As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Play Diplomacy on Moll Primus.
    @Mojo_Jojo and @discrider in case they want to unexhuast the planets they used for Tech.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Pass on secondary

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    pass diplomacy

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Pass. @Ketar to pass/play too.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Sorry, forgot Ketar could unexhaust the planets he just claimed.

Hedgethorn on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Oh, I guess I do have a couple of exhausted planets now.

Hard Pass.

@Preda is up.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    War Effort
    Action: Place 1 cruiser from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your ships.
    In My HS.

@discrider next assuming no one want to sabotage this one...

@Preda I believe we agreed to 3 TG for the vote change last round?

Are you sure? I don't remember anything about that...

js2umg0urnxo.jpg

Eh.
    I'll just kill you in a Phalla or something.

Trade
    @MrBody would you be willing to get a free refresh for a 3+1TG:4 trade?

Let's ping everyone else too:
    @Preda @Mojo_Jojo @Ketar @Hedgethorn

Pass

Pass on trade secondary.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Pass

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Pass.

@MrBody to make some sort of assuring noise about trading commodities after a free refresh otherwise I have to refresh someone else

We've abandoned the need for material things.

pass trade

MrBody wrote: »
    We've abandoned the need for material things.

pass trade

Do you need eyes where you're going?

Just trying to figure out what level of scary all that wormhole travel has brought you to, thanks.

discrider wrote: »
    @MrBody to make some sort of assuring noise about trading commodities after a free refresh otherwise I have to refresh someone else

You could refresh me. I'll probably benefit anyway if you refresh someone else and trade with them, because I'll just pillage from whoever your trading partner is.

@Ketar would you be up for a free refresh and then a 2:2 trade?

Pretty sure I'm good. Can give it a better look in 15-20 minutes though.

@discrider It would need to be a free refresh and 3 from you for 2 from me. I'm fine standing pat otherwise.

Actually that would just get pillaged by Hedgethorn. I'll pass then.

Ketar wrote: »

???
    You have zero TG?
    So it wouldn't get pillaged.

discrider wrote: »
    Ketar wrote: »

???
    You have zero TG?
    So it wouldn't get pillaged.

3 from you would. And 2 isn't worth it to me.

And still no-one trades with us.
    I refresh, Creuss is forced to refresh, and I gain 4 TG from trade minister.
    @MrBody is up
    Feel free to trade etc at some point.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Round 7: Action Phase Update 1

The Naalu Collective: Play the primary ability of the (7) Technology Strategy Card, exhausting Druaa (3R), Lodor (3R), and destroying 1 Cruiser in empty system "Winnu Crossing" and 1 Destroyer in the Naalu Home System to gain Graviton Laser System and Space Dock II.
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhausting Winnu (3R), Thibah (1R), and destroying 1 Carrier at the Winnu Home System to gain Graviton Laser System.
    The Barony of Letnev: Activate the Naalu Home System. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Remove 1 counter from Fleet Pool due to Naalu's racial technology "Neuroglaive".
    Move in 1 War Sun, 1 Dreadnought, 1 Cruiser, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from Qucen'n-Rarron and 1 Dreadnought and 1 Infantry from Coorneeq.
    During space combat, Letnev damages 1 Dreadnought while Naalu loses 4 Fighters; combat resolves in favor of Letnev.
    Bombardment destroys 2 Naalu Infantry on Druaa.
    Land 1 Infantry on Maaluuk and 2 Infantry on Druaa.
    Space Cannon Defense destroys 1 Letnev Infantry landing on Druaa.
    1 Naalu Space Dock is destroyed on Maaluuk and 1 Naalu Space Dock and 1 PDS is destroyed on Druaa.
    The Mentak Coalition: Play the primary ability of the (2) Diplomacy Strategy Card, placing a counter from each other player's reinforcements into the Mentak Home System.
    No players play on the secondary ability.
    Sardakk N'orr: Play Action Card "War Effort", placing a cruiser in the N'orr Home System. (AC 6 --> 5)
    The Winnu: Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade Strategy Card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 3 --> 6)
    Refresh commodities for Winnu and Creuss. (Winnu C 0 --> 3; Creuss C 0 --> 4)
    Winnu gains 4 Trade Goods from Minister of Commerce. (TG 6 --> 10)
    No players play on the secondary.

Current Map: Round 7, Action Phase Update 1

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition - 9 VP
    The Winnu - 9 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 8 VP
    The Barony of Letnev - 8 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 7 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 7 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Winnu, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: N'orr, Mentak, Letnev, Creuss
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Creuss, N'orr, Naalu, Letnev, Mentak
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu
    Develop Weaponry (1 VP): Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.: N'orr, Winnu, Mentak, Letnev, Naalu
    Revolutionize Warfare (2 VP): Own 3 unit upgrade technologies.: Winnu, Mentak, N'orr, Letnev
    Unify the Colonies (2 VP): Control 6 planets that each have the same planet trait.: Letnev, Creuss
    Galvanize the People (2 VP): Spend a total of 6 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    2 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: Master the Laws of Physics (Status Phase, 1 VP): Own 4 technologies of the same color.
    Cut Supply Lines (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in the same system as another player's Space Dock.
    1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.
    Spark a Rebellion (Action Phase, 1 VP): Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points.
    The Barony of Letnev: Monopolize Production (Status Phase, 1 VP): Control 4 industrial planets.
    2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Threaten Enemies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that is adjacent to another player's home system.
    2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Winnu: Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and 1 or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    Fuel the War Machine (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have 3 Space Docks on the game board.
    Sardakk N'orr: Control the Region (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 6 systems.
    Establish a Perimeter (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have 4 PDS units on the game board.
    0 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.

Special Objectives
    Naalu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu.
    Letnev's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu.
    Winnu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    Imperial Rider (1 VP): Successful prediction by Creuss.
    Imperial Primary Ability (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu once (Round 4).
    Creuss's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Naalu.

The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 10
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Naalu's Support for the Throne, N'orr's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Salvage Operations, Mirror Computing, Plasma Scoring, Cruiser II, Space Dock II, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Fourth Moon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Other players' ships in this system cannot use Sustain Damage.
    - Racial Technology: Salvage Operations (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After you win or lose a Space Combat, gain 1 Trade Good. If you won the combat, you may also produce 1 ship in that system of any ship type that was destroyed during the combat.
    - Racial Technology: Mirror Computing (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good is worth 2 resources or influence instead of 1.
    - Ambush: At the start of Space Combat, you may roll 1 die for each of up to 2 of your Cruisers or Destroyers in the system. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, produce 1 hit; your opponent must assign it to one of his ships.
    - Pillage: After 1 of your neighbors gains Trade Goods or resolves a transaction, if he has 3 or more Trade Goods, you may take 1 of his Trade Goods or Commodities.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Promise of Protection: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Mentak player cannot use his "Pillage" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Mentak player's units, return this card to the Mentak player.

The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Ceasefire, Creuss's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Neuroglaive, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Antimass Deflectors, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, Infantry II, Space Dock II

Worlds:
    X - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Ceasefire, Winnu's Political Secret (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Fleet Logistics, Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Non-Euclidean Shielding, Sarween Tools, Dreadnought II, War Sun, Destroyer II

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody)
    Commodities: 4 / 4
    Action Cards: 5

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire, N'orr's Tekklar Legion (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Wormhole Generator, Sarween Tools, Fighter II, Carrier II, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 10
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Support for the Throne, Mentak's Promise of Protection (Trade Agreement, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Graviton Laser System, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, PDS II, Space Dock II, Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    X - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Sakulag (Hazardous, 3R, 2I, Terraforming Initiative)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Sardakk N'orr (Preda)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 5

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire, Winnu's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Carrier II, Fighter II, Exotrireme II

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

Agenda Effects
    Terraforming Intiative - Attached to Sakulag. The resource and influence values of this planet are increased by 1.
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Winnu. After Winnu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 trade good for each player that is their neighbor.
    Representative Government - Players cannot exhaust planets to cast votes during the agenda phase; each player may cast 1 vote on each agenda instead.
    Minister of Industry - Held by Naalu. When Naalu places a space dock in a system, their units in that system may use their Production abilities.
    Wormhole Reconstruction - All systems that contain either an alpha or beta wormhole are adjacent to each other.
    Anti-Intellectual Revolution - After a player researches a technology, they must destroy 1 of their non-fighter ships.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo): (0) Technology
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): (1) Leadership
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn): (2) Diplomacy
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda): (3) Politics
    The Winnu (discrider): (5) Trade
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody): (8) Imperial Current Player

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Oh right.
    There's those TG too.

edited July 2018
    Activate Quann system.
    Move in flagship (grav drive) edit: plus 2 fighters, 2 dreads + 1 carrier + 5 fighters + 1 infantry from Vefut

@ketar for response

MrBody on
    The relief fleet for the Naalu has arrived! ^_^

MrBody wrote: »
    Activate Quann system.
    Move in flagship (grav drive), 2 dreads + 1 carrier + 5 fighters + 1 infantry from Vefut

@ketar for response

How are you getting there?
    I do not see an empty warp point anywhere.

Oh.
    Quann.
    I'd Skilled Retreat that @Ketar.
    Twice if possible

edited July 2018
    Run, from the glorious Naalu liberation force!

edited orders to have flagship bring all the fighters with it

MrBody on
    You should still trade with me @MrBody
    We have the treaties all drafted and formalised already.

Not much I can do about this one. It would have been better for everyone if I had been able to use this dread for something else before MrBody made his move on me, but alas.

Declare a retreat to Wellon when combat begins, if the infantry can be moved with the dread. I feel like there was something that came up in the other game that made MrBlarney decide that was ok. If not, then no retreat.

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    You can pick up and carry infantry per your capacity during a retreat. The only caveats are that it means the infantry is in space during combat, and thus can be lost during space combat. Skilled Retreat works the same way.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    Ok. Declare that retreat to Wellon when combat begins then.

no cards to play.
    @MrBlarney