As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Spent the day farming intel so I could do the 'all HVT in a week' Shield (DeadEye). Doesn't matter what tier you are when you achieve it, so I just set the world to tier 1 so I was basically one shotting everyone.
    Just need to kill 2 more WSP named guys and 11 more landmarks then I'll have all 4 shields.

And I did my first legendary mission! Madison Field Hospital, (because i've done it 1000 times already) was actually kinda fun, no wipes, died a bunch but all 4 of us were running auto revive stations so we just had to grind out the last 4 named bosses at the end fight.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »
    Spent the day farming intel so I could do the 'all HVT in a week' Shield (DeadEye). Doesn't matter what tier you are when you achieve it, so I just set the world to tier 1 so I was basically one shotting everyone.
    Just need to kill 2 more WSP named guys and 11 more landmarks then I'll have all 4 shields.

And I did my first legendary mission! Madison Field Hospital, (because i've done it 1000 times already) was actually kinda fun, no wipes, died a bunch but all 4 of us were running auto revive stations so we just had to grind out the last 4 named bosses at the end fight.

I didnt even think of dropping world tier to do the HVT run.. have two left to do which I will finish tonight.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I picked this up during my "nothing to play" doldrums. And survival mode pve is my fucking jam. I haven't finished one yet (I was so damn close on one run called in the extract got killed by the anti agent agent so close!!!)

Didn't realize the tier of my world effected getting groups as not doing the top end bracket on the xbone means you matchmake to nowhere.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I picked this up during my "nothing to play" doldrums. And survival mode pve is my fucking jam. I haven't finished one yet (I was so damn close on one run called in the extract got killed by the anti agent agent so close!!!)

Didn't realize the tier of my world effected getting groups as not doing the top end bracket on the xbone means you matchmake to nowhere.

Survival is fun but it never seems to pop on PC (though tbh if I'm playing solo having a timer is sort of not what I'm looking for because I'm usually doing at least one other thing at the same time)

But when I have a large block of time where I can just be sitting in front of my computer yeah survival is a blast.

My only real complaint with it is that playing with a full group is far more difficult than playing solo because of the sparse resources which aren't shared.

Yeah the limited resources is already why I hate rolling with a ad hoc group prior to like DZ. Because you need so many basic things and having to split that among however many would be super limiting.

I definitely like the light survival aspect of making clothes and such, changes the way you approach battles and situations.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Grouped up with a Rando Calrissian in the darkzone this morning and the House dropped. Was so worried the Rando would fuck me and steal the load, but I had my show stopper out and ready to Terry Crews his fucking face if he dropped group.

Also twice now I've had people in groups ask me a message question and both times I was super worried when I saw "message sent" on my live and both times it was just asking about my gear, once it was a sweet bomber jacket coat someone was wondering about, and the other was wondering where I got the show stopper.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Grouped up with a Rando Calrissian in the darkzone this morning and the House dropped. Was so worried the Rando would fuck me and steal the load, but I had my show stopper out and ready to Terry Crews his fucking face if he dropped group.

Also twice now I've had people in groups ask me a message question and both times I was super worried when I saw "message sent" on my live and both times it was just asking about my gear, once it was a sweet bomber jacket coat someone was wondering about, and the other was wondering where I got the show stopper.

I just finally got The House an hour ago, from a world boss. It rolled with unforgiving, so that's pretty sweet, I just need to reroll the other silly perk to get something better.

Then I failed legendary Powerplant because there were 4 enemies left when the clock hit 0.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Elki wrote: »

I just finally got The House an hour ago, from a world boss. It rolled with unforgiving, so that's pretty sweet, I just need to reroll the other silly perk to get something better.

Then I failed legendary Powerplant because there were 4 enemies left when the clock hit 0.

Damn!

I tried legendary last night matchmade and we were trying to 3 man it but man it was not happening.

My House rolled with crits speed up reload and some other perk I can't remember but it seemed pretty good. Going to try that ballistic shield build that seems popular, though I might just use striker with the show stopper back up for when I've got some damage spun up from the house.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Yeah Legendary missions are srs bzns. I won't even try one without a maxed classified set.

As far as red weapons go open world boss runs is how I got most of mine. You can take down 13ish in 30-40 minutes once you have a good route down. I'll try and put up a map of how I do mine tonight if anyone is curious.

Yeah Legendary missions are srs bzns. I won't even try one without a maxed classified set.

As far as red weapons go open world boss runs is how I got most of mine. You can take down 13ish in 30-40 minutes once you have a good route down. I'll try and put up a map of how I do mine tonight if anyone is curious.

If you can I'd be super thankful! I need to snag some stuff to make some more gear stuff viable

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    ill try to join tonight as well. I need to finish off that first tier of shields, I doubt ill get them all done but Div 2 is still a year or so away.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041

If you can I'd be super thankful! I need to snag some stuff to make some more gear stuff viable

You get a lot of other high end drops too (assuming of course you run them in world tier 5) so lots of weapon/gear mods to use or break down. Spawn time on them is four hours though so I usually just added a single boss run into my daily stuff until I had all of them.

Now I mostly just run them for GE credits during global events because they all drop 150 a piece when an event is active.

Yeah I'd run them in tier 5.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    The map I use for LZ boss runs is this one I found from the Division subreddit i.imgur.com/mr36iD1.png

edited July 2018
    Thanks guys!

Sweet did that route after work and got an exotic ninja bag!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    GaryO wrote: »
    The map I use for LZ boss runs is this one I found from the Division subreddit i.imgur.com/mr36iD1.png

This is more or less what I do. About the only difference is I fast travel from killing Soretto to Amhert's Apartment then run across the street to kill Strings because the game loads fast enough on my SSD that it actually saves a little time

So the game was so nice it gave me another house, this one started as a higher level, so that's my new main. Currently running a shield build and its really strong, able to just basically soak gunfire and finish enemies off afterward, with alejandro as my back up when my shield breaks/to start an encounter.

It was funny doing embassy challenging and basically tanking all the damage.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Dark Zone is still fun for me even though I'm way way outclassed by basically any rogue agent, I can still clear landmarks and only need 13 more to get my last shield. Probably then work on resistance farming or just doing survivals for the fun of that.

Thanks for the tip on lowering the world level to finish the weekly thing, I felt sad I was giving up those loots, but clearing the shield was more important to me.

Resistance in a group is nerve wracking, you basically have the meta gamers who want to wait on bosses and build up shade tech and get a bunch of caches, and then people who uhh don't know to do any of that. Its an interesting dichotomy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Got my first survival extraction! Met up with some dudes in the dark zone, after the initial should we kill him? (It was pve only so they couldn't kill me), we managed to scrape together some pluckyness and boom got the victory!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    You guys working on the shields they added?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting on the July Shield, unless it's already been added

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    They time consuming to do? I havent started, just happened to see an article about them

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    They time consuming to do? I havent started, just happened to see an article about them

They range from "I already did that" to "I'll end up doing that anyways" to "Complete every mission that has a Legendary difficulty on Legendary."

So there's a pretty wide gap in the levels of pain in the ass

edited July 2018

One is a gimme if you played the game at all. One is clearing like 25 landmarks in the dark zone if you go morning or afternoon easily doable, one you have to do 10 bosses in the regular areas, 10 in the dark zone, and 10 in the resistance area. And then the other one unlocked right now is doing all the weekly HVT's in one week, just knock it down to tier one and you can sleep walk through it.

Also I have to toot my own horn... I took out 6! Hunters on a pve survival extraction, 5 at once and then 1 by myself. I uhh cheesed the shit out of it with across the street sniping, but its still hard as fuck to nail those two or 3 bolt action shots while being annihilated by those hunter jerks.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

One is a gimme if you played the game at all. One is clearing like 25 landmarks in the dark zone if you go morning or afternoon easily doable, one you have to do 10 bosses in the regular areas, 10 in the dark zone, and 10 in the resistance area. And then the other one unlocked right now is doing all the weekly HVT's in one week, just knock it down to tier one and you can sleep walk through it.

Also I have to toot my own horn... I took out 6! Hunters on a pve survival extraction, 5 at once and then 1 by myself. I uhh cheesed the shit out of it with across the street sniping, but its still hard as fuck to nail those two or 3 bolt action shots while being annihilated by those hunter jerks.

On PC, at least, hitting up all the weekly HVTs isn't too hard to solo in world tier 5. The most pain in the ass part is getting all the Target Intel needed to activate the bounty.

...unless you get the grenadier higher tier ones. Those guys can all eat a bag of dicks.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »

On PC, at least, hitting up all the weekly HVTs isn't too hard to solo in world tier 5. The most pain in the ass part is getting all the Target Intel needed to activate the bounty.

...unless you get the grenadier higher tier ones. Those guys can all eat a bag of dicks.

I just did the safe strat of putting it at tier 1 world. Like yeah gave up the actual chance at loot, but also meant that I didn't potentially waste intel/my time trying to get the shield and fail.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    New Shield is up, Underground: Reach level 10, Clear 10 Phases, Kill 10 Hunters. Underground is also unlocked this week for those that don't own it, you'll keep the Shield if you complete it during the unlock.

The intro mission for Underground might be tricky if you're a fresh level 30, so bear that in mind.

7qmGNt5.png
    Nice of them to unlock it for free for people. Hardest part would probably be the reach level 10, though I can't remember if the early levels are faster than the later tiers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I think the first few are pretty quick, I seem to remember some change to the XP as well so kills fill the bar as well now. But may be wrong there

7qmGNt5.png
    I think the first few are pretty quick, I seem to remember some change to the XP as well so kills fill the bar as well now. But may be wrong there

They do or some do, when I've done underground I've gotten level ups when fighting.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    You can hit level 10 in the underground in a few hours iirc

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Any quick way to farm the hunters?

I ran a bunch of underground and have only run into them twice.

I don't know if they show up more at higher levels, but I ran a handful of 3 phase hard missions at level 40 and I think I got a pair of Hunters all but maybe one of the sets, so it didn't take too long at all.

7qmGNt5.png
    Any quick way to farm the hunters?

I ran a bunch of underground and have only run into them twice.

Its kind of rando, but if you run with a group of people you get more of them. Like a 4 person group I believe gets 5 hunters when they show up, so that would be half the challenge right there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Do I have to do Underground again for this shield?

I mean I got rank 40 in UG and have done all this already.

Sirialis wrote: »
    Do I have to do Underground again for this shield?

I mean I got rank 40 in UG and have done all this already.

Yes you have to do 10 phases and kill 10 hunters even if you've already done that. Getting to rank 10 is already kept. But again 10 phases 10 hunters is like maybe a couple hours if you've already maxed underground.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2018
    10 phases is fast enough but Hunters are pretty much considered a rarity in UG runs.

We know they can track accomplishments, why arent they? They did exactly that with that other recent scoring system.

Sirialis on
    I think they want people to actually sign in and play is the thing. Like they don't just want you punching in and getting the shield and logging back out. They want an active player base for new people to be attracted to the sequel, so having some of the shield require you to actively get the thing means you have to play for a couple hours and maybe stick around after.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I had enough of UG for a long time, their shield better give something more interesting than a weapon skin if they want me to go back.

Shields are a neat idea but the rewards look really dull.