM with meteor and Ayame with demon strike (aoe samurai thing) to get through the trash. TGCid would lifesiphon when possible. I would also RW godwall at the start and then at the boss.

I would get to the boss and get it to around 25% or so before losing.

I did just realize I have normal wall. I have sentinel grimoire. Is tyro worth bringing?

I can look at the Reddit guide for holy weak. And I should look at my bursts at little more closely.

So Tyro is... complicated. He has utility like no one else. He can equip any weapon and use any ability. Because of this, he can be made to fit into any team. His problem is that his stats are kinda shit.

If we're rolling with the above described team, have Tyro fill in for one of the healers - wall, by itself, is 200% increase to DEF and RES - it's worth more than protect and shell combined. He can being hastega and a healing spell, and you can try foregoing one of protect/shell depending on enemy types.

Tyro was a staple on my teams until I got Y'shtola's wall, too.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    What are the other Wall SBs? I know Tyro has his two Grimoire ones, but I can't always tell from the item description what qualifies as a Wall.

And for holy BSBs, I've got Cid Raines, Marche and Hope. Oh, and WoL too. Cid's is 6*, as I got two on them on back to back draws.

And at noticed during our MP experiment I don't have Mako Might. I should get that.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Darklyre wrote: Β»
    Am I reading things wrong, or do Estinien's LM2 and USB overwrite one another?

You're not reading it wrong. His LM2 is meant to work with his BSB, not his USB.

Quick Cast 1 and Quick Cast 3 do stack as I understand it, you end up with cast speed x4 for the action where they're both in effect. The stacking isn't that effective: one quickcast effect reduces a jump cast time from 1.5s to 0.75s (improvement: .75s), and an additional stacking quickcast then reduces it to 0.375s (improvement: .375s). And regardless of how many quickcasts you have or don't have, you still have to wait for your ATB (~1.8s, hasted), your input delay, and your air time. But it's better than nothing.

Fry on
  • Options
    There's only one other "Wall" - Y'shtola's Stoneskin II.

Of those, Raines' BSB is the best even though it's magic, because he's self-sufficient. He can wrath, he can cast Memento Mori on himself to get a unique MAG boost (and make his burst entry stronger, although don't do this at the start because 45s isn't much when you've got waves of trash), his burst has a MAG/DEF boost for the party, and his CMD1 has a powerchain mechanic (and his CMD2 is an additional MAG boost trade-off and AoE attack).

Also he gets dualcast in his legend dive, but we might be getting ahead of ourselves there.

But yeah, you'll DEFINITELY want Mako Might first. Bit Raines' burst was in the "people paid money for"category like...a year ago.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Paladin Cecil also has a Wall now! (USB2)

Finished off the Weapons this morning. Iris BSB is amazing, feeling great about having pulled that while chasing Cloud stuff in the festival. Would recommend to people doing Healer BSB select from Acolyte Archives who don't have anything else particularly in mind.

Fry on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Yeah, technically there's four Walls now aside from Fabula Guardian. My nomenclature for them:

Tyro SB - Wall
    Y'shtola SB - Cat Wall
    Tyro USB3 - God Wall
    Pecil USB2 - Knight Wall

• Options
    The actual name for Paladin Cecil's USB2 is even "Paladin Wall". They know.

It's real good, too. It causes his Knight abilities to restore 1500 HP to all allies in the front row every time he uses one.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    It was unfortunate that Cecil's banner dropped before/through/after fest; any other time and I'd have some mythril to throw at that.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Farting in a new thread

Targeting Ovelia USB next week for the FFT Nutorment

If/when I get it I'll be fully equipped to sub 30

Ramza USB BSB2 Chain LMR (dived)
    Marche USB LMR (dived)
    Agrias USB BSB OSB LMR (dived)
    TGCid USB LMR (dived)

1 rank 5 and 3 rank 4 ass sabers

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Absolute double middle fingers to the whale difficulty. That thing is beyond stupid.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    It's weird that Marche got a really decent USB and LMR then absolutely zero support after that

I suppose he doesn't really need anything else but a glint/ASB wouldn't go amiss

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well fiagloso is fun

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: Β»
    It's weird that Marche got a really decent USB and LMR then absolutely zero support after that

I suppose he doesn't really need anything else but a glint/ASB wouldn't go amiss

Maybe next next FFT frustration banner.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Well fiagloso is fun

Who/what?

• Options
    Managed to down the Dex motes fight in 4.9s

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sorry autocorrect Diablo .
    Running enlist Travis light and rw instant healer usb with last stand. Tunis off healing. Get killed by gravity.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: Β»

His USB is so strong it's hard to really go up from there. I could see him getting an ASB next FFT banner, but they seem compelled to want to save FFTA stuff for unique banners not just shoving it into the side of a normal FFT banner.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Sorry autocorrect Diablo .
    Running enlist Travis light and rw instant healer usb with last stand. Tunis off healing. Get killed by gravity.

I found Elarra's USB to be a great RW.

Regenga got me through multiple gravities, and overwrites sap.

Just make sure to blind him

• Options
    Finally tried my hand at Zeromus Example Lunacy (the lower difficulty that uses the Orbs). I kinda bumbled my way to a win. Not a mastery, but a win. I thought I had a handle on the Orbs, but I swear the position of the time-reverse one swapped a bunch during the fight.

Maybe I'll try again for Master after doing some actual research. Biggest issue was the lack of an RW to boost ATK with. I could bring a new-style Chain... but one of the ones I have is on someone who exclusively uses summons, and the other is on someone with no hones on his Fire abilities. Neither really helps here.

But whatever. I have the ring, so that's fine.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Finally tried my hand at Zeromus Example Lunacy (the lower difficulty that uses the Orbs). I kinda bumbled my way to a win. Not a mastery, but a win. I thought I had a handle on the Orbs, but I swear the position of the time-reverse one swapped a bunch during the fight.

Maybe I'll try again for Master after doing some actual research. Biggest issue was the lack of an RW to boost ATK with. I could bring a new-style Chain... but one of the ones I have is on someone who exclusively uses summons, and the other is on someone with no hones on his Fire abilities. Neither really helps here.

But whatever. I have the ring, so that's fine.

My understanding is that there isn't a "time reverse orb", it's that one of the orbs is "make time count up" and one is "make time count down".

Do you actually need to boost ATK? I didn't bring any stat buffs to Fellstar Ultima Weapon because everyone was at 750+ ATK on the stat screen, and between Magicite and burst/EX boosts they were well over the ATK softcap.

• Options
    Oh. That's why his "reverse time" action kept hitting different Orbs.

So what happens if you hit both Orbs simultaneously?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Oh. That's why his "reverse time" action kept hitting different Orbs.

So what happens if you hit both Orbs simultaneously?

Nothing - it keeps going as it was

• Options
    Also, sidenote for people who didn't notice with the synergy thing: HP cap isn't 9999.

I had a couple people who were over it, and when the Weapons did their initial "bring to 1 HP" attack, it capped at 9999 and my people weren't at 1HP.

• Options
    Trial of Frost is fun. ??? difficulty is rough, though. Wall is absolutely mandatory.

RW is available which meant I got to see Squall dualcast Snowspell strike with ice chain and Cloud USB active which was hilarious. Every hit over 20k damage.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I thought the 220 Flame Eater was gonna be easy with a mage team, in order to avoid all the counters.

Turns out, the bastard also carries reflect, and Sudden Thunder really hurts.

• Options
    I didn’t see a single counter with physical.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Got my Mote Wladislaus time down to 3.17s. Could probably get sub-3 if I swapped in Bartz and repeated until I got a lucky quadcast.

• Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    how viable is it for me to use a single dps for magicites? for example, could I use locke's BSB to enfire him and just spam AOSB from entrusters?

that seems reasonable to me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AOSB can only be used once per battle, so it can't be spammed.

That being said, funneling all damage through one person is totally viable. My sub-30 Midgardsormr is almost entirely doing that through Luneth (Edge is also doing ninja magic to plink away a bit)

• Options
    oh i see! that changes things

what's the best use for AOSB's in that case?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: Β»
    oh i see! that changes things

what's the best use for AOSB's in that case?

I usually use it as a finisher with the luxury of maybe firing it off a bit earlier than a normal OSB, to finish things in one action rather than several.

Using it to push a boss past a certain weakness stage could also be pretty clutch.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    AOSBs are incredible finishers for magicite especially if cast at the end of chains.

That’s how I use mine.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    i believe in ninjas now

even out of element, fully dove yuffie + edge just erase everything vulnerable to water/earth/dark

it's hilarious watching ingus cast earth chain and then next turn we're at a 140% modifier already

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Following advice from here, I've been focusing on doing the d200 torments. I've got ff1, 3, 6 and 7 done. What these are teaching me is that I need so many orbs.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Ok, crystal tower bahamut is just ridic. Do I just have to stack Last Stands or what? I've only got Yuna and Minfilia as sources of Last Stand. Advice?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Break the crap out of him.

Although elarra USB put me over the top.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Finally got Ultima Weapon Felstar down by Vaan BSB and Tyro breakdancing ATK/MAG and DEF/RES, and going physical/NE. He has LOTS of HP.

• Options
    Hm. Does Behemoth King have more HP than the other mote dungeons? He's taking me a bit longer despite having 4 enFire BSBs and a chain,

• Options
    Hm. Does Behemoth King have more HP than the other mote dungeons? He's taking me a bit longer despite having 4 enFire BSBs and a chain,

I was curious about that myself, because it sure feels like it. Answer:

Tonberry, Wladislaus, Red Dragon: 450k
    Lich: 500k
    Behemoths: 295k/135k

So the Behemoths actually have the least HP of the bunch. And yet it definitely feels like more.

This discussion has been closed.