As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    I wonder if they have robot heads cause the Corpus are holding their real heads as collateral.

In one of the leaked descriptions, it's that. But heads, man I was not expecting that.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Just did a "get 32 finisher kills without taking a status proc" and a "get 50 finisher kills without taking a status proc" riven. Went in as Valkyr, used hysteria to gain proc immunity and paralysis to open enemies up to the finishers. Was somewhat tricky; couldn't keep hysteria up indefinitely at the rate I was killing enemies so I'd sometimes have to drop it and hang back to regain energy, or when safe to, stealth kill enemies. Lost my progress I think twice. Anyway, around 49/50 of the second one I suddenly remembered that wait, aren't the attacks on knocked down enemies called ground finishers too? So killed an enemy with one of those and got 50/50. Damn.

I imagine that that challenge would be trivial with an ivara, or even a loki or equinox, since if you do stealth finishers, the enemies don't even know you're there to make statuses to afflict you

steam_sig.png
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The Sacrifice:
    Holy shit, this combat is ridiculously awful. This may be the worst they've done yet. I spent 30 seconds stunlocked into a corner, unable to even HIT the Transference button, let alone anything else, and when I finally managed it, I was instantly stunlocked back into my frame, repeat. (For those about to go "well don't be in a corner!" please note my frame didn't START in a corner, it got rag-dolled into it and slowly pushed around by Mr. Stunlock One-shot.) I can only imagine how angry I'd be if I'd spent the time to grind out a new amp first; as it is, I'm just annoyed as hell.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yeah, I had very little fun with the actual combat / boss stuff. It wasn't difficult, just dull and tedious. I think they know it's not ideal given how they handle death/respawning.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    It was pretty easy with the tier 3 alt-fire amp

steam_sig.png
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Hot damn!!! After seeing the latest teasers, I seriously consider getting back into this game. I bought a Founder's pack back when it came out, player on and off again, and stopped around back when the "raids" were introduced. What would be the most important things for me to catch up on right now?

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Hot damn!!! After seeing the latest teasers, I seriously consider getting back into this game. I bought a Founder's pack back when it came out, player on and off again, and stopped around back when the "raids" were introduced. What would be the most important things for me to catch up on right now?

Well uh.

Not raids, that's for sure.

Because those are gone.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Do the Second Dream and War Within would be my suggestion for starters.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    What, they removed raids??? Why? I never got to play one, but they sure sounded like fun...

So I guess not too much has changed: To get better I farm good mods (especially riven these days I guess?), good weapons/frames and reactors/cataclysts for them then? Sounds simple enough.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    [laughs in Tigris Prime]

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    What, they removed raids??? Why? I never got to play one, but they sure sounded like fun...

So I guess not too much has changed: To get better I farm good mods (especially riven these days I guess?), good weapons/frames and reactors/cataclysts for them then? Sounds simple enough.

Alright Blackbird, wie geht's?

Raids were removed because they were too buggy apparently - something new broke every update and the dev effort:number of raid players ratio just wasn't sensible anymore. The unique raid rewards (arcanes) are now in the plains world bosses, the eidolon sentients.

Yeah mods and learning power interactions are the key, there was a big primaries/secondaries balance pass earlier this year so mastery rank locks on weapons are now a pretty good rule of thumb for 'which weapon is better' but fundamentally with a potato and enough forma you can take any weapon to any content as long as you have the mods.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Okay I’m reinstalling this again. I read that the opening missions aren’t great and the game gets a lot better when it open up out of the beginning missions.

How long should I stick it out for to start getting to some good stuff?

edit - turns out the game doesn't want me to play anymore. Update always gets corrupted, and I've done everything on their troubleshooting page. Oh well.

edit edit - it seems swapping to Chinese lets it get past the Terms Agreement. That's a weird bug.

-Loki- on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Just did a "get 32 finisher kills without taking a status proc" and a "get 50 finisher kills without taking a status proc" riven. Went in as Valkyr, used hysteria to gain proc immunity and paralysis to open enemies up to the finishers. Was somewhat tricky; couldn't keep hysteria up indefinitely at the rate I was killing enemies so I'd sometimes have to drop it and hang back to regain energy, or when safe to, stealth kill enemies. Lost my progress I think twice. Anyway, around 49/50 of the second one I suddenly remembered that wait, aren't the attacks on knocked down enemies called ground finishers too? So killed an enemy with one of those and got 50/50. Damn.

Loki with a covert lethality dagger. They can't proc you if they can't see you. And 50 kills is childsplay for Loki

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    My favourite thing about Ash is that all the frames have a specialty of something.

Frost is the space ninja of ice, Zephyr is the space ninja of wind etc.

Ash is the space ninja of ninja.

He is the most ninja space ninja.

Which only makes it more glaring how much he sucks at being a ninja. Loki does the ninja thing way better than Ash does, with a decoy and an invis that isn't kind of terrible and such.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »
    My favourite thing about Ash is that all the frames have a specialty of something.

Frost is the space ninja of ice, Zephyr is the space ninja of wind etc.

Ash is the space ninja of ninja.

He is the most ninja space ninja.

Which only makes it more glaring how much he sucks at being a ninja. Loki does the ninja thing way better than Ash does, with a decoy and an invis that isn't kind of terrible and such.

Nah, Ash is less a sneaky ninja and more of a full frontal assault ninja. His stealth ability isn't meant for moving through the entire map undetected, it's to quickly give him some breathing room so he can jump up in some dudes faces and annihilate their fucking souls with his 1, 3, and 4 abilities.

JtgVX0H.png
    While IMHO his 4 ability isn't that great anymore, his 3 ability is soo nasty with a covert lethality dagger.

3->2->stab is really nasty.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    While IMHO his 4 ability isn't that great anymore, his 3 ability is soo nasty with a covert lethality dagger.

didn't his teleport augment turn it into a one-button process to CL dagger people?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    edited July 2018
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

didn't his teleport augment turn it into a one-button process to CL dagger people?

It does. Basically you 3 the most dangerous enemy (bye bye Bombard), smokebomb and then deathstab all his stunned buddies.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    yes

look at level 100 nox

press 3

problem solved

• LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Okay I’m reinstalling this again. I read that the opening missions aren’t great and the game gets a lot better when it open up out of the beginning missions.

edit - turns out the game doesn't want me to play anymore. Update always gets corrupted, and I've done everything on their troubleshooting page. Oh well.

edit edit - it seems swapping to Chinese lets it get past the Terms Agreement. That's a weird bug.

A "fix" for corrupted dowloands on steam (if you are using the steam verson ofc) is to simply delete some random game folders, then verify and retry.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Nah, Ash is less a sneaky ninja and more of a full frontal assault ninja.

So Loki is the guy who developed his fighting style by meticulously studying historical ninjutsu.

And Ash is the guy who developed his fighting style based on all the American made "ninja" movies he saw in the 80's and 90's.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Well, Second Dream quest done, and so many questions are now answered, yet as many remain.
    And that final action scene was pretty badass.
    The discussion with Lotus was kinda disjointed, and the conversation options were way more optimistic and honorable than i would have liked, but i managed to find a decent ones that were bit angrier and stubborn than just all wisdom and honor.
    Was pretty surprised to meet Lotus face to face, kinda surprising she managed to just appear, but then with shadow also just porting in, i guess everyone and their uncle can just teleport willy nilly.
    Wish i could.

Character creator was pretty nice, if basic.
    Went for a redheaded girl, mainly because the Tenno i pulled out of the lotus thingy in the missions seemed more like a girl, so i decided to just go with it.
    Now, where can i get a bazillion focus lenses, asap?

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Well, Second Dream quest done, and so many questions are now answered, yet as many remain.
    And that final action scene was pretty badass.
    The discussion with Lotus was kinda disjointed, and the conversation options were way more optimistic and honorable than i would have liked, but i managed to find a decent ones that were bit angrier and stubborn than just all wisdom and honor.
    Was pretty surprised to meet Lotus face to face, kinda surprising she managed to just appear, but then with shadow also just porting in, i guess everyone and their uncle can just teleport willy nilly.
    Wish i could.

Character creator was pretty nice, if basic.
    Went for a redheaded girl, mainly because the Tenno i pulled out of the lotus thingy in the missions seemed more like a girl, so i decided to just go with it.
    Now, where can i get a bazillion focus lenses, asap?

Lenses are bounty rewards in Cetus. Basic ones scattered through the first three tiers, blueprints for making the (current) top end out of the top bounty.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Damn, can do the first two tiers (and have gotten couple lenses already), but not the third or above (did it once in a group, got lucky and got the frame part i needed and haven't gone back yet).
    Will need to farm the 2nd tier bounty then, maybe try 3rd again soon.

For reference, I have no clue if the basic lenses shuffle around which tiers they drop from or if it's just a static layout, I've got lenses for days from the pre-Cetus methods of gathering.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Could I get an invite to the PC clan? User name I believe is J_bob.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Loki with a covert lethality dagger. They can't proc you if they can't see you. And 50 kills is childsplay for Loki
    I think next time I'm gonna go with Rhino. Keeping iron skin up is less effort.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    If you have the means and the beans (you need 1 million credits per legendary mod trade tax) for his itams, I still have 1D 18H on Super Baro on xbox.

Basically provide prime parts so I can convert to ducats and buy.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    If you have the means and the beans (you need 1 million credits per legendary mod trade tax) for his itams, I still have 1D 18H on Super Baro on xbox.

Wait, that's a thing you can actually access? How? Selecting it from the alerts doesn't seem to do anything and I don't see any "tennocon relay" on the starmap.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Wait, that's a thing you can actually access? How? Selecting it from the alerts doesn't seem to do anything and I don't see any "tennocon relay" on the starmap.

You had to buy a TennoCon ticket or digital ticket to get access. Those are sold out.

edited July 2018

You need to have bought a tennocon ticket a few weeks ago

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

A "fix" for corrupted dowloands on steam (if you are using the steam verson ofc) is to simply delete some random game folders, then verify and retry.

I did read up on fixing it. Verifying with Steam seems like it isn’t recommended with Warframe - which is why the Warframe launcher has its own Verify tool. It wasn’t Steam though, it was the Warframe launcher not being able to get to the Terms Agreement. I saw other people had success swapping to Chinese, and it worked.

Now I get to play through boring early missions again until I reach this good stuff everyone talks about (and I keep seeing on YouTube videos) that I never seem to get to.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I bought the tickets back in April.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Regarding our new shadowy friend and The Sacrifice:
    I still ain't particularly a fan, the new mods seem like crap, and fuck you new polarity, but I discovered a funny interaction.

Y'know how the Tigris Prime is a 2-shot shotgun that you have to reload, but it hits like a fucking TRAIN? HE doesn't know that, so it's full-auto and no-reload. That's fuckin' hilarious. Your killing power goes up exponentially the second you hop out, and it's zero to do with anything you actually do. It took me a little while to try to figure out why those Conculysts were just falling over the second I beamed them, but you bet I was giggling once I figured it out...

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I still ain't particularly a fan, the new mods seem like crap, and fuck you new polarity, but I discovered a funny interaction.

Y'know how the Tigris Prime is a 2-shot shotgun that you have to reload, but it hits like a fucking TRAIN? HE doesn't know that, so it's full-auto and no-reload. That's fuckin' hilarious. Your killing power goes up exponentially the second you hop out, and it's zero to do with anything you actually do. It took me a little while to try to figure out why those Conculysts were just falling over the second I beamed them, but you bet I was giggling once I figured it out...

Oh jesus, doing this now, this is hilariously awesome.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

I'll like the new mods if they do something where like, you can unlock umbra versions of every warframe (even if it's just a prefix, and no new model. Heck, if it's just a prefix applied to your already forma'd out warframes that'd be pretty great) and on umbra versions of warframes, those mods are always counted as being on a match polarity. I think optimal builds are requiring more and more forma lately, so it'd be nice to have new mods added that actually walked that back some instead of adding to it.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So what are we checking in for with the ps4 clan?

I'll like the new mods if they do something where like, you can unlock umbra versions of every warframe (even if it's just a prefix, and no new model. Heck, if it's just a prefix applied to your already forma'd out warframes that'd be pretty great) and on umbra versions of warframes, those mods are always counted as being on a match polarity. I think optimal builds are requiring more and more forma lately, so it'd be nice to have new mods added that actually walked that back some instead of adding to it.

Even worse, if the wiki's to be believed you can't even forma that one on.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Nooooo, not a -75% off platinum daily reward D:

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    hello. I just wanted my owl avatar next to another owl avatar.

if I was interested in the ps4 clan, would it be detrimental to the clan if I played once or twice then never again? I just started but I'm busy with other stuff so I don't even know if I'm interested in playing the game consistently

jCyyTSo.png