As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Hoverboards!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    This seems like an improvement on PoE in pretty much every way so far.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    This seems like an improvement on PoE in pretty much every way so far.

Only if there's a way to extract that doesn't involve a 5 mile hike.

Well this ship is pretty neat!

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    it's very dumb the jump from the 100 slot clan tier to the next tier is 1000 slots
    It's 10 (Ghost), 30 (Shadow), 100 (Storm), 300 (Mountain), 1000 (Moon). So there is a slot in-between 100 and 1000.

oh really? maybe we should consider going up to 300 then, since we keep having to boot people who've only been inactive for like a month. What are the downsides of going up a tier? higher research costs?

We were at 300 for ages, what happened was that at peak times we had maybe 50-75'ish people on even semi regularly (within a few days, maybe a week or less), and 200-250'ish who were offline for 1-36+ months (literally 3+ years).

At the highest of peaks I can recall in the last year or two, release of the Plains, we were down to booting people who'd been MIA for about a week or two to make room, but then a few months later it was 1-2+ months again. We see spikes of activity when new hotness shows up (new content, new frames), and then the majority of those people disappear for a quarter or two.

Honestly, if there were a 150 or 200 clan size, it'd probably be about perfect. As it stands, we're just a bit too big for Storm, but way too small for Mountain to justify tripling our research and events requirements. Granted, most of the former are done at this point, but bumping up and down whenever a larger/more obnoxious research comes out or an event arrives isn't exactly ideal either.

Edit: also, re-invite sent!

Edit2: events are the bigger consideration, along with some clan mechanics they've been talking about for a while that would be based on size. We've seen in the past that a few extremely dedicated people can do most of whatever heavy lifting the Development team wants all 300 of us to do, but when they set a 'you must be this effective to earn rewards' bar, it's occasionally insurmountable to overcome having 50'ish people trying to do the expected work of 300.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    So it's showing that Twitch Drops aren't turned on for Warframe. So either that's a visual bug or someone is getting yelled at after the stream and they'll throw Ash Prime out to everyone for the screwup.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    holy shit this is really cool

BahamutZERO.gif
    Holy shit. Dat mission.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    This also looks like the least puggable thing in the history of things.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    So it's showing that Twitch Drops aren't turned on for Warframe. So either that's a visual bug or someone is getting yelled at after the stream and they'll throw Ash Prime out to everyone for the screwup.

twitch drops and warframe's drops are different. Its not randomly watch to get rewards, its watch for 30 minutes to get a specific reward. i already got my ash prime since its been 30 minutes.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    So we're gonna have a Star Trek bridge crew space battle mission type cause this is Warframe and why the hell not?

Forar wrote: »
    it's very dumb the jump from the 100 slot clan tier to the next tier is 1000 slots
    It's 10 (Ghost), 30 (Shadow), 100 (Storm), 300 (Mountain), 1000 (Moon). So there is a slot in-between 100 and 1000.

oh really? maybe we should consider going up to 300 then, since we keep having to boot people who've only been inactive for like a month. What are the downsides of going up a tier? higher research costs?

We were at 300 for ages, what happened was that at peak times we had maybe 50-75'ish people on even semi regularly (within a few days, maybe a week or less), and 200-250'ish who were offline for 1-36+ months (literally 3+ years).

At the highest of peaks I can recall in the last year or two, release of the Plains, we were down to booting people who'd been MIA for about a week or two to make room, but then a few months later it was 1-2+ months again. We see spikes of activity when new hotness shows up, and then the majority of those people disappear for a quarter or two.

Honestly, if there were a 150 or 200 clan size, it'd probably be about perfect. As it stands, we're just a bit too big for Storm, but way too small for Mountain to justify tripling our research and events requirements. Granted, most of the former are done at this point, but bumping up and down whenever a larger/more obnoxious research comes out or an event arrives isn't exactly ideal either.

Edit: also, re-invite sent!

fair enough, this stuff does tend to move in cycles.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Gotta love that there's a good chance a bot just won 100,000 plat.

so who's ready to farm up capital ship mods :rotate:

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited July 2018
    CorriganX wrote: »

twitch drops and warframe's drops are different. Its not randomly watch to get rewards, its watch for 30 minutes to get a specific reward. i already got my ash prime since its been 30 minutes.

Usually the little green icon is there to let you know. Blizzard and CDProject Red already implemented time limited drops, but the icon is there when they turn that on.

I didn't get mine but I guess it could take a while to spread to the 400k+ people.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    This also looks like the least puggable thing in the history of things.

IDK, I don't think it's Sea of Thieves tier puggable. Once you figure out how to work it the first go it'll probably be fairly routine.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    You might have to....talk or type to other people. :gasp:

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Network not responding? Oh dear.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    so who's ready to farm up capital ship mods :rotate:

Next tier strategy: Fly an Amesha out in front of the ship and soak incoming fire :rotate:

I don't need ship mods, I'll just spam shield drones and invincibility until everything else is dead, right?

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Aegis wrote: »
    Network not responding? Oh dear.

400k+ just went to check their Inboxes.

camo_sig.png
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    everything about that tennocon stream was shit-hot.
    i want all that stuff

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    Feel kind of bad because I'd probably be motivated try and win this donation fest for any Prime warframe except it's excluding Excal Prime. :snap:

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Congratulations to Digital Extremes for finally making Star Citizen.

Seriously what the fuck is this game anymore, it rules

Crippl3 on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dammit, I forgot to put the stream on before I went to get pizza.

So, I only played around the time of the Anniversary, and I have a question. I have Excal, Frost Prime, Trinity Prime and hopefully Ash Prime. Assuming I run all the way through with Excal (eventually, huge backlog of games), who should I try to play after that? Are any of those top tier?

camo_sig.png
    edited July 2018
    Surprised you don't have Ash prime already, CB

edit: There really isn't a frame that's "bad" in this game, ubergeek. with the right mods all of them are going to kill over 95% of the content, w/o issue.

tastydonuts on
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    So, I only played around the time of the Anniversary, and I have a question. I have Excal, Frost Prime, Trinity Prime and hopefully Ash Prime. Assuming I run all the way through with Excal (eventually, huge backlog of games), who should I try to play after that? Are any of those top tier?

Each of those frames is really good at a specific thing. Any frame is good if you put enough forma/right mods on it, they just tend to be good at different things. Weapons.are arguably the only thing with tiers and even then, the same rule of proper build + enough forma is enough for any weapon to be powerful enough for just about anything.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I would not worry about tiers, those frames are all viable. Frost is the king of defense missions and with the right mods can also be awesome support, Excal modded out right is very self-sufficient and deals good damage, Trinity is your pure support frame (though she is self-sufficient due to her healing), and Ash is great at moving around the battlefield and taking out both trash and high priority targets (outside of bosses and the like). You'll want to max all of them for mastery anyway, though I would say Frost would be the most useful frame to work on next.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    My favourite thing about Ash is that all the frames have a specialty of something.

Frost is the space ninja of ice, Zephyr is the space ninja of wind etc.

Ash is the space ninja of ninja.

He is the most ninja space ninja.

edited July 2018

They're all quite good, depends on the type of content. Trinity's not particularly strong at being a solo killing machine (she's still good at it because that's just the baseline of this game) but she gives everyone infinite energy and does tons of healing which makes your party nigh-invulnerable. Frost's bubble shield is indispensable for defense and excavation missions. Ash does a lot of damage. Excalibur's well-rounded with his wide area long duration stun and anime sword lasers.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Surprised you don't have Ash prime already, CB

edit: There really isn't a frame that's "bad" in this game, ubergeek. with the right mods all of them are going to kill over 95% of the content, w/o issue.
    Haven't done a lot of relic grinding, actually. A lot more of my grind has been focused on mods, endo, and MR.

Kelor wrote: »
    My favourite thing about Ash is that all the frames have a specialty of something.

Frost is the space ninja of ice, Zephyr is the space ninja of wind etc.

Ash is the space ninja of ninja.

He is the most ninja space ninja.

Ivara is right there :P

ivara's a robin hood, ash is a tenchu

BahamutZERO.gif
    they asked the lady who won 100,000 plat what she was gonna buy.
    how do you not answer "um... everything?"

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Shit, of course I had a headache and slept through the free frame thing.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    get 100,000 plat

be asked what you are going to buy

'like ... ten really good rivens I guess, might not be enough'

also the new trailer is hoooly shit ps spoilers

i think the plat you win from them is not tradable with other players tho.

also RHINO PRIME NEXT WOOOOOOOO!

I briefly saw my twitch username flash on the screen as they cycled through the channel people and that was enough for me.

also, I thought I somehow stumbled onto some secret backdoor access to the 2018 Tennocon Relay because I bought the 2017 Tennocon stuff but it turns out that I simply bought the 2018 Tennocon stuff back in april and absolutely forgot about it.

still no ash prime showing up for me, hope it's just slow and didn't screw up and miss people somehow

BahamutZERO.gif
    still no ash prime showing up for me, hope it's just slow and didn't screw up and miss people somehow

Yeah, I walked away to cook dinner, come back and still nada :(