As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Seattle Cool

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Seattle Cool

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    lol, I have to say, I'm with Gabe on that one. Though I would extend the sentiment to any area that has that kind of stuff.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I can't decide what the bigger crime against humanity, no against all sentient life in the universe, would be. A guacamole cheddar ice cream cone, or that it costs $27...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ChaosPathChaosPath Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I can't decide what the bigger crime against humanity, no against all sentient life in the universe, would be. A guacamole cheddar ice cream cone, or that it costs $27...

It's the $27 part. Any idiot can put ridiculous shit in ice cream, but only the kind of smug idiot that's trying to pass it off as art will mark it up 5,000%.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Seattle thread

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I've looked up restaurants from Seattle, and they're all absolutely ridiculous, it's like a cult where you get shunned if you dont turn every meal into nonsense

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    ChaosPath wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

It's the $27 part. Any idiot can put ridiculous shit in ice cream, but only the kind of smug idiot that's trying to pass it off as art will mark it up 5,000%.

I would normally agree with that, but if there's actual guacamole in it, then it would be a 27 dollar ice cream that can kill me, so.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Guacamole is a vile substance. Commonly referred to as "The Devil's Gunk", most scientists and nutrition experts agree that you shouldn't allow this evil into your body.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • btown_mcbtown_mc Registered User new member
    did a Zillow and Google search on the neighborhood after reading this...laughed my ass off as the first image to pop-up was a Gelato place :)

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Ballard has it's share of hipster stuff, but it's a really fun neighbourhood generally and we all have a lot of affection for it. A lot of the people who work here live in Ballard

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    People who work for a multimillion-dollar company based on a comic strip about cursing about video games are exactly the type of clientele that goes along with your thirty-buck bespoke artisanal breakfast dessert, so that makes sense.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Don't hate

• John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    A lot of the people who work here live in Ballard

That's quite a commute; I would think living closer to Redmond like Mike would be more prevalent, but I'm no Seattle real estate guru.

Some people come from as far away as Kent. Redmond is expensive, that's where I live and I think about moving... often.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hipster food is pretty amazing.

Just avoid the overpriced places, but that's true of non-hipster food places as well.

Restaurants are good or bad, regardless of hipster status. A place being hipster does mean that the owner is probably enthusiastic about the food, at least.

• AndreyFantasy&Sci-FiLoverAndreyFantasy&Sci-FiLover Registered User regular
    You know what we need to make Penny Arcade great again? MORE DEMONIC TYCHO MOMENTS!!!. It has been a while Since Demonic Tycho last appeared, isn´t it?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Real estate anywhere near Seattle is ridiculous though. Like where I live in Bothell prices are just going up and up, hopefully the recent trend of more property availability does something to stop that rise.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    I have trouble reconciling the Ballard of today with the Ballard I grew up with. When I hear Ballard, I think of old norwegian people, and that's never going to change.

faits.png
  • CallofBootyCallofBooty Registered User regular
    faits wrote: »
    I have trouble reconciling the Ballard of today with the Ballard I grew up with. When I hear Ballard, I think of old norwegian people, and that's never going to change.

Yeah, I remember every time I drove down Market St. I would spot at least one guy who looked like an off-season Santa.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Real estate anywhere near Seattle is ridiculous though. Like where I live in Bothell prices are just going up and up, hopefully the recent trend of more property availability does something to stop that rise.

Silver lining is that it means the value of your home is going up and up.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Silver lining is that it means the value of your home is going up and up.

It is, but that means my property taxes have gone up, and road/home construction is like never fucking ending. Like within sight of my condo I have 3! Seperate new contruction projects going on, and down the street signs for two more.

I call where I live the Sim City Mayor because I swear all the old places are getting torn down and new ugly mcmansion style condo/multi families going up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    lol i had full tilt last night

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Train DodgerTrain Dodger Registered User regular
    I don’t go to the restaurants in Seattle for food. I go to a gastropub for some whiskey and a great big greaseball burger. Like, a full third of the drinking establishments in the PNW are also damn fine greasy spoons.

• TaerakTaerak Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I had better than Michelin-star food in Ballard at for only 42 pounds. That's only 11 pounds more I'd spend in Bristol, which has excellent food with cheap prices compared to most of Britain.

As a result, I think Ballard is pretty wonderful and I think about that evening a lot :P

Taerak on