As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Regarding our new shadowy friend and The Sacrifice:
    I still ain't particularly a fan, the new mods seem like crap, and fuck you new polarity, but I discovered a funny interaction.

Y'know how the Tigris Prime is a 2-shot shotgun that you have to reload, but it hits like a fucking TRAIN? HE doesn't know that, so it's full-auto and no-reload. That's fuckin' hilarious. Your killing power goes up exponentially the second you hop out, and it's zero to do with anything you actually do. It took me a little while to try to figure out why those Conculysts were just falling over the second I beamed them, but you bet I was giggling once I figured it out...
    I'll like the new mods if they do something where like, you can unlock umbra versions of every warframe (even if it's just a prefix, and no new model. Heck, if it's just a prefix applied to your already forma'd out warframes that'd be pretty great) and on umbra versions of warframes, those mods are always counted as being on a match polarity. I think optimal builds are requiring more and more forma lately, so it'd be nice to have new mods added that actually walked that back some instead of adding to it.

Even worse, if the wiki's to be believed you can't even forma that one on.
    Indeed, you can't.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    For syndicate reputations, is there any meta I should be aware for picking who to side with or does it not really matter?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    For syndicate reputations, is there any meta I should be aware for picking who to side with or does it not really matter?

It doesn't matter, you can swap around at will with only a little grinding

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited July 2018

Pick one, then look to see who they are allied with, and who is their enemy. You will gain ranks in two at once, as the ally to the one you're working for gets some points. Look to see who the enemy is for the ally of the one you chose and you will see one syndicate that is not an enemy to either of them, you can gain ranks in that one as well without shooting yourself in the foot. Gaining ranks in more than three at once requires some managment.

EDIT: I realize that reads as super confusing, pick one, they have an ally. Pick a third that neither of those are enemies of. You can gain ranks in all three of those freely.

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »

Pick one, then look to see who they are allied with, and who is their enemy. You will gain ranks in two at once, as the ally to the one you're working for gets some points. Look to see who the enemy is for the ally of the one you chose and you will see one syndicate that is not an enemy to either of them, you can gain ranks in that one as well without shooting yourself in the foot. Gaining ranks in more than three at once requires some managment.

EDIT: I realize that reads as super confusing, pick one, they have an ally. Pick a third that neither of those are enemies of. You can gain ranks in all three of those freely.

The normal solution is New Loka, Red Veil, and Perrin Sequence or the other three. I want to say you can solve it other ways but can't think of it offhand.

It's also possible to do 4 at once, if you only level 2 of them by using the half points for allies.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    kralizecc wrote: »

The normal solution is New Loka, Red Veil, and Perrin Sequence or the other three. I want to say you can solve it other ways but can't think of it offhand.

It's also possible to do 4 at once, if you only level 2 of them by using the half points for allies.

You can actually do all 6 at once, but it requires a lot of work that I'm too lazy to do.

Normally people choose the left three or the right three, or the left three plus Red Veil, or the right three plus Steel Meridian.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Any word yet on the whole Ash Prime mess?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    After looking at a couple of guides it looks like the first step of getting six maxed out is getting four maxed out anyway. And then getting the other two up there requires a grind that is six times as long as getting the first four done.

Three and then three seems infinitely more time and resource efficient if you're not a completionist.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    After looking at a couple of guides it looks like the first step of getting six maxed out is getting four maxed out anyway. And then getting the other two up there requires a grind that is six times as long as getting the first four done.

Three and then three seems infinitely more time and resource efficient if you're not a completionist.

Personally. "Get three, then trade for the rest of the shit you want" is way preferable.

And don't play warframe if you're an obsessive completionist. It's poison since:
    1. "This looks cool! Lets do that. And I don't want to miss really limited resources like potatoes or unique challenges" takes up maybe a few hours every months or so with maybe 4 weeks of the year where you'll play warframe 2-3 hours per day.
    2. "I want all of the warframe stuff" will take up "It will ruin your life" amount of time.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

I did the left three plus Red Veil first, then I did the right three with Steel Meridian, then I did the left three with Red Veil again. Now I'm mostly just sitting in a holding pattern since I have most everything the syndicates have to offer. Sometimes I buy a few copies of various syndicate weapons to give to people for free because why not, and then grind to fill the bars some more.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Any word yet on the whole Ash Prime mess?

"we're looking into the problem"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

is the latest I've seen from them about it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    hello. I just wanted my owl avatar next to another owl avatar.

if I was interested in the ps4 clan, would it be detrimental to the clan if I played once or twice then never again? I just started but I'm busy with other stuff so I don't even know if I'm interested in playing the game consistently

Sure, just let me know your psn name.
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    So what are we checking in for with the ps4 clan?

Friday I am going to activate the altar of ascension to level up the clan. Everyone will have 72 hours to interact with it to get a nice

Well crap I just looked it up and it appears at our rank of shadow I need 5 people total to start the ceremony. So I guess anyone on Friday who wants some free endo login to start the ceremony.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    I wonder if they have robot heads cause the Corpus are holding their real heads as collateral.

In one of the leaked descriptions, it's that. But heads, man I was not expecting that.

I actually kinda did myself. I remember early lore chatter about Corpus hive slaves and proxies being free willed, etc. As soon as I saw the robo-head it just fit.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    yes

look at level 100 nox

press 3

problem solved

It's kinda like Mag's Magnetize + my 3 forma Supra Vandal. Poof! Problem solved! I love your Kitchen Gun!

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Seeing as I spent most of today playing Warframe and also picked up some platinum, I figure I should look to get an invite to the PC clan if that's possible? Probably should have went with Saldonas for my game name but used Carthuun instead. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of being a space ninja.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I wonder if they have robot heads cause the Corpus are holding their real heads as collateral.

In one of the leaked descriptions, it's that. But heads, man I was not expecting that.

I actually kinda did myself. I remember early lore chatter about Corpus hive slaves and proxies being free willed, etc. As soon as I saw the robo-head it just fit.

Well yes, but I mean, it's a *head*.

You generally need those!

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Seeing as I spent most of today playing Warframe and also picked up some platinum, I figure I should look to get an invite to the PC clan if that's possible? Probably should have went with Saldonas for my game name but used Carthuun instead. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of being a space ninja.

One of us, one of us

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular

Well yes, but I mean, it's a *head*.

You generally need those!

So they're keeping peoples heads as collateral and doing some fancy transference back to their own bodies?

Have I got that right, because that's so nightmarish it's genuinely disturbing. Especially the implication of where they got the tech to transfer consciousness.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Got my first eidolon kill this weekend, thanks to the PC clan. Went back later to fish, found myself thrown into a group that was killing another. That kill was slower, messier, but got a second kill and got a bunch of widgets from it. No idea what i'm doing though, really need to sit down and read a guide. Forma'd the hell out of Octavia who has somehow displaced Nova Prime as my favourite frame, and forma'd her Tenora 3 or 4 times too.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Tenora is a rad gun. hi5

Ianator dragged me through some void missions to open up Chains of Harrow, so all the thanks to him! <3

Then I bought my bulk large pizza recipe so that I can stop being useless when I play a caster frame outside of survival. In retrospect, I realize that I forgot my go-to weapon for finding energy: Orthos Prime. I left it at home and suffered terribly for my lack of room clear.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Could I get an invite to the PC clan? User name I believe is J_bob.

I'll get invites sent out later today.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Got my first eidolon kill this weekend, thanks to the PC clan. Went back later to fish, found myself thrown into a group that was killing another. That kill was slower, messier, but got a second kill and got a bunch of widgets from it. No idea what i'm doing though, really need to sit down and read a guide. Forma'd the hell out of Octavia who has somehow displaced Nova Prime as my favourite frame, and forma'd her Tenora 3 or 4 times too.

The eidolon fights aren't terribly difficult to understand, it's just actually executing what needs to be done can be tricky sometimes.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Hello PC warframers!
    I logged in yesterday and saw I'd been banished from the dojo, most likely for inactivity. Any chance I could get re-invited? Does that need to happen live, or can I get the invite and then accept it next time I log in?

I'm HealerRend in game

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Yeah, digging Tenora - I had it fitted for an incredible rate of fire, but found ammo management was an issue and had to scale it back some. For a bit I was running that plus Drum/Mag and some other stuff so I could just spin and turn the hose on enemies. I can't believe how the grineer and such run in a straight line, single file still in some places; although it does make life easier.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    Hello PC warframers!
    I logged in yesterday and saw I'd been banished from the dojo, most likely for inactivity. Any chance I could get re-invited? Does that need to happen live, or can I get the invite and then accept it next time I log in?

I'm HealerRend in game

I'll get an invite sent out later today.

And yes, inactivity is like 99% of the reasons people find themselves removed from the clan. I have to be pretty drunk on power (and in general) to start throwing red cards and ejecting people for any other reason, short of being a massive goosehole whom I'm tired of dealing with.

Fortunately, the community is super chill so it's not usually an issue (though there are a few occasionally in Alliance chat that make me wish I could show them a time out in one fashion or another).

Kidding.

... mostly kidding.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    is it me? am i the bad child?

edit, RE: ash prime, Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/980271-the-great-tennocon-2018-ash-prime-drop-fix/

script should be done in the next 2-6 hours.

SteveRage on
    -in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    SteveRage wrote: »

edit, RE: ash prime, Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/980271-the-great-tennocon-2018-ash-prime-drop-fix/

Wooo!

• Options

That's awfully generous of them! I'm glad though, it means I'll have another Ash P so I can farm focus for two different schools

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I'm curious, I got the Trinity Prime frame from my Twitch account too. Am I correct in believing it's kind of a support frame, at least as far as it's abilities go?

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular

I don't think my account is linked, can I still go claim this?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'm curious, I got the Trinity Prime frame from my Twitch account too. Am I correct in believing it's kind of a support frame, at least as far as it's abilities go?

Definitely, but don't underestimate her ability to also function as an Immortal Tank courtesy of her 3 and 4. I almost never use her 1, mostly engaging in a very MMO-style cycle of 3 > 2 > 4 that keeps myself and the team fully energized, all while I just spin around with Galatine P and cut things into shimmering giblets.

• Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    Any chance I could get an invite to the PS4 guild, if there's an opening?

TwoTimesaDingo

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Any chance I could get an invite to the PS4 guild, if there's an opening?

TwoTimesaDingo

If you don't mind being a part of the PA guild with a dumb name, I can't shoot you an invite this afternoon. I can't remember if the main guild has slots, but we're all part of an alliance, and I have most things researched.

• Options

yeah I had a feeling it might come down to a "we can't fix the twitch drop issue so we're giving everyone an apology ash prime" type solution.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    guys this game is pretty fun, idk if you knew that

How 'good' should I be before I start trying Sorties? I feel like I'm in an okay place right now but I really need orokin catalysts, orokin reactors, endo, riven mods.. basically everything.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    Dronus86 wrote: »

How 'good' should I be before I start trying Sorties? I feel like I'm in an okay place right now but I really need orokin catalysts, orokin reactors, endo, riven mods.. basically everything.

Ask in alliance chat, get carried.

Realistically you want a frame that can take a beating, and enough firepower that stuff late in the start chart dies without much trouble.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    My lack of orokin catalysts is really starting to bite me right now. Would love to pop a tater in my corinth.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Dronus86 wrote: »

Start doing them. Pug them, and don't worry about how you perform. The only way to get better is to get out there and practice. Come back with questions if you have any.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no