As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a [Doom/Quake]! id Software's Classic Legacy of Eternal Carnage

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Doom single player is amazing

However I'm at the part where I can only assume I have to fight a
    cyberdemon. I can tell because Big Sam mentioned casually that I need to remove something from it to get to hell and there is a fuckton of ammo and health in this room

Karl on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    That part is pretty great.

Who am I kidding? The whole game is pretty great.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Loved Hayden’s delivery of that. ‘Hehehe, you’re going to have to remove it’.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Christ that fight was tough

I blew my
    bfg load in the first phase so I had to use peasant conventional weapons in the second stage for most of it. Luckily there was one bfg pick up left that I used to stun the cyber demon whilst I emptied my chain gun in turret mode at it.

I may have yelled "DIE YOU MOTHER FUCKER" whilst this was taking place

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Christ that fight was tough

I blew my
    bfg load in the first phase so I had to use peasant conventional weapons in the second stage for most of it. Luckily there was one bfg pick up left that I used to stun the cyber demon whilst I emptied my chain gun in turret mode at it.

I may have yelled "DIE YOU MOTHER FUCKER" whilst this was taking place

I said the same shit in roughly the same manner my first playthrough.

God what a great boss battle.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Whoooo, tickets got for QuakeCon! My buddy and I are doing the BYOC, and we'll probably enter in the Quake Champions 2v2 tournament as well. We're not very good, but fuck it, it'll be fun anyway.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Loved Hayden’s delivery of that. ‘Hehehe, you’re going to have to remove it’.

I love everything that guy says. His cyber-voice is great.

"YOU CAN CALL ME SLAMUEL.'

I hope we see him make a comeback in Eternal, we can see how he and the UAC fucked everything up again.

H9f4bVe.png
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Don’t forget:

Samuel Hayden
    Sam Hayden
    S. Hayden
    Satan

steam_sig.png
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Just saw this on Shacknews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFiuRKPftoA&feature=youtu.be

Looks pretty cool. Also props for using a track from Wario Land: Shake It! for the trailer.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The Doom Eternal trailer is starting to pop up on videos on Facebook. It's the one time I don't just do something else until the ad finishes.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I’m hoping this time the QuakeCom reveal is public.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I’m hoping this time the QuakeCom reveal is public.

They said it would be at E3, so yay for that.

Usually when I've finished a single player game I just move on. I've found myself playing Doom almost every day, going back through levels to find all secrets. I just wrapped up finding all of the Argent cells, and I've nearly gotten all of the Elite guards as well. Something about the combat keeps bringing me back lately.

Just went through the destroyed argent facility level. I really hope Doom Eternal gives us environments like that, the burning facility in the background with the Argent stream flowing into the portal in the sky made for a really atmospheric level.

-Loki- wrote: »
    Usually when I've finished a single player game I just move on. I've found myself playing Doom almost every day, going back through levels to find all secrets. I just wrapped up finding all of the Argent cells, and I've nearly gotten all of the Elite guards as well. Something about the combat keeps bringing me back lately.

Just went through the destroyed argent facility level. I really hope Doom Eternal gives us environments like that, the burning facility in the background with the Argent stream flowing into the portal in the sky made for a really atmospheric level.

That's where I am currently! It's a super fucking cool level, and I like that I actually recognize the area from before even though it's different from all the fires and chaos.

JtgVX0H.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Makes me want to harvest

souls

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    august wrote: »

In the first spring

In the first harvest

When the crops first lengthened,
    One stood

He chose the path of perpetual farming,
    In his ravenous reaping, he found no peace.

And those who tasted the bite of his sickle
    Named him

CROP SLAYER

JtgVX0H.png
    That was from the video comments, I'm not clever enough to come up with stuff

JtgVX0H.png
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

I love the first comment.
    REAP AND SOW. UNTIL IT IS SPRING.

5gsowHm.png
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    BFG Division is the new Guile's Theme

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The only question now is where is the Dooming Simulator 2018, the mod where you grow legions of demons on your peaceful farm to fuel Hell's armies.

Wouldn't even remotely be the weirdest DOOM mod I've seen.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    The only question now is where is the Dooming Simulator 2018, the mod where you grow legions of demons on your peaceful farm to fuel Hell's armies.

Wouldn't even remotely be the weirdest DOOM mod I've seen.

You’re joking, but for DOOM 2016, there was a SnapMap level someone released that worked like Harvest Moon

They called it Harvest DOOM I think

Just beat Doom. Holy fuck, that was a wild ride and I want more of it. I hope there's going to be some hands-on stuff for Eternal at QuakeCon (I know there probably won't be, but it'd be rad if there was)

JtgVX0H.png
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Just beat Doom. Holy fuck, that was a wild ride and I want more of it. I hope there's going to be some hands-on stuff for Eternal at QuakeCon (I know there probably won't be, but it'd be rad if there was)

I still cannot believe that they never released single player DLC for doom. Effectively the response was...

THIS IS THE BEST SINGLE PLAYER FPS IN LIKE 20 YEARS! MORE MORE MORE PLEASE?

and I was like?

Multiplayer stuff you say? Have some multiplayer DLC!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    tbloxham wrote: »

I still cannot believe that they never released single player DLC for doom. Effectively the response was...

and I was like?

It's guessing everyone who made the Doom SP what it was immediately went to work on the sequel. All of the MP dlc was contracted out, IIRC.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

and I was like?

It's guessing everyone who made the Doom SP what it was immediately went to work on the sequel. All of the MP dlc was contracted out, IIRC.

Yeah. I don't think ID had any interest in making a multiplayer thing.

Though... 4 player PVE during PVP would totally f'n rule in Doom 2...

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Given how quickly we've gotten a DOOM sequel (less than ten years!) I'd say yeah, the reason we didn't get any single-player content was because all the effort was going into Eternal. Which I think is better, really.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    It’s crazy/sad that I continue to think MachineGames made the new Doom and not id software itself. I suppose because of how faceless id seems now in comparison to the days of yore.

Speaking of, I am also angry/impressed that I somehow missed that new Quake 1 episode that Machine Games did almost two years ago. I...I kinda wonder about that, and...well. Sure, they’re doing great things with Wolfenstein but...I wonder about their reasons for making a fifth episode for Quake 1 a LOT.

Doom's combat is a league above The New Order (which itself was decidedly better than what the New Collossus' combat wound up being.)

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I want 2 things and maybe a third from DOOM ETERNAL.

Co-op campaign

Chain glory kills

And maybe third, 4-8 player horde mode instead of pvp stuff.

Ok, and then a 4th, churches on Earth built to the Doomslayers with holy artifacts like double chainsaws and quad barreled shotguns.

Co-op campaign

Chain glory kills

Ok, and then a 4th, churches on Earth built to the Doomslayers with holy artifacts like double chainsaws and quad barreled shotguns.

I mean they should include pvp since it's a lot of fun, but they shouldn't focus on it exclusively when people obviously want other stuff too

JtgVX0H.png
    It’s crazy/sad that I continue to think MachineGames made the new Doom and not id software itself. I suppose because of how faceless id seems now in comparison to the days of yore.

Speaking of, I am also angry/impressed that I somehow missed that new Quake 1 episode that Machine Games did almost two years ago. I...I kinda wonder about that, and...well. Sure, they’re doing great things with Wolfenstein but...I wonder about their reasons for making a fifth episode for Quake 1 a LOT.

They're only faceless because you haven't watched Hugo's interview.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Co-op campaign

Doomguy stumbles upon a slipgate, activates it, and Ranger falls out. Then the two of them proceed to rek demon shit for the next twelve hours.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

why does this work so well

Co-op campaign

Chain glory kills

I mean they should include pvp since it's a lot of fun, but they shouldn't focus on it exclusively when people obviously want other stuff too

id didn't focus on anything, though. It was either going to be multiplayer DLC or nothing.

I never even played the MP component of DOOM 2016 because I had absolutely no desire to do so, but still... the MP didn't prevent any new SP content from coming out.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

Why is sterling archer working at a farm?

These latter seasons have really jumped the shark...

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Coop horde mode would be rad. Maybe even with a doom gal

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Coop horde mode would be rad. Maybe even with a doom gal

Doomguy stumbles upon a Vadrigar stasis chamber, deactivates it, and Crash falls out. Then the two of them proceed to rek demon shit for the next twelve hours.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    What did I not play: Ranger?

Xeddicus wrote: »
    What did I not play: Ranger?

Quakeguy