As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I thought the primary purpose was to address the melee stance and combo system? As it stands now it is rarely beneficial to use any of the combos other then mash attack as fast at possible.

Well, that and maiming strike, though they already nerfed that particular brand of silly into the ground I think? Where someone would just take a whip, max the range bonus, and go WHEEEEEEEE auto crits across the floor affirming that yes, everything blends.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    yeah they nerfed maiming strike+long weapon hitboxes+primed reach by making melee weapons do a line of sight check before they do damage

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Spoit wrote: »
    Is the Melee Update... 'You spin around constantly!'? Cause that's all I try and want to do.

No, the melee update is supposed to make that less attractive

It will still be attractive because the slide-by attack is still one of the most movement to attack efficient ways of fighting. I think long range whip like weapons and sword/chain combo dancing is the close second. Same goes with polearm coptering. It's just too easy to get combos off by adding in a ground slide hit.

What they are nerfing is the crazy cumulative bonus maiming strike builds gain from this. Mostly by putting a hard cap on combo counters and giving instead more ways to sustain max bonus. No idea how Naramon and other bonus building tricks will factor into this. I'm sure someone will find the new red crit meta in there somewhere.

My gut feeling is we'll see a lot more multi-status + condition overload builds.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Is the Melee Update... 'You spin around constantly!'? Cause that's all I try and want to do.

No, the melee update is supposed to make that less attractive

They should probably make less dangly bit things that I can hang on my weapons/frame then.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    edit: never mind

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I thought the primary purpose was to address the melee stance and combo system? As it stands now it is rarely beneficial to use any of the combos other then mash attack as fast at possible.

There is one stance for stuff like the Galatine where learning the combo matters, but yeah, stances are mostly useless otherwise.
    Polaritie wrote: »

Well, that and maiming strike, though they already nerfed that particular brand of silly into the ground I think? Where someone would just take a whip, max the range bonus, and go WHEEEEEEEE auto crits across the floor affirming that yes, everything blends.

Maiming Strike is still pretty bonkers, just a little less so.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Aegis wrote: »
    Well, used my - 75% off coupon.

Immediately purchased all the colour palettes.

Priorities.

You know, I got multiple 75% things, but I only really bought two color palettes. I feel they cover most stuff I wanted to do. The rest goes to potatos, slots, and avoiding grind (such as just plain buying Khora because fuck sanctuary onslaught with a rake).

I just wish there were better syandanas to buy with plat. most of the better ones seem to be steambux only.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Wish there was a way to sort through all my relics

Is there any way to get the missing frost and ember prime parts I need? I'm 75% there on both.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wish there was a way to sort through all my relics

Is there any way to get the missing frost and ember prime parts I need? I'm 75% there on both.
    If you don't have the relics for them you'll either have to buy the parts off another player, wait for them to get unvaulted again (assuming that being unvaulted again is a thing that's a thing), or hope you get them from someone else's relics during a fissure mission.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    more like memeing strike, am i right

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    haha i got an ash prime and I don't even have a twitch prime account

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    also i got a 50% voucher and I finally caved and bought a bunch instead of waiting until the 75% off

• LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    haha i got an ash prime and I don't even have a twitch prime account

Had nothing to do with twitch prime.

Because their servers coudn't handle the number of people watching the stream they changed so everyone with a twitch linked acc that had logged in the last 7 days got Ash P instead.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Really lucky i decided to make a twitch account, and link it, for future use.
    And now i have an Ash Prime.
    huh...

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I’ve seen a lot of people both in game and on warframe sites in general asking how to build Ash Prime. The best way, in my opinion, is just to grab the Fatal Teleport mod and use a dagger with Covert Lethality. Then just build him like you would any other frame. Use Bladestorm (4) for group killin’ and Fatal Teleport (3) for single target murder, as it guarantees a kill with a covert lethality dagger.

This setup is also one of the most efficient ways of farming The Index as well, since you just target an enemy from way far away, hit 3 and collect the points.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXFtrQDWyQA

This video is both a decent build (from using it) and hilariously over-produced.

We still quote it in party chat: "High level cwontent."

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Well nuts, I both watched the stream and logged in in the past week but didn't get Ash Prime. Guess I need to get a ticket filed.

wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Well nuts, I both watched the stream and logged in in the past week but didn't get Ash Prime. Guess I need to get a ticket filed.

Did you link your twitch login?

• Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    one friend and I got into Warframe

and in the past 2 weeks we've gotten 4 other people into Warframe

guys this might be a problem

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I seem to get the 20% once a month, which is good enough to get me to throw 17 CAD at them for 370 or so plat. Tomorrow in a four hour window Valkyr Prime, Banshee Prime and Ivara are all going to finish. It's like coming down christmas morning and not knowing which new toy to play with. Probably Banshee, I think she was the first frame I ever made.

Nosf wrote: »
    I seem to get the 20% once a month, which is good enough to get me to throw 17 CAD at them for 370 or so plat. Tomorrow in a four hour window Valkyr Prime, Banshee Prime and Ivara are all going to finish. It's like coming down christmas morning and not knowing which new toy to play with. Probably Banshee, I think she was the first frame I ever made.

I used my only banshee prime chassis so far on syndicates and sorely need anotuer to make her. A bit jealous.

All three of those are fun to play so...

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Yeah, i need Oberon Prime chassis for Suda, and somehow despite being common didn't get one from the 4 or so relics I had - instead I got the rare, without doing anything. Figures!

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    I've done 5 sorties and gotten:

3 statues
    2 Kuva rewards

Like how the fuck even am I supposed to earn taters

I've done 5 sorties and gotten:

3 statues
    2 Kuva rewards

Like how the fuck even am I supposed to earn taters

Alerts/invasions, mainly. There's usually a 24 hour alert after dev streams for instance.

Sortie is only reliable for rivens/endo.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Stances? Combos? I logged in Warframe yesterday to pick up Ash Prime and I have no idea what's going on anymore as I look around the ship while a barrage of achievements spew out.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Stances? Combos? I logged in Warframe yesterday to pick up Ash Prime and I have no idea what's going on anymore as I look around the ship while a barrage of achievements spew out.

Stances are special melee mods that:
    a. Work kind of like Auras in that they give you more energy. Which is good.
    b. Have a series of moves in Melee mode (activated by holding down F) called combos (once you get a stance you can check out its combo moves in the melee weapon modding screen). A stance can also have an effect on the attack chain you make by using the melee button in regular mode (quick melee).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Riven mods from sorties are a myth.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Aegis wrote: »
    Riven mods from sorties are a myth.

Feels that way sometimes, but basically anything on the reward table is good for me atm while I'm low on endo.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    {Bamf Murder Ash}

This setup is also one of the most efficient ways of farming The Index as well, since you just target an enemy from way far away, hit 3 and collect the points.

I just want to say, I was skeptical, and it took me a couple runs to get the hang of it, but holy shit is this Ash/Fatal Teleport/Covert Lethality build good in the Index.

Like, I normally don't struggle anyway, but this turns runs into hot-knife-through-butter easy once you get the hang of it. Thanks Kon!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Finally, Mirage Prime BP drops from a relic. I've had the parts crafted for days.

Technically first Prime Frame in the oven. Not counting Ash Prime since he just...showed up.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Neat, was surprised to find there was a phone app for the game and collected the furis I had baking. Hoping tonight goes a little smoother, was having a rough go of things towards the latter end of Venus, because I don't have a lot of primary mods for my bow, so it takes several charged up shots to kill anything at this point. Also have the boltor being forged.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Neat, was surprised to find there was a phone app for the game and collected the furis I had baking. Hoping tonight goes a little smoother, was having a rough go of things towards the latter end of Venus, because I don't have a lot of primary mods for my bow, so it takes several charged up shots to kill anything at this point. Also have the boltor being forged.

Boltor is pretty good. Ask around for the basic mods for rifles (bows use rifle mods), most anyone has piles of them.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    In about 50 minutes from now (4:20 pdt, it's 3:30 now), I'm going to be running all three iedolons (attempting anyway) with folks new to it, I think there's one or two slots open if anyone wants to participate or just ride along

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    {Bamf Murder Ash}

I just want to say, I was skeptical, and it took me a couple runs to get the hang of it, but holy shit is this Ash/Fatal Teleport/Covert Lethality build good in the Index.

Like, I normally don't struggle anyway, but this turns runs into hot-knife-through-butter easy once you get the hang of it. Thanks Kon!

With the right mods to the build it's also uber good at level 100 Assassination Sorties.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    {Bamf Murder Ash}

With the right mods to the build it's also uber good at level 100 Assassination Sorties.

Not only is it extremely effective, it also feels appropriate thematically. Stealth sprint to the boss, dodging and evading the minions, maybe a bladestorm to sow chaos, it just feels good.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    For anyone who was hoping for a clean/no audience version of We All Lift Together, DE got our backs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTCq3LiZSE

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    {Bamf Murder Ash}

Aren't most of the sortie bosses immune to it? Either being non-humanoid like the raptor or hyenas, or having a bunch of annoying invincibility phases like infested salad v?

steam_sig.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    {Bamf Murder Ash}

Aren't most of the sortie bosses immune to it? Either being non-humanoid like the raptor or hyenas, or having a bunch of annoying invincibility phases like infested salad v?

Bosses are immune to fatal teleport. They are not immune to Seeking Shuriken.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    In about 50 minutes from now (4:20 pdt, it's 3:30 now), I'm going to be running all three iedolons (attempting anyway) with folks new to it, I think there's one or two slots open if anyone wants to participate or just ride along

dang, ill have to tag along next time that happens, havent tried the 3 eidolons yet and they drop some nice arcanes.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I've been playing a bit more this past week after taking a little break, and wow, the Khora grind is miserable. Putting two of the parts in the C-rotation is super goddamn rude, especially since more often than not I get grouped with folks that leave the mission after one rotation.

That said, Sanctuary seems like a much more fun experience/focus source than Hydron ever was. I've been Forma-ing my Exalted Umbra Blade for no good reason and have it decked out with some Condition Overload spiciness.