As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] "I'm only dooting you because I can't doot myself."

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Man, it's like most tanks are allergic to standing on a point.

Dps and supports on both sides having a mosh pit on the boss cap point. Tanks of to the side arm wrestling.

I love it when I set up on an objective as offlaner and my team zones and plays defensively runs after the enemy and dives 4v5 below their fort.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    qg7iepi30rsk.png

Yrel might be a little too strong. Just a little!

The enemy team just let me get constant 2-3 people E+D+Q hits off, which does stack up the damage a fair bit.

Yrel brought me back to the game. She is almost exactly what I want out of a hero and I'm having a blast with her. She could stand to get tuned a bit, but I hope she doesn't get nerfed too far into the ground.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Disheartening comment of the day:

Wife (after my HL loss): "Wait, you're still Silver 3? Your rank never changes."
    Me: *sob*

4-ever Silver :(

Yeah, I've had to come to terms with the fact that there are things I see happening or things that I want to do in the game that I simply no longer have the reaction time to manage anymore. It's like my reflexes are now set to 500 ping...

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

Wife (after my HL loss): "Wait, you're still Silver 3? Your rank never changes."

Yeah, I've had to come to terms with the fact that there are things I see happening or things that I want to do in the game that I simply no longer have the reaction time to manage anymore. It's like my reflexes are now set to 500 ping...

I wish I had 500 ping reactions to stop people from drafting. No, your Tracer isn't a "great split pusher" or your Alarak choice on BoE doesn't "work well on this map."

Then I wish I could upgrade Garrosh's Ally Throw to toss them out of fights and into lanes. After that, I want to add barricades that stop people from leaving the lanes or going past the halfway point without asking for permission.

OK, REAL TALK TIME!

I had a game last night with all of us in voice. A teammate said:

Teammate 1: "Did you know, that prior to level 3, you get more XP from clearing a minion wave then killing a hero?"
    Me: "Yeah."
    Teammates 2-4: "WHA?!!!"

FML. I mean, good on Teammate 1 for spreading the knowledge, but COME ON PEOPLE!!!
    Edit: I fully blame Blizzard for not having a good, built-in tutorial to explain shit like that.
    I hate being in Silver.
    I'm never getting out am I?
    Gold probably isn't much better...

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Long were the days when I played SC and had no problem hitting 250-300 apm.

Yeah nowadays there's no way I could play at that level anymore.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    or your Alarak choice on BoE doesn't "work well on this map."

Well, I know who's been watching Dunktrain. (He works because he gets lots of lightning stacks in a four-man mirror and can shove people into Immortal stuns, both of which require pretty good mechanics to actually get much use out of.)

In unrelated news, offlane Stitches needs a be a thing more often. He can't lose any lane because at 4 he just kills the wave in two Ws and can hang back otherwise, he can E off poke, and then you get the bullshit of hook and (on certain maps) gorge to cheese with later in the game.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular

I worked in a residential center for about 4 years, and I remember this time when this real athletic kid was causing a bunch of problems down in the cafeteria, so I went down to help get it sorted out. I got him to come back to the unit with me. Dude was shitty about something that had happened, I don't remember, but he was pretty amped up so I was just being cool with him. He said we should race back to the unit, and I was like, "Look, man; you're half my age and built like a greyhound, so if you beat me, nobody is going to be surprised. And if I somehow beat you, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL TELL EVERYONE I BEAT YOU FOREVER. So no matter what happens, it doesn't end well for you."

But he wanted to race me, so I was like, okay, fuck it. I was carrying my clipboard and a bunch of paperwork at the time, and after I counted down from 3 to 1, I tossed all my shit in front of his legs and hauled ass down the hallway. He tripped a bit and lost a second getting into full stride, which ended up being all the edge I needed to beat him back to his unit.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is, like, just because your opponent's more physically capable than you are, that doesn't mean you can't still win by playing smart. In Hots, for me, it all comes down to the draft: when I see hard-ass engage heroes, I draft as beefy as possible, because I know the dude playing Genji's probably half my age with reflexes like an actual fucking ninja, and I'm a 34 year old married father of four -- there's no way I can beat that shit straight-up; I have tank up and hope that's enough to carry me through.

milk ducks wrote: »

I worked in a residential center for about 4 years, and I remember this time when this real athletic kid was causing a bunch of problems down in the cafeteria, so I went down to help get it sorted out. I got him to come back to the unit with me. Dude was shitty about something that had happened, I don't remember, but he was pretty amped up so I was just being cool with him. He said we should race back to the unit, and I was like, "Look, man; you're half my age and built like a greyhound, so if you beat me, nobody is going to be surprised. And if I somehow beat you, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL TELL EVERYONE I BEAT YOU FOREVER. So no matter what happens, it doesn't end well for you."

But he wanted to race me, so I was like, okay, fuck it. I was carrying my clipboard and a bunch of paperwork at the time, and after I counted down from 3 to 1, I tossed all my shit in front of his legs and hauled ass down the hallway. He tripped a bit and lost a second getting into full stride, which ended up being all the edge I needed to beat him back to his unit.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is, like, just because your opponent's more physically capable than you are, that doesn't mean you can't still win by playing smart. In Hots, for me, it all comes down to the draft: when I see hard-ass engage heroes, I draft as beefy as possible, because I know the dude playing Genji's probably half my age with reflexes like an actual fucking ninja, and I'm a 34 year old married father of four -- there's no way I can beat that shit straight-up; I have tank up and hope that's enough to carry me through.

That reminds me of a framed quote a friend of mine's grandma had:

"Youth and skill will always be defeated by age and treachery."

I don't know how many times I've quoted that in my life. So true.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular

You just need to work on converting your dad reflexes into something you can use in game!

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
    edited July 2018
    Maximum butt-rage from their Zul'jin, who took Headhunter and his team never scored a single kill, lol.

37246852_10156798055190864_4608403843074490368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=78e54fdaae393b1ae80e8a03cbdf1868&oe=5BDD5433

At one point, he stepped up to me in top lane, just to get Gorged back behind our walls. He popped Taz'dingo and tried so hard to kill me but surprise; I'm 4 levels up with a massive, instantaneous self-heal, man. But nice try, though. Dude just really wanted that one Headhunter stack, though.

milk ducks on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    blizzard really needs to get the fuck off their "2 weeks balance patch" high horse if they're going to release hero changes with winrates north of 60 fucking percent. raynor is just god damned ridiculous.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    blizzard really needs to get the fuck off their "2 weeks balance patch" high horse if they're going to release hero changes with winrates north of 60 fucking percent. raynor is just god damned ridiculous.

yeah i've been saying this since forever

it happened with fenix and maiev too

it's fucking absurd trying to play with those characters being a thing, in that kind of state

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    oh well, won my first hl game of the season against a butcher who was finished his quest at level 7 and a medivh on my team that died at 30 stacks 4 times and only finished as i was killing the core with the dragon knight. that feels like it shouldn't have happened.

holding their zuljin to 7 stacks until level 13 while also keeping the top cap the entire time was pretty satisfying.

aeNqQM9.jpg

Normally I'd agree, but Jimmy earned this time in the spotlight. When his nerfs hit, I expect them to go overboard.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited July 2018

Normally I'd agree, but Jimmy earned this time in the spotlight. When his nerfs hit, I expect them to go overboard.

nah

look at fenix, look at maiev

they've kept eating rounds and rounds of small nerfs because they don't go overboard anymore

fenix is STILL ridiculous and still needs more nerfs

if that's anything to go by jimmy will be pretty OP for some time to come

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    When you're stitches and you friendly hook a maiev that has multiple people tethered, it is complete bullshit that they only move the same set distance.

Boooo

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    RIP stitchergies

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

nah

look at fenix, look at maiev

they've kept eating rounds and rounds of small nerfs because they don't go overboard anymore

fenix is STILL ridiculous and still needs more nerfs

if that's anything to go by jimmy will be pretty OP for some time to come

I expect Raynor to be a lot easier to nerf then either of those others. Especially Maiev.

ab1zfrv77bkb.jpg

There is so much wrong with this result, I don't even know where to begin. The enemy starts with Sylvannas pick followed by Probius and Kerrigan. We get KT, Garrosh, and Valla. We begin begging our Thrall to swap to a bruiser like Sonya or Diablo. Nothing but silence. Timer fades away and he locks in. Doesn't move until the game is almost about to start.

THEN NOBODY SOAKS LANES! LOOK AT MY XP! Garrosh leading the team in XP? FUCKING GARROSH?! This is probably the biggest thing about Silver league I hate. The stupid, small things that people ignore. Fucking soak.

If we had a second frontliner, they wouldn't have been able to stop us. We should have won that game EZPZ.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    ya trying to protect ktz and valla on garrosh against a kerrigan is gonna be hard af, that's rough.

and you have almost no waveclear aside from valla, who looks like didn't want to waveclear very much at all.

i think on most games, you could decide who wins about 70% of the time by who has more waveclear.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    To be fair though, even if you have 5 wave clear heroes, it doesn't matter if they aren't, ya' know, clearing waves.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Holy hell why do they make Dodge Brawl take so long?

Dehaka is love.

Is there anything worse than having your computer lock up, frantically reboot to try and get back into game, finally rejoin, and then die to the microstutters that happen on first load because you weren’t prepared for them at the end of a play session. Yikes that was rough. I played v bad tonight.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Dehaka is love.

What are your thoughts on the essence increases attack damage talent? Situational or never the pick there?

Also, open to anyone here, how do I play Tychus? He's one of the few heroes I just have no grasp on.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I was 1-5 going into HL the other day, and each time I could point to one or two people. Then I played the next 2 games on Tuesday and brought it up to 3-5 with Malfurion. Last night brought it back to 4-5 after a Sonya game. That already has my placement record better than last time when I went 3-7, even if I lose the next one. Judging by the people I'm playing with, I'm looking to settle on Plat 4 or 5 again which at least lets me not have to worry about doing TL to get the mount rewards.

One thing I will say is, though I know he's fun to play and all that, I'm less and less impressed with Zul'jins. Obviously he can do a lot of work if left unchecked but ... I don't know. Am I missing something with my impressions with him?

Also with dragon knight on Dragon shire, after you push mid fort down, is it better to get the towers/walls in middle lane in front of their keep or get another fort bot or top? Where's the more value at with half life left on the dragon still? I thought Fort for xp but I'm 100% not sure.

Nyht on
    Bot lane is the win condition generally on dragon shire. Taking out the fort means your giants and bruisers will threaten keep.

Also the middle lane catas are dumb and die to the top keep still.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Dehaka is love.

What are your thoughts on the essence increases attack damage talent? Situational or never the pick there?

Also, open to anyone here, how do I play Tychus? He's one of the few heroes I just have no grasp on.

I'm at work at the moment, and my phone is garbage, so it's difficult to check up on talent trees at the moment. The AA boost with essence is on the same tier as the one that decreases enemy armor by 10 inside of dark swarm though, right? I'm not going to say I'd never take the AA talent, but it certainly doesn't stand up to the armor reduction talent very well. Dehaka doesn't man-fight people in team-fights; he just doesn't have the HP for that. What you should be doing is ducking into brush for the movement speed and then charging someone for the pull. You're looking to have your team blow up your target after that pull, and the armor reduction talent makes that 10% easier to do.

With regard to Tychus, you're almost certainly running into issues wuth his build, more than anything. If I can remember to do it when I get home tonight, I'll write something a bit more in depth, but the big thing you want to is take The Bigger They Are instead of In The Rhythm. That's the issue I see lots of people struggling with on Tychus. Bigger They Are synergizes so much better with the rest of his kit, his general play-style, and the current meta.

milk ducks on
    I hit 3 4-man Mosh Pit's last night. The bestest feeling.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Dehaka is love.

I'm at work at the moment, and my phone is garbage, so it's difficult to check up on talent trees at the moment. The AA boost with essence is on the same tier as the one that decreases enemy armor by 10 inside of dark swarm though, right? I'm not going to say I'd never take the AA talent, but it certainly doesn't stand up to the armor reduction talent very well. Dehaka doesn't man-fight people in team-fights; he just doesn't have the HP for that. What you should be doing is ducking into brush for the movement speed and then charging someone for the pull. You're looking to have your team blow up your target after that pull, and the armor reduction talent makes that 10% easier to do.

Did they nerf that talent? I remember back when it was first introduced that AA damage talent was fucking beastly and you had to have like multiple people focusing a target getting the -armour debuff to outdamage it.

Nyht wrote: »
    Also with dragon knight on Dragon shire, after you push mid fort down, is it better to get the towers/walls in middle lane in front of their keep or get another fort bot or top? Where's the more value at with half life left on the dragon still? I thought Fort for xp but I'm 100% not sure.
    Bot lane is the win condition generally on dragon shire. Taking out the fort means your giants and bruisers will threaten keep.

Also the middle lane catas are dumb and die to the top keep still.

Biggest thing is to ignore the forts early imo. Don't push mid-fort on the first or second dragon most of the time. Unless the first few dragons take a long time you should focus on taking out towers and fountains. Take the front wall stuff, take the fountain if you can without taking a ton of damage and then move to another lane. The goal is to try and take out gates and fountains because then you can much more easily contest the objective point in that lane.

Then, yeah, bot lane is priority. More mercs, non-stupid catapults, gives you really good control on at least 1 shrine.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    showerthought: in HotS, Alexstrasza is a part-time dragon while Chromie is part time-dragon

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    varian still parryin' to this day

aeNqQM9.jpg
    shryke wrote: »
    Dehaka is love.

Did they nerf that talent? I remember back when it was first introduced that AA damage talent was fucking beastly and you had to have like multiple people focusing a target getting the -armour debuff to outdamage it.

Nah, they didn't nerf Primal Rage, it's still fucking beastly.

I'm not really a fan of Primal Swarm too much these days because -10 Armor just isn't that much. I still like Primal Rage and having Big Boy Autos.

Although be careful when taking Hero Stalker and Primal Rage, Hero Stalker does not contribute to Primal Rage at all due to a bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8zogub/dehaka_essence_collected_from_hero_stalkers_dark/

DNiDlnb.png
    edited July 2018
    Die6Z4mUwAAmhKH.jpg

Our Varian goes CS despite being the only one who can tank and we lose pretty fucking hard

"i guess this is what happens when we don't have a tank", i say

"hello" he says

"you're CS, you're not a tank."

"we have no damage."

"everyone on our team is outdamaging you."

"i'm not damage"

I mean he was right, our comp was dogshit, and I was probably just looking for someone to blame, but. Still.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Dehaka is love.

Nah, they didn't nerf Primal Rage, it's still fucking beastly.

I'm not really a fan of Primal Swarm too much these days because -10 Armor just isn't that much. I still like Primal Rage and having Big Boy Autos.

Although be careful when taking Hero Stalker and Primal Rage, Hero Stalker does not contribute to Primal Rage at all due to a bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8zogub/dehaka_essence_collected_from_hero_stalkers_dark/

I just feel bad taking Primal Rage, because it makes me feel like I can't use my trait without entirely negating a whole talent tier. So I'm never happy with it :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    If your purpose in a fight is to threaten enough damage on the backline to quickly get a pick or force them to turn on you, then mathematically the AA talent is better. If you are having to burn Essence immediately in fights or you are hitting multiple heroes consistently then the armor reduction talent is better.

There is also synergy for each talent if you take Essence-increasing talents or Swarm duration-increasing/cooldown-reducing talents.

I'm not saying I'd never take it; I think I took it in a match last night; it just isn't my preferred option. Landing a tongue on someone is already basically telling your team to burn your target, and giving them a +10% damage amp while you do it is awesome. Anything that helps lead to picks is what I'm looking for, typically.

It was definitely popular in the past, but the days of double support are largely over, so I'm not typically able to sustain myself in a fight without burning my Essence. It's easier for me just to play for the pick off.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Die6Z4mUwAAmhKH.jpg

Our Varian goes CS despite being the only one who can tank and we lose pretty fucking hard

"i guess this is what happens when we don't have a tank", i say

"hello" he says

"you're CS, you're not a tank."

"we have no damage."

"everyone on our team is outdamaging you."

"i'm not damage"

I mean he was right, our comp was dogshit, and I was probably just looking for someone to blame, but. Still.

They might have had the late game with Naz but honestly, their comp is bad too. I do believe a Taunt Varian would have made a different between holding someone still for your beefy lazy, Tyrande Auto/Owl into a Stun, and Overpower reset proc'ing from the Once-And-Future King himself, I think it could have made a different. As it stands, nothing stood between Yrel and Diablo running into your group like the threat of a Taunt/Slowing Varian.

If I solo queue as Varian now, I'm almost always going taunt even if I wanted to login and just go Winblades that day. After the change to force him into the role, it kind of sucks but whatever.

Only way I know to fix that is to make it so Varian is always paired with a tank on your OWN team. That way you can decide "Double tank or dps?"