As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GoT][ASoIaF] It had its moments. (OPEN SPOILERS FOR S8, BEWARE)

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    graph

So, he'd be 72 and 84 on those two blue points. That's actually better than I expected.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    When I saw the news about the book being delayed CNN had a picture of Martin and I honestly assumed the worst.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    He wrote the books in the first place because he's a TV writer that thought his idea was too grand to film. Decades later... it's filmed. Honestly, I think Feast was difficult, but then HBO killed his remaining drive by giving him exactly what he always wanted. Dude is in a refractory period.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    He wrote the books in the first place because he's a TV writer that thought his idea was too grand to film. Decades later... it's filmed. Honestly, I think Feast was difficult, but then HBO killed his remaining drive by giving him exactly what he always wanted. Dude is in a refractory period.

Eh. The show isn't even remotely close to the books in terms of complexity. So I seriously doubt he thinks that somehow the show has "proven him wrong" in any meaningful sense.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Good news, everybody!

It looks like Miguel Sapochnik (Of Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards, and The Winds of Winter fame) will be coming back for episodes 3 and 5 in season 8.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Good news, everybody!

It looks like Miguel Sapochnik (Of Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards, and The Winds of Winter fame) will be coming back for episodes 3 and 5 in season 8.

FUCK yes.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    https://news.avclub.com/hbo-just-greenlit-a-new-game-of-thrones-prequel-series-1826680837

Prequel series set during the end of the Age of Heroes greenlit.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    https://news.avclub.com/hbo-just-greenlit-a-new-game-of-thrones-prequel-series-1826680837

Prequel series set during the end of the Age of Heroes greenlit.

That definitely sounds like one of the more interesting time periods for a prequel to take place. I'm p excited.

• Options
    Got the most Emmy nominations of anybody with 22. All three Lannisters got acting nominations (supporting). Handmaid's Tale took three of the other supporting actress nominations, unsurprisingly, so no Maisie or Clarke or whoever else you might think.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Just give em all the emmy's (emmies?)

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Rename 'em to Emilias!

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    They already have the only one they need, the Mother of Dragons.

Any more is just being greedy.

• Options
    Naomi Watts is your star of the prequel series. Playing who knows what, and if we follow precedent, dying at the end of episode nine.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    So, I guess politics and game of thrones are about to intersect. Trump posted an image in GoT font saying sanctions are coming, November 5th. Ayra, HBO, and George RR Martin weighted in. So expect this to become a thing and I wouldn't be surprised if people talk about boycotting it.

Edit I don't know how to embed so cnn link
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/02/entertainment/hbo-trump-game-of-thrones/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

https://mobile.twitter.com/Maisie_Williams/status/1058411693775171585?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1058411693775171585&ref_url=https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/entertainment/hbo-trump-game-of-thrones/index.html

RickRude on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Our president, ladies and gentlemen.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    We don't need Trump shit in this thread.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    The end is nigh.

April 2019, people. Mark your calendars!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Whoa, Dany can shoot fire out of her chest now?! Awesome!

• Options
    FEAR THE ALL POWERFUL FIRE BOOBS!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    FEAR THE ALL POWERFUL FIRE BOOBS!

While Emilia does have some rude ass titties, I never imagined them having ark of the covenant like powers. Melisandre's rack, maybe, but not Dany.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    By all means, lets ramp up the hype! But none of that footage is new, I don't think.

• Options
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    By all means, lets ramp up the hype! But none of that footage is new, I don't think.

No that’s all old footage. I just included the trailer so everyone could see the April date was the official one mentioned by HBO. Trailers with new footage will drop sometime after Christmas I should think.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I an 100% getting that Deck The Wall sweater. Holy shit, I love it.

• Options
    New Teaser Trailer! Don't get too excited. It's an abstract one, not one showing any new footage. Still... new teaser trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NspqGM0DbbQ

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, how well does HBO's streaming app work, for anyone that's used it?
    Cause I'm thinking I'm not reupping the subscription to the channel, but I do want to know how my dragon soap opera ends.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Cause I'm thinking I'm not reupping the subscription to the channel, but I do want to know how my dragon soap opera ends.

I assume it's the same ap that a cable subscriber uses to watch thru a tablet or whatever? If that's the case, my limited use has been pretty issue-free. Episode would be available to stream pretty much immediately as it started airing.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

It worked fine I did it to watch west world and worked fine quality wise. Stuff is available instantly as soon as it would show up on their main channel.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    The only time we ever have trouble is the very first episode of the season - sometimes the app/website suffers a bit right when the show comes on

So It Goes on
  • Options
    April 14 specifically is our return date.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    New trailer type thing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA38GCX4Tb0

Speculation spoiler
    It looks like Jon's statue is the only one that gets to grow old. Sansa's and Arya's look to be about the same age as they are in this trailer. Jon is going to end up being the only survivor of our main characters isn't he?

• Options
    OP updated to ensure people know open spoilers for the show.

• Options
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    New trailer type thing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA38GCX4Tb0

Speculation spoiler
    It looks like Jon's statue is the only one that gets to grow old. Sansa's and Arya's look to be about the same age as they are in this trailer. Jon is going to end up being the only survivor of our main characters isn't he?

I put as much stock in GoT teasers as I do Marvel trailers.

That is people tend to pick them over for details and base theories off of perceived symbols when they're usually a lot more straight-laced or even intentionally misleading.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    like, 99% sure thats not a scene from the next season.

this was made purely to fuck with the fans

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Plus it just looks that way because its easier to date a man by giving him a grizzly facial hair. I don't think they're gonna give Sanaa and arya a beard to show they got older. They just look refined.

• Options
    if you're gonna memorialize me in statue after I die please sculpt me in my prime, k thx

sculpt those wrinkles awayyyyy

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So It Goes wrote: »
    if you're gonna memorialize me in statue after I die please sculpt me in my prime, k thx

sculpt those wrinkles awayyyyy

But a beard's OK, right?

Edit:
    Yes, I know you're a woman. That's the joke.

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Pssssh arya
    can’t die because she’s already dead and that’s just a faceless man using her face

The show literally can’t prove otherwise so that’s my cannon

616610-1.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    That looks like something that was filmed specifcally for an advertisement.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Either way, hyyyyyyyyyyyyype. I hope it's good and not just a rush to kill off everyone and finish the story.

This discussion has been closed.