As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We're all just doing our best for our [Kids]

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    beat'd

edit 2: awesome totp, good job asim

ASimPerson on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I didn't know what California Love was until I youtubed it. Oh, that song.

Look, kids are like this sometimes. Most kids don't like what their parents like, especially when they hit their teens. I remember hating classic music since it was all my dad listened to when we drove places. Now I enjoy it quite a bit...and understand why he did too. Sometimes lyrics just get in the way.

@Moriveth and @Janson You folks live in WA? So do I! Located in Kirkland area near Totem Lake.

Sorry I don't know the whole story, but what's your situation? Looking for living space? Need baby sitters? All of the above? None of the above? Let me know, I might be able to help.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I suppose it's fine if my kids grow up and hate my music, but by God they'll know who Nirvana, Tupac, and Metallica is damn it!

Luckily my oldest actually digs on Pearl Jam, so we at least have that.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    The only onesie I have purchased (both sets of grandparents are local and have gotten him way more clothes than he needs) for my son is this Nirvana one. He is 2 and headbangs along with me. I will never let him forget that when he decides one day that they aren't cool.

m_5b145f6d03087c9375668160.jpg

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    I rarely venture into SE++ but found this thread today and it makes me happy.

We have two boys, 6 and 4, and so will still for some time be in the golden years of child-parent relationships. I devote so much time to having a close, positive relationship with my kids but I know there's a chance when that stupid teenage switch flips in their brains that all my hard work will be tossed out the window.

Enjoying it while I can!

Also, we too live in the Pacific Northwest, which is totally The Place to Live, so high-fives to you WA folks.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I read that exchange to my wife and she literally looked me in the eyes and asked "what's California Love".

When life feeds you a straight line like that ...

The only onesie I have purchased (both sets of grandparents are local and have gotten him way more clothes than he needs) for my son is this Nirvana one. He is 2 and headbangs along with me. I will never let him forget that when he decides one day that they aren't cool.

m_5b145f6d03087c9375668160.jpg

Both my kids have Nirvana shirts. When my oldest was in third grade my wife was helping with his school's field day. She overheard him say "dude, my dad listens to this really old band called Nirvana, and their really good. You should listen to them."

I was proud and insulted all in the same glorious sentence, and I'm ok with it.

Elvenshae wrote: »
    I read that exchange to my wife and she literally looked me in the eyes and asked "what's California Love".

When life feeds you a straight line like that ...

Youngest was sitting on her lap at the moment, seemed like a bad time to let my second thought escape my brain cavity. First thought being "WHAT" of course. But trust me, I'm hanging on to it for when the kids are asleep.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Knob you gotta split the difference and listen to Hamilton.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I'm playing up the situation a bit for comedy, I actually have a really positive relationship with the kid. And while I'm by no means involved or interested in the subcultures he's attracted to, I do know what they are and am hip enough to have actual conversations about the stuff he likes. Most kids don't get that. Then there's the metric ton of interests that we do share. We build miniatures and play board games together, we play guitar together, we're building a blacksmithing forge this summer, outside of The Anime, we basically like the same films.

And he's just recently starting to realize that his life has had a lot of cool things in it that aren't Standard Dad Stuff. He's been going to punk rock shows and sitting on stage beside my equipment since he could walk. Since its just been a fact of his life from as far as he could remember, I guess he thought it was just something that Dads do. A couple times a month your Dad straps on a guitar and jumps around like a weirdo and you get to sit on stage and watch the mosh pit. It blew his mind to learn that this isn't a usual thing, and most Dads aren't even in bands.

So in the long run, I think we're gonna do just fine.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Look, kids are like this sometimes. Most kids don't like what their parents like, especially when they hit their teens. I remember hating classic music since it was all my dad listened to when we drove places. Now I enjoy it quite a bit...and understand why he did too. Sometimes lyrics just get in the way.

@Moriveth and @Janson You folks live in WA? So do I! Located in Kirkland area near Totem Lake.

Sorry I don't know the whole story, but what's your situation? Looking for living space? Need baby sitters? All of the above? None of the above? Let me know, I might be able to help.

We're in Puyallup, and basically we're living with my parents while we save to buy a house.

Knob wrote: »
    we're building a blacksmithing forge this summer

You are a cool father.

Moriveth wrote: »

We're in Puyallup, and basically we're living with my parents while we save to buy a house.

Ah, ok cool. In the Seattle area or more where you're at? Either way, good luck and let me know if I can help out.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Ah, ok cool. In the Seattle area or more where you're at? Either way, good luck and let me know if I can help out.

We're thinking where we're at, because @Janson works in Puyallup and it's good for one of us to at least be close to home from work. Plus, uh, I don't think Seattle is anywhere near affordable for us.

Appreciate the offer, I'll let you know if there's anything we need!

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    @Knob have you had the "this is why there's no anime thread" discussion with him yet? I know it's hard, but you gotta do it.

Also I'm quite sure you're a cooler dad than me.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Thank you for all the offers of help!

My coworker was actually advising me today to buy ASAP, since interest rates are set to rise and house prices continue to go up.

My four year old was so ecstatic to be playing PS4 with his brother that he didn't recognize the need to pee in the damned toilet instead of all over himself and the damned living room floor because of course that's where you piss when you get video game time with your damned brother!

Kids. Freaking kids, man. No accidents in weeks, but Minecraft with big bro breaks the streak.

• Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    There are always exceptions to little kid internal potty training guidelines, until one day there aren't.

We're talking about what we're calling the Nuclear Option for our 4-year-old. If he has pants and a diaper on, that's where he goes. If he's pants-less, he never has accidents anymore and always goes to the potty chair (or, rarely, the toilet, though he knows how to do that too). So we're looking at forcing the toilet by putting away the potty chair and basically keeping him at home without pants for a few days.

Of course he'll have to wear pants again eventually. I guess.

Drake Chambers on
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I forget sometimes that my daughter had been potty trained for only 2 years, and won't go until she absolutely has to. And even then, she will forget often. I usually remember to remind her. But she sometimes fights me and says she doesn't have to go... I still make her before long trips

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    For our 6-year-old, who hasn't had an out-in-the-world accident in probably two years, we still enforce the preventive-pee before long trips. We call it the Pee Alien. We fold up some toilet paper into the shape of an alien spaceship, set it afloat, and he blasts it apart with a pee laser.

We do pee aliens before bed too, not because he'll wet the bed but because FFS it'd be nice if he didn't wake us up at 5 in the morning.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Leah is four and half and just navigated herself through a quadruple negative statement in regards to how awesome her jumping skills are. So she’s confirmed to be grammatically superior to certain elected officials.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    I'm glad to hear others can struggle with accidents, our son has backslid like whoa recently and I'm trying not to be hard on it but he was perfect for like 4 months!

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    #pipe wrote:
    We're still in Australia. Got all packed up and ready to fly back to Canada and booked a bassinet seat on the flight and got a good night's sleep and prepped everything for a 13 hour flight and got to the airport early in the morning and checked in

And realized we were supposed to fly yesterday

So 1,500 bucks worth of flight rescheduling later we're now flying home tomorrow and my mum is stoked because she gets to spend another day with her grandson.

So here's the thrilling conclusion to this to be continued from a few days ago. Spoilered for a reasonably long read
    The check-in staff at the airport calmly informed us we were a day late for our flights and that today's flight was fully booked and we'd have to go home and call Air Canada Bookings to hopefully get something on tomorrow's flight. So I picked my guts up off the floor and we all piled back into my mum's car and went home.

My mum felt awful because she realized that it was probably her strict scheduling that caused the problem after she got the wrong date down in her diary then convinced everyone else it was the right date. So she gave me her credit card and said to rebook a new flight on her whatever it cost (which was lucky because my wife and I are kinda super broke right now). So I called the Air Canada Bookings Australian number which connected with someone in Toronto or wherever Air Canada's call center is and a lovely lady was very helpful and apologetic about getting us a new flight booked for tomorrow (remember that word "tomorrow", it's important). We had to pay the difference in fare price from the one we missed and this new one, which since it's a popular flight and last minute was pretty much DOUBLE, and we had to pay a $200 rebooking fee for each adult. So I balked at the huge price tag and my mother just waved her hand and said "charge it" so I did. The flight was very full with only a few seats available and no pairs together, but she said if we showed up to the airport early and made sure we were among the first into the check-in line, they'd probably be able to work some magic and seat us together. My e-tickets came through and I thanked the lady on the phone for helping us and hung up.

My wife consoled me to the best of her ability and my mum left to run some errands. I was still feeling like microwaved dog shit so we went out for some coffee and breakfast to try to calm me down, and after I started to feel better went to a mall to just window shop and eat and kill some time until the evening. One last family meal, everyone feeling good and we get another early night to get to the airport early the next morning.

So again we pile into the car at 6:30 with a tired baby and head for the airport and about halfway there I pull out my phone to check my e-ticket one last time for anything I may have missed. And I notice something I didn't before.
    Departure July 16 (mon)
    (mon)
    It currently being the morning of tue I started to get a bit fucking panicky

and I checked and rechecked and triple checked and realized that yes indeed the Air Canada lady on the phone had booked us on the flight we showed up for the day before. Because of the timezone change she kept thinking "tomorrow" meant Monday and though the check-in staff said the flight was totally full, there are always no-shows and last minute cancellations and I had managed to call her about 5 minutes before the flight took off so she was somehow still able to book us into the flight.

So I have a full blown panic attack in the car, my heart explodes, I get tunnel vision, I'm shaking violently and silently weeping. My wife has booked travel for executives for years so cool as a cucumber she called Air Canada again and explains the situation just as we pull up to departures. She's on hold while I'm bringing our shit into the airport and still on hold while I tearfully explain what's happened to the same check-in staff who couldn't help us yesterday. They are completely baffled how it could happen.

So finally someone comes back onto the phone and they say "sorry about the misunderstanding, we've rebooked you onto today's flight for no extra charge". And we inform the check-in staff who are still baffled about this whole thing but get to work. The baby throws a spanner in the works because he's booked without a seat which takes the system a minute to figure out. We got literally the last two seats on the plane and they're miles apart so the staff try to work their magic figuring out how to get us together somehow. Eventually they figure out that the entire back of the plane was taken up by a single booking of a big group of American students coming back from an international sports meet where they didn't pick seats they were just assigned as a group because who cares they can trade seats with eachother if they want. So they move two of them around and suddenly we have two seats together, which coincidentally are two of the best seats to get in a Dreamliner (if you don't mind sitting near the galley and the lavatories) at the very very back where the fuselage tapers and there's not enough room for three seats so it's just two seats and a big gap on the window side for all of our carry-on.

So the flight goes fine despite my wife having a cold that gets worse and worse as the flight progresses and we land back in Vancouver at 7 on Tuesday morning. And after sitting in a daze for a few hours and going out to refill the entirely empty fridge and catching up on a bunch of youtube we missed all three of us slept basically uninterrupted (save a couple of easy baby feedings) for 12 hours straight. And now I'm back at my work desk apologizing to all my clients for being two days late and catching up on work.

TL;DR: read your e-ticket very carefully.

#pipe on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Jfc

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    edited July 2018
    schuss wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear others can struggle with accidents, our son has backslid like whoa recently and I'm trying not to be hard on it but he was perfect for like 4 months!

That's the BS I hate on social media; people posting how perfect their little angels are. Kids are amazing, no doubting that. But they are awful as well. I dont know if its because our names and pictures "aren't us" here, but this thread reads more like real parenting to me.

I love reading about everyone's triumphs and tribulations here. It makes me feel like I'm shooting at least par for the parenting course.

Capt Howdy on

That's the BS I hate on social media; people posting how perfect their little angels are. Kids are amazing, no doubting that. But they are awful as well. I dont know if its because our names and pictures "aren't us" here, but this thread reads more like real parenting to me.

I love reading about everyone's triumphs and tribulations here. It makes me feel like I'm shooting at least par for the parenting course.

Our dinner tonight was spaghetti with non-stop crying from both kids. The wife and I just stared at each other and ate as best we could. I've got hundreds of cute pictures and videos of my kids, but that shit tonight, yeah that's a huge reality that doesn't get posted on Facebook often enough.

Now were all sitting at the computers. I'm venting on the forums, Abigail is watching Blippi draw a tractor, the wife is walking around in WoW, and Luke is breastfeeding.

SCRATCH THAT! As I'm typing this, Abigail slid off my lap and ever so gently bumped her head against the arm of the computer chair causing her to erupt into tears. At what age to the understand they're tired and just go to sleep? :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular

Our dinner tonight was spaghetti with non-stop crying from both kids. The wife and I just stared at each other and ate as best we could. I've got hundreds of cute pictures and videos of my kids, but that shit tonight, yeah that's a huge reality that doesn't get posted on Facebook often enough.

Now were all sitting at the computers. I'm venting on the forums, Abigail is watching Blippi draw a tractor, the wife is walking around in WoW, and Luke is breastfeeding.

SCRATCH THAT! As I'm typing this, Abigail slid off my lap and ever so gently bumped her head against the arm of the computer chair causing her to erupt into tears. At what age to the understand they're tired and just go to sleep? :)

10? Uh... Nope never mind. My 10 year old still can't do that...

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My 5 month old was playing on the couch this morning and he just decided he was tired and rolled onto his side and went to sleep

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    #pipe wrote:
    We're still in Australia. Got all packed up and ready to fly back to Canada and booked a bassinet seat on the flight and got a good night's sleep and prepped everything for a 13 hour flight and got to the airport early in the morning and checked in

And realized we were supposed to fly yesterday

So 1,500 bucks worth of flight rescheduling later we're now flying home tomorrow and my mum is stoked because she gets to spend another day with her grandson.

So here's the thrilling conclusion to this to be continued from a few days ago. Spoilered for a reasonably long read
    The check-in staff at the airport calmly informed us we were a day late for our flights and that today's flight was fully booked and we'd have to go home and call Air Canada Bookings to hopefully get something on tomorrow's flight. So I picked my guts up off the floor and we all piled back into my mum's car and went home.

My mum felt awful because she realized that it was probably her strict scheduling that caused the problem after she got the wrong date down in her diary then convinced everyone else it was the right date. So she gave me her credit card and said to rebook a new flight on her whatever it cost (which was lucky because my wife and I are kinda super broke right now). So I called the Air Canada Bookings Australian number which connected with someone in Toronto or wherever Air Canada's call center is and a lovely lady was very helpful and apologetic about getting us a new flight booked for tomorrow (remember that word "tomorrow", it's important). We had to pay the difference in fair price from the one we missed and this new one, which since it's a popular flight and last minute was pretty much DOUBLE, and we had to pay a $200 rebooking fee for each adult. So I balked at the huge price tag and my mother just waved her hand and said "charge it" so I did. The flight was very full with only a few seats available and no pairs together, but she said if we showed up to the airport early and made sure we were among the first into the check-in line, they'd probably be able to work some magic and seat us together. My e-tickets came through and I thanked the lady on the phone for helping us and hung up.

My wife consoled me to the best of her ability and my mum left to run some errands. I was still feeling like microwaved dog shit so we went out for some coffee and breakfast to try to calm me down, and after I started to feel better went to a mall to just window shop and eat and kill some time until the evening. One last family meal, everyone feeling good and we get another early night to get to the airport early the next morning.

So again we pile into the car at 6:30 with a tired baby and head for the airport and about halfway there I pull out my phone to check my e-ticket one last time for anything I may have missed. And I notice something I didn't before.
    Departure July 16 (mon)
    (mon)
    It currently being the morning of tue I started to get a bit fucking panicky

and I checked and rechecked and triple checked and realized that yes indeed the Air Canada lady on the phone had booked us on the flight we showed up for the day before. Because of the timezone change she kept thinking "tomorrow" meant Monday and though the check-in staff said the flight was totally full, there are always no-shows and last minute cancellations and I had managed to call her about 5 minutes before the flight took off so she was somehow still able to book us into the flight.

So I have a full blown panic attack in the car, my heart explodes, I get tunnel vision, I'm shaking violently and silently weeping. My wife has booked travel for executives for years so cool as a cucumber she called Air Canada again and explains the situation just as we pull up to departures. She's on hold while I'm bringing our shit into the airport and still on hold while I tearfully explain what's happened to the same check-in staff who couldn't help us yesterday. They are completely baffled how it could happen.

So finally someone comes back onto the phone and they say "sorry about the misunderstanding, we've rebooked you onto today's flight for no extra charge". And we inform the check-in staff who are still baffled about this whole thing but get to work. The baby throws a spanner in the works because he's booked without a seat which takes the system a minute to figure out. We got literally the last two seats on the plane and they're miles apart so the staff try to work their magic figuring out how to get us together somehow. Eventually they figure out that the entire back of the plane was taken up by a single booking of a big group of American students coming back from an international sports meet where they didn't pick seats they were just assigned as a group because who cares they can trade seats with eachother if they want. So they move two of them around and suddenly we have two seats together, which coincidentally are two of the best seats to get in a Dreamliner (if you don't mind sitting near the galley and the lavatories) at the very very back where the fuselage tapers and there's not enough room for three seats so it's just two seats and a big gap on the window side for all of our carry-on.

So the flight goes fine despite my wife having a cold that gets worse and worse as the flight progresses and we land back in Vancouver at 7 on Tuesday morning. And after sitting in a daze for a few hours and going out to refill the entirely empty fridge and catching up on a bunch of youtube we missed all three of us slept basically uninterrupted (save a couple of easy baby feedings) for 12 hours straight. And now I'm back at my work desk apologizing to all my clients for being two days late and catching up on work.

TL;DR: read your e-ticket very carefully.

This is basically my wife's recurring nightmare for about a week before we fly anywhere.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.

I'm going to say never ever. I'm 40, I'm tired, and yet here I am replying rather then sleeping.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So Ellie has had a bit of a regression with the potty.

we've gone back to diapers now most of the time, which is fine this is fine. I tell myself this is fine and i'm not a failure.

But that's not the point of this post.

No, this is to at the same time exclaim my absolute love and utter annoyance at Blippi.

You see, Blippi went to the zoo. And to an Aquarium.

And so last night, while we were laying down for bed and Daddy was reading her her night time book (I hate Going on a Bear Hunt sooooo much), Ellie rolled over in bed and looked at me with those loving and gorgeous dark brown eyes and said, "mommy I want to go to the zoo."

Thanks, Blippi.

We then continued to talk for a little bit about all of the animals that she wanted to see at the zoo (We're going on a Bear Hunt. What a Beautiful day.). But then, she said she wanted to see some sharks. and I had to tell her that no, sharks are at the aquarium.

She paused, thought, and then (with raised singular finger), said "I can go to the aquarium too! And touch the stingray with two fingers!"

Again, thanks, Blippi.

So we then switched over to all of the animals she could see at the aquarium, but no, our aquarium you can't touch the stingrays.

And then, halfway through the list of every single marine creature that she can think of, she pauses and looks me straight in the eyes.

"Mommy! I going to go wee wee in my diaper!" Another brief pause. "Here we go!" Another pause. "All done, mommy!"

I honestly think that @ecco the dolphin and I were going to fall onto the floor laughing so hard.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    (I hate Going on a Bear Hunt sooooo much)

Aww I liked that book. Well, I at least liked it once I started making a couple alterations, including being the bear.
    "Mommy! I going to go wee wee in my diaper!" Another brief pause. "Here we go!" Another pause. "All done, mommy!"

I honestly think that "ecco the dolphin" and I were going to fall onto the floor laughing so hard.

That's both hilarious and a good thing, 'cause she's still aware of the need to potty arising before actually doing it.

Honestly though, potty training is far more about physiological changes than anything else, which can get stronger and weaker as they grow. So as a parent you do what you can to encourage mindfulness and use the potty, but there's only so much influence you actually get to have.

We took to day time potty training pretty easily once we got started, but overnight is still a bit of a crapshoot. She's like me and has trouble sleeping without eating shortly before bedtime, and we both tend to get thirsty later at night regardless of how much we drink during the day, which...doesn't set her up for success.

Ranlin on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    ah man. rex is turning into such a thoughtful and considerate kid. yesterday after building a little lego kit pretty much by himself (!), i told him how proud i was, and he told me how proud he was, of me, for helping. and just now after dinner i did some "daddy magic" to bring him some chocolate... and so, in appreciation, he did some "rex magic" and came back from the kitchen with three peronis

good deals all round. good kid.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Three beers? One for you, one for Mum, and one for him, I guess?

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    guess again

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Oh Christ I am going through so many toy cars. The 2 year old caught wind of what was going on and is demanding a toy car when the 5 year old gets one for taking his medicine.

I went to a thrift store and bought a bag of them for $5, but still, this is not how it was supposed to go.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    plufim wrote: »
    this is not how it was supposed to go.

This is basically parenting in a nutshell, sorry.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Parents: We're going camping, we'd love to take Mini-Muzz along.

:D

Parents: .... and you too

:bigfrown:

I'm going to say never ever. I'm 40, I'm tired, and yet here I am replying rather then sleeping.

FUCK! You're right! :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    And then, halfway through the list of every single marine creature that she can think of, she pauses and looks me straight in the eyes.

The first thing our eldest learned re: potty training was communication. He got that it was important to tell us what was happening.

For months, that meant a three-year-old breathlessly grunting "mommyI'mgoingpottyI'mpushingthepoopout" at the appropriate moment, often in public.

This discussion has been closed.