As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West Challenge Coin 2018 (updated July 10th, 2018 with Order Form)

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Did last year's coin have that epoxy thing for the color version? It felt a little weird. So this year we won't have it?

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    I am fairly certain that there will not be epoxy this year. However, I could be wrong about this.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    smashilatorsmashilator Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    Ordered, yet again

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Coins ordered! :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Same!!

PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Here is the updated concept art from Kidder Corp themselves.
    unj9sc5fv1it.jpg

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    anettie76 wrote: »
    Did I miss why we were using PAX Prime versus PAX West? I know the history of the name, I just wondered if we were using Prime to stay true to the origin of the event, even though we used PAX West the last 2 years. (I'm referring to proofs shown above.) I have no complaints about the coin, I was only curious. I love it and think I will get one of each as well. Thank you for your efforts.

Thank you for pointing that out. I have alerted Kiddercorp which hopefully will make the change the design for us before printing any. I have sent them an email and am currently waiting to hear back. Will let you know what happens.

Yep, this is a great reason to always post the proof here. Having a bunch of eyes makes sure errors get fought quickly.
    (Although I wouldn’t have minded that one getting through. Prime forever!)

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Ordered mine! Thanks again for the hard work!

• Options
    edited July 2018
    @Nfan10039 I'm a bit confused about how shipping figures into all this.

Edit: Nm, I figured it out, I think.

However, if we do pickup at PAX how does that work?

Dracil on
  • Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    @Nfan10039 I'm a bit confused about how shipping figures into all this.

Edit: Nm, I figured it out, I think.

However, if we do pickup at PAX how does that work?

I think you pay that initial shipping cost either way... I could be wrong about this, but not sure. It's better for Canadians and people from out of country to pick them up at PAX even if you account for US domestic shipping. However, for you Yanks, I'm not sure. Seems like shipping them to your own address would be more beneficial.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Done!!!!!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Alright, put in my order. Does this mean Kidder Corp will just ship directly to our address then? Though if that's the case, I'm not entirely sure why we need the google docs then if proper info is filled out in the PayPal transaction.

First year a group of friends are joining me at PAX so I'm gonna slap them each with a coin and maybe get some drinks going during the con.

Dracil on
  • Options
    Oh crap, may want to add another coin. Not sure what to do in this case.

• Options
    Oh crap, may want to add another coin. Not sure what to do in this case.

I can alter the docs as needed and email Kiddercorp as to this. Just make sure you pm me and pay Kiddercorp more mulah.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Edit: Probably should just take this to PM

Dracil on
  • Options
    mnemonictutormnemonictutor A Mnemonic Tutor in Silicon Valley DominariaRegistered User regular
    Just ordered my coins (one color, one regular). Can't wait to get them!

qbqtLfO.png
  • Options
    @Nfan10039 Not sure if you're getting notifications for PMs so I'm noting it here, but I went ahead with the 2nd transaction.

• Options
    @Nfan10039 Not sure if you're getting notifications for PMs so I'm noting it here, but I went ahead with the 2nd transaction.

I have been getting them. I have been busy though, and this was probably a wise decision on your part. I shall notify Kiddercorp today (time permitting).

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Ordered mine. Thanks

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Coins ordered! :)

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    Coins Ordered! WOOT! :D

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    Kaollasu78Kaollasu78 Portland, OrRegistered User regular
    Any update on when they'll be delivered?

919eoupaoo36.png
  • Options
    I haven't heard anything from kiddercorp. However, one of their wonderful staff members has looked at the spreadsheet for the orders, so that must be some good news at the very least.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Options

o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    ImZelkovaImZelkova Registered User regular
    Coins ordered, badges arrived, everything's looking great from my end. Thanks for setting all this up Nfan!

d2kwAWv.png
  • Options
    Do we know when these will be shipping out?

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

• Options
    Nope

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Options
    DrewsGFXDrewsGFX Registered User regular
    Think the first batch of these will send out before the event? Have a few extra ordered to give out at West. If not, no biggie, but would definitely be nice.

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So we pulled a 2011 and went with a 2" coin huh?

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have any extra non-colored coins from last year's PAX West?

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Coins ordered. Thank you for putting these together.

• Options
    Any updates on shipping of these?

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

• Options
    Yeah, if we're gonna get this before PAX I think they need to be shipped fairly soon?

• Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    So we pulled a 2011 and went with a 2" coin huh?

Wait what? I don't recall there being discussion about this, and looking at the proof, it looks like you're right.

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, if we're gonna get this before PAX I think they need to be shipped fairly soon?

Last year, we got them after PAX was done, but it didn't make it any less exciting. I just wanted to tell ya so you're not disappointed if they don't come before.

anettie76 on
    5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    From what I can see in the spreadsheet, it looks like something is happening with the shipping. I believe that at the very least, everyone who ordered through pickup should receive them at PAX(I hope...). There is something happening with the coins, since there are now colours on the spreadsheet which weren't there a while back.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Options
    SkeloticSkelotic Registered User regular
    Just got a shipment notification. The tracking page hasn't updated yet but the email said the delivery estimate was 2 days.

jokfidrftcm4.png

• Options
    Please check your emails. If you got an email from me, please send me a reply at your earliest convenience.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yep, just got the shipment notification too!
    anettie76 wrote: »

Last year, we got them after PAX was done, but it didn't make it any less exciting. I just wanted to tell ya so you're not disappointed if they don't come before.
    Yeah I got the coins last year too. But this year... I don't think my friends read this forum but in case you do, don't read this:
    my plan is to surprise my friends who are finally going with me by slapping a coin in their hand at PAX.

Dracil on
  • Options
    If you guys don't mind me asking what kind of shipping notifications are you getting?

o8VqzID.png