As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - July 10th, 2018

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - July 10th, 2018

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    I don't mind that there isn't really a joke in this one, I'm just really excited to finally get me grubby paws on dat 'Watch!

Whenever that happens for us international plebs.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I own the game, but I haven't managed to get my group of friends together to play yet.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Reminds me of an old Childs Play episode of PA the Series. It was during the auction and the item up for bid was a (I think) Legend of Zelda painting that Mike had done. It was hotly contested with bids because it was so awesome and everyone wanted it. Mike had to have Jerry take over because he got all choked up (as did I)

Nice to see the emotional reactions your favorite artists and creators can have to their work being enjoyed :)

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    rcattrcatt Registered User regular
    Yes. I am really looking forward to that delicious box showing up on my Canadian doorstep. I want to play quite badly.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    ...wait, who was murdered?!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    kayaskayas Registered User new member
    I missed the kickstarter and I was a bit bummed out. However, I received a signed copy of Thornwatch as a surprise late birthday gift and my friends and I played this during our annual BBQ on the 4th of July. Our group is one of discerning gaming tastes and skill levels yet as we drank our beverages, sleeved cards(penny sleeves to try it out) and chatted about days of yore with friends new and old, we learned this game quite easily and I have to say the reaction was more than positive. Thornwatch was quite pleasing to the eye as well as the touch and feel of the game as it was played. We had an "Intimidating" Sage who was not only intimidating to the monsters but to players alike. We all look forward to the next time we venture into Eyrewood for another installment. The love and passion for this game is clearly noticeable. I just wanted y'all to know that. You done good.

• Options
    Squire ToadSquire Toad Registered User regular
    I'm no longer a tabletop gamer, so I was thinking "What the hell is Thornwatch?". A little research, and I am (slightly) more knowledgeable now. Still, I have to wonder: is this for me? Do I know anyone who would want to play this with me? And how do I find out? Time to ask my knowledgeable friends over on [another very odd forum]; maybe they'll know. Very international, very smart, very assorted, very weird.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I'm no longer a tabletop gamer, so I was thinking "What the hell is Thornwatch?". A little research, and I am (slightly) more knowledgeable now. Still, I have to wonder: is this for me? Do I know anyone who would want to play this with me? And how do I find out? Time to ask my knowledgeable friends over on [another very odd forum]; maybe they'll know. Very international, very smart, very assorted, very weird.

My problem isn't so much "is this for me" as it is "is this for me and my friend group." Unfortunately, I think the latter is a "no" even if the former is a "yes." We barely scrape together enough time to finish our Charterstone game (only 4 games in since it came out!)

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I'm in a similar boat, other than my friend who I played a test-build of it at AusPAX back in 2014 and our wives, I don't think I'd get anyone else to give it a try. And my friend lives 2 hours away.

Still tempted to pick it up just because we did have so much fun with it.

Edit: Temptation over, it costs very nearly as much to ship it to Australia as it does to buy it.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    dennis wrote: »

My problem isn't so much "is this for me" as it is "is this for me and my friend group." Unfortunately, I think the latter is a "no" even if the former is a "yes." We barely scrape together enough time to finish our Charterstone game (only 4 games in since it came out!)

The good thing about Thornwatch is you can play it in like an hour.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »

The good thing about Thornwatch is you can play it in like an hour.

Thanks, Patrick. That's good to know and somehow I'd missed it even though I've watched an early playthrough. I think I may have more in my head about how the judge has to do than is in reality as well (I hate having to always be the "overseer" or "overlord" or whatever in games I own with that kind of setup because I know them best). I should watch the VOD of the playthrough. I really love games with a lot of theme to them so maybe I could swing it after all.