As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 3: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

1676869707173»

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I would have gotten up to 8 vp with a secret objective and the research one.

Thanks for hosting, @MrBlarney !

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    This game did not go as I expected, mostly because I was expecting a significantly less aggressive play.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Yeah, thanks @MrBlarney for hosting!

I felt like I had a really good setup there at the beginning, but way too many objectives ended up being to spend counters/trade goods while I didn't really have a setup capable of doing any of that. I figured more technology objectives would come along so I went all in on that, only to have a total of 1 technology objective drawn :(

Oh well, I smashed things up a bunch and at least left a mark on the game. Sorry to the space squids for attacking you at the end after such an enduring friendship, but I felt like just letting you win was the wrong thing to do, even if nobody else batted an eyelid against your rise the whole game :-/

• Options
    I kept on getting secret objectives that basically said “fuck with your neighbors “

Steam
  • Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    My 2 biggest mistakes were using Minister of Peace to save Ghosts, and then being unable to negotiate the Sabotage against my Experimental Battlestation. Other than those, I think I did everything I could. /shrug.

Thanks for hosting, @MrBlarney! And thanks for playing, @Zombie Hero @Lykouragh @38thDoe @El Skid @Brody!
    I look forward to another, if it happens again.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I was terrified of @mindflare77 using my spy back on me to stop me from winning. Also of someone stealing my command counters of trade goods so I hedged my bets and kept both of them. I probably should have taken Imperial again, I thought maybe I'd get attacked less if I took Technology.

Thank you for hosting @MrBlarney ! I Really enjoyed playing. Shame I probably will never be able to get this to the table. Also shame I can't get you all to the table, you were fun to play against/with @Zombie Hero @Lykouragh @El Skid @Brody

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I figured you had enough ways to score that I wasn't super concerned. If I could get a way to take my home planet, I'd win. Stopping you didn't matter. Seemed as though N'orr had more combat cards, so I gambled there.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    My other secret objectives were "have 3 space docks" and "win a battle with your flagship"... Both of which would have been totally doable. Sadly my plan (from the beginning) to build my flagship kept getting delayed by my desire for cruiser IIs and exotriremes to threaten other people's home planets and prevent the game from ending prematurely :(

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Good game everyone!

That's some pretty crazy S.O. draws.... I had "kill somebody's last ship in a system with PDS fire", "have 4 techs of the same color", and "have 5 dreadnoughts". Discard 5 ACS would have been nice :)

• Options
    I needed to have a ship in 6 different systems. The one prior to that was to have 4 pds. Neither were in the plans when I had them. Good game, all!

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    My last one was to have a ship adjacent to an enemy home system. I drew a couple of 'occupy MR' cards and laughed and laughed before I pitched them

Steam
  • Options
    Yeah. MR was always going to be a race between you and Sol. I figured sniping the point early was worth the loss of a carrier/infantry.

I really wanted to sit next to Sol's home system indefinitely, just to force them to potentially burn my Support for the Throne... But it became moot. /shrug.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Good game everyone!

That's some pretty crazy S.O. draws.... I had "kill somebody's last ship in a system with PDS fire", "have 4 techs of the same color", and "have 5 dreadnoughts". Discard 5 ACS would have been nice :)

Wow those all would have been awesome for me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Round 6: Status Phase / Game End

The Ghosts of Creuss: Use racial technology Wormhole Generator to move the Alpha Wormhole token to the Creuss Gate system.
    Score Objectives
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Claim public objective "Develop Weaponry" and secret objective "Adapt New Strategies". (VP 2 --> 4)
    Federation of Sol: Spend 3 counters from each of Tactic Pool and Strategy Pool (TP 3 --> 0, SP 3 --> 0) to claim public objective "Galvanize the People". (VP 6 --> 8)
    Sardakk N'orr: Claim secret objective "Cut Supply Lines". (VP 3 --> 4)
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Spend 2 counters from Tactic Pool and 4 counters from Strategy Pool to claim public objective "Galvanize the People"; discard Action Cards "Intercept", "Bunker", "Political Stability", "Lost Star Chart", and "Infiltrate" to claim secret objective "Form Spy Network". (TP 2 --> 0, SP 4 --> 0; AC 5 --> 0; VP 7 --> 10)

Having reached 10 victory points, the Universities of Jol-Nar are victorious!

Final Scores
    Universities of Jol-Nar - 10 VP
    The Emirates of Hacan - 8 VP
    Federation of Sol - 8 VP
    The Arborec - 6 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 4 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 4 VP

Victory Points and Objectives
    Public Objectives
    Develop Weaponry (1 VP): Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.: Sol, Jol-Nar, N'orr, Hacan, Creuss
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Jol-Nar, Sol, Hacan, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: Hacan, Arborec, N'orr
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.: Hacan, Sol, Jol-Nar
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Jol-Nar, Arborec, N'orr, Creuss, Sol
    Found a Golden Age (2 VP): Spend 16 resources.
    Galvanize the People (2 VP): Spend a total of 6 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Arborec, Sol, Jol-Nar
    3 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Emirates of Hacan: Learn Secrets of the Cosmos (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly.
    Forge an Alliance (Status Phase, 1 VP): Control 4 cultural planets.
    1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Arborec: Monopolize Production (Status Phase, 1 VP): Control 4 industrial planets.
    Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and 1 or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 3 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.
    2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: Cut Supply Lines (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in the same system as another player's Space Dock.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Adapt New Strategies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Own 2 faction technologies.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Hacan.
    Imperial Primary Ability (1 VP): Claimed by Sol once (Round 2).
    Hacan's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Sol.
    Creuss' Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Jol-Nar.
    Imperial Rider (1 VP): Successful prediction by Hacan.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I forgot to post this before, but I might as well crosspost this now, from the other game:

Thanks to everyone who played. I can't believe we got through this game in just a little over three months, yowza. I'm probably gonna take a break from running Twilight Imperium for a while, I think I'd like to try running something else first. I was thinking of Argent: The Consortium before I decided to just run Twilight Imperium again, but recently I've been thinking about going for something on the trending list like Root. They have a PbP out, so it might make it easier to set things up. One of the reasons I didn't run Argent: The Consortium was because I needed to put together a lot of assets. Well, we'll see.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Thank you so much for hosting as always MrBlarney! Makes my year every time :)

• Options
    Thanks so much for hosting, MrBlarney, it's great and we really appreciate it!

8BFpSWC.png