As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    if you can clear nodes in the last wing of the void you can probably handle sorties. Sometimes you get some particularly bullshit conditions or particular assassination targets that are awful scaled up to level 100 though. I have had a Bad Time with sortie Vay Hek and sortie Ambulas, and the sortie version of the derelict assassination monster took like half an hour.

Also watch out for very smart people who bring very tricked-out lightning guns and other such "kill everything on the screen" tools to radiation hazard missions.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Yesterday's Mobile Defense with Radiation Danger and the previous day's Hyena Assassination with Increased Shields and Magnetic Damage were serious bummers. Doable, but not remotely fun.

Lots of low MR people quickly exiting the mission after the nth death from nothing they could have reasonably discerned.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    if you can clear nodes in the last wing of the void you can probably handle sorties. Sometimes you get some particularly bullshit conditions or particular assassination targets that are awful scaled up to level 100 though. I have had a Bad Time with sortie Vay Hek and sortie Ambulas, and the sortie version of the derelict assassination monster took like half an hour.

Also watch out for very smart people who bring very tricked-out lightning guns and other such "kill everything on the screen" tools to radiation hazard missions.

<3 Valkyr and not giving a shit about friendly fire. I can't be irradiated and they can't hurt me.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dronus86 wrote: »
    guys this game is pretty fun, idk if you knew that

How 'good' should I be before I start trying Sorties? I feel like I'm in an okay place right now but I really need orokin catalysts, orokin reactors, endo, riven mods.. basically everything.
    I think a tater'd loadout is probably all you really need, and some degree of picking the right frame for the job, if you can. Even if you're a bit weaker than you might be meant to be, there's a good chance the PUGs will just carry you.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    So I'm now a rank 1 initiate, rolling around at the speed of sound around the plains of eidolon, and bought the skana plans so I can make that sword I should've picked and I guess I'm all in on Warframe now.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Outside of the couple warframe slots suggested to pick up with your starting platinum, what are some other good investments early on?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Saturated color palette.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Outside of the couple warframe slots suggested to pick up with your starting platinum, what are some other good investments early on?
    Weapon slots. Just save your plat for when you want more space for shit.

• Options
    looks like the ash prime apology tour has gone out now, I got mine

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I left the stream running the better part of the day, 160p and muted - it actually worked fine, got my Ash pretty quick. Wonder what went wrong for some people.

• Options
    I think the gist of what they said happened was there were so many people watching the tennocon panel that their server that gets the information from twitch's servers got overloaded and a lot of people's "this account met the criteria" notices were lost in the shuffle.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I would like to get added back to the clan

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Well, used my - 75% off coupon.

Immediately purchased all the colour palettes.

Priorities.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I would like to get added back to the clan

PC presumably, what's the Warframe in game name?

Edit: man, we haven't had this kind of return or influx since the plains came out. Tennocon bringing the hype.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I didn't even know about these special event stuff until after I decided to try the game out. It was just weird coincidental timing.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I did not know about tennocon, i just jumped back in nmqnd and saw i no longet had a clan

• Options
    The volume of people joining the main PC clan currently is such that if you haven't logged in for a couple weeks you are pretty likely to be kicked to free up a slot for someone who's asked to join. If that happens you ask for a reinvite and the next person on the bottom of the most recently logged in list gets kicked.

Having tiers of clan sizes makes sense for clan events that I am told have happened in the past but it sure does make clan management a pain in the ass.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Any chance I could get an invite to the PS4 guild, if there's an opening?

TwoTimesaDingo

I will send you an invite now.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Ok so the ascension ceremony for the PS4 clan is active now. Not sure how it got started but everyone on PS4 needs to login now and head to the dojo and touch the glowing thing in the main hall for 9k endo. @TOGSolid please update the thread title. Anyone who is thinking about joining the PS4 clan needs to go ahead and send me their PSN so they can get it. We have plenty of room so come on in!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Ok so the ascension ceremony for the PS4 clan is active now. Not sure how it got started but everyone on PS4 needs to login now and head to the dojo and touch the glowing thing in the main hall for 9k endo. @TOGSolid please update the thread title. Anyone who is thinking about joining the PS4 clan needs to go ahead and send me their PSN so they can get it. We have plenty of room so come on in!

It's too late to get in on the ascension endo though, you have to wait a week after joining a clan to claim it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I wonder, would it be worth to start up another clan on the PC side of things? Maybe a clan for more casual players? From my understanding, the clans can all join the same alliance, right?

• Options
    You can't get the endo unless you've already been in the clan for a week IIRC from when the PC clan leveled up right after I joined :P

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I wonder, would it be worth to start up another clan on the PC side of things? Maybe a clan for more casual players? From my understanding, the clans can all join the same alliance, right?

We have several clans already, most of which would probably be willing to take some overflow members. @kralizecc and I both run clans in the alliance for example, though he's better about actually inviting people to his.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

We have several clans already, most of which would probably be willing to take some overflow members. @kralizecc and I both run clans in the alliance for example, though he's better about actually inviting people to his.

Yep, my in-game name is severenn, and I think I've still got a couple slots left if anyone needs a spot.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »
    Ok so the ascension ceremony for the PS4 clan is active now. Not sure how it got started but everyone on PS4 needs to login now and head to the dojo and touch the glowing thing in the main hall for 9k endo. TOGSolid please update the thread title. Anyone who is thinking about joining the PS4 clan needs to go ahead and send me their PSN so they can get it. We have plenty of room so come on in!

It's too late to get in on the ascension endo though, you have to wait a week after joining a clan to claim it.

I just looked it up and it is actually a number of days equal to your clan level. So since we are going to 9 only people who have been in the clan 9 days. Oh well. Still anyone new is welcome! Even if you are not sure if you will stick it out feel free to join up, we have some room.

furlion on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I got up to what seems like the final ‘tutorial’ mission last night, fighting Vor. Having a bit more fun.

How different do the frames that you pay platinum for play? There’s a couple I’m looking at because they look totally rad.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I'm curious, I got the Trinity Prime frame from my Twitch account too. Am I correct in believing it's kind of a support frame, at least as far as it's abilities go?

If by support you mean Melee goddess, then yes.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I got up to what seems like the final ‘tutorial’ mission last night, fighting Vor. Having a bit more fun.

How different do the frames that you pay platinum for play? There’s a couple I’m looking at because they look totally rad.

You don't have to pay platinum for any frame or weapon. You can if you want to, but they can all be earned via in-game currency/crafting/grinding.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Every frame and weapon is obtainable through other means than spending platinum, you can get parts to construct most of the frames from drops from specific bosses and as quest rewards and such. For example the boss on Venus drops the blueprints to make the parts of the Rhino frame. You run that boss fight enough times that you get at least one each of the chassis, systems and neuroptics parts blueprints, make those in your foundry, then combine them with the main rhino blueprint you buy off the store for credits rather than platinum to make the actual warframe. Bosses that drop parts like that drop one of the three at random each run so it can take a fair number of runs if you're unlucky but it's not that bad.

Although if you do farm up rhino specifically, his parts require some resources you don't see until... Jupiter I think, to construct them.

The thing you DO have to spend platinum on is more slots to hold extra warframes and weapons so you don't have to sell some you want to keep around to make room for new ones. And cosmetics and color palettes.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Every frame and weapon is obtainable through other means than spending platinum, you can get parts to construct most of the frames from drops from specific bosses and as quest rewards and such. For example the boss on Venus drops the blueprints to make the parts of the Rhino frame. You run that boss fight enough times that you get at least one each of the chassis, systems and neuroptics parts blueprints, make those in your foundry, then combine them with the main rhino blueprint you buy off the store for credits rather than platinum to make the actual warframe. Bosses that drop parts like that drop one of the three at random each run so it can take a fair number of runs if you're unlucky but it's not that bad.

Although if you do farm up rhino specifically, his parts require some resources you don't see until... Jupiter I think, to construct them.

The thing you DO have to spend platinum on is more slots to hold extra warframes and weapons so you don't have to sell some you want to keep around to make room for new ones. And cosmetics and color palettes.

But you don't have to buy platinum yourself. You can instead grind for relics, open the relics doing rift missions to get prime weapon/frame parts, then take the parts and sell them to other players for plat. Then you can use that to buy whatever you want from the marketplace.

This game's f2p model is pretty great if you're willing to grind a bit.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

What you should do is poke anyone in the clan/alliance chat and ask: How do I get X frame and can anyone help me?

And you should have no problem getting your new frame.

Do keep in mind most of us will 2 shot a boss to make the mission as fast as possible, because you will have to run it multiple times to get all the parts.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    And if you are newish and going through the game for the first time you'll receive one time rewards for completing certain tasks. These rewards are usually fairly valuable and can be sold to other players for a nice stack of platinum. Or you can just keep em. I didn't. :razz:

Warframe Market is where everyone goes to check prices. Mind you the prices are really more ballpark then a fixed price, but it helps to give you an idea of how much something might be worth.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Also this won't be important to you for a while but the frames you get parts for from quests can't be reacquired again if you sell them without buying them for plat, so be careful about making and selling those if you're tight on warframe slots.

Also don't buy plat unless you have a 50 or 75% discount from the random login bonus.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Have they roll out the melee update yet?

• Options
    Have they roll out the melee update yet?

Not yet. It'll be awhile I figure, since it seems like a huge change

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Is the Melee Update... 'You spin around constantly!'? Cause that's all I try and want to do.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Checking in on PS4. ZokuGojira. You have my space axe.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Is the Melee Update... 'You spin around constantly!'? Cause that's all I try and want to do.

No, the melee update is supposed to make that less attractive

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Aegis wrote: »
    Well, used my - 75% off coupon.

Immediately purchased all the colour palettes.

Priorities.
    on the other owl, I got a 75% coupon on day 2 and analysis paralysis'd for two days and it faded away
    Also don't buy plat unless you have a 50 or 75% discount from the random login bonus.
    sucks I can't do this on ps4

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    I thought the primary purpose was to address the melee stance and combo system? As it stands now it is rarely beneficial to use any of the combos other then mash attack as fast at possible.