As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Manticores and Manicures: a Well Groomed Table Top Thread.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    the the problem is that it is a broad range of firearms. gunslinger would be good if it was pistols for example, rifleman if it was focused on rifle, but it in basically filling the same space as a ranger with any kind of gun. They that Gunneth has a ring to it, but is a bit, long to say.

for more insight, their skills are likely going to be Knowledge (geography), Discipline, Perception, Ranged (modern), Stealth, Survival, Vigilance, Melee (light)

where as ranger would have Knowledge (adventuring) instead of discipline, and Ranged (archaic) instead of modern.

Hmm... how about Regulator?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    How about just Marksman? That's what I called my Gun class in my d20 Final Fantasy hack.

that is probably the easiest answer.

a lot of the gun games kind of don't work when there is a high chance the person using the gun is using a submachine gun.

Leadslinger?

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Bullet Wizard.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh wait, how about Commando?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    commando would be real good, except the word didn't exist in that context then. There would be the boer Kommandos, which i guess still works, as civilian militia. instead of elite soldiers.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    You could call them Recons

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Gunhaver

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Trigger finger

• Options
    i think recon currently fits the theme the best, it is my current place holder.

it is better than "Gun Sneak, The Guy Who Has A Gun And Sneaks"

This is what i have so far in rough.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Rooty tooty pointer and shooter?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Like Paladin (have gun, will travel), but for guns?

Like some sort of... Gungadin?

Or just... Second Amendment Solution Activist.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Desperado
    Operator
    Gunhand
    Drifter

Just embrace the western slang, the setting begs for it

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    i've kind of been in my head at least leaning towards post great war adventure pulp over western. the guns feel a little too modern for westerns. you need wheel guns and break action shotguns, this is rifles and semi autos.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Doobh wrote: »
    Gunhaver

:whistle: buy all our playsets and toys :whistle:

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Trailblazer or Pathmaker

To represent guns being loud and aggressive.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    so whoever has that kobold spymaster in their kingmaker game

you inspired me to make a smooth operating kobold spy

thinking they might be a mastermind

yeaaah he was really fun to play as, and he's still been pretty fun to do stuff with as an NPC now that I'm GMing

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I should be starting a new D&D campaign soon as a player, and I'm pretty sure I'm playing a half-elf rogue con man who is currently pretending to be a high elf of great renown. I think my current idea is that he's not going to be especially great at pretending to be a high elf, but I'm not going to tell the rest of the party that I'm not actually a noble elf until they figure it out themselves OR it blows up in his face spectacularly.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    how about 'Gunt'

it literally has gun in its name!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    so having ranged heavy and light is probably not needed since it is basically pistols and not pistols. as these are pre ww2 smgs, they are rifle sized and not easily fired one handed.

might do a split of like modern and archaic (need better word) so your long bow skills don't make you a pistol expert.

Maybe consider what in-universe terms might be. If people call it the convergence, would pre/post-convergence (or pre/post-con) work?

Modern and archaic are good terms when time is the difference, but do the converged peoples even consider themselves to be from different times? Do they have different names for their 'original' worlds that they might use?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I know this is a huge chance of just, no, no one is going to do it.

But I have a hankering to play a second dnd game. But I kinda like the idea of trying to play online. Since the majority of you are on the internet and due to the difficulty of timezones, if you guys play at nights that means mornings for me, are there any groups that play Friday or Saturday nights that would be keen for an extra player/ is anyone starting a group?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Three Vampire Spawn, some sort of Vampire Spawn Wizard character, Strahd's bastarding horse and 10 animated halberds

Get fucking fuuuuucked

• Options
    We have though, as a point of honour
    Smashed the Heart of Sorrow with some scrolls

So yeah get fucked Strahd you fucker

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Curse of Strahd sounds like so much fun, I'd really love to play it sometime

hmmm maybe with the forumer group after we finish Storm King's Thunder

• Options
    It's a great setting

Our GM is really good too, albeit a total dick with... 7 PC deaths? Across the campaign. My Paladin is the only one left from day one!

• Options
    Just put in my order for the Starfinder Armory... 650 new weapons, 18 new power armors, new gear, and class stuff. My starship troopers lizard man is going to have a field day.
    l3ydsgg2zsab.jpeg

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    the the problem is that it is a broad range of firearms. gunslinger would be good if it was pistols for example, rifleman if it was focused on rifle, but it in basically filling the same space as a ranger with any kind of gun. They that Gunneth has a ring to it, but is a bit, long to say.

for more insight, their skills are likely going to be Knowledge (geography), Discipline, Perception, Ranged (modern), Stealth, Survival, Vigilance, Melee (light)

where as ranger would have Knowledge (adventuring) instead of discipline, and Ranged (archaic) instead of modern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRRgzN81MGQ

Baba Yaga?

• Options
    Uh oh the half orc sorc I built for that pathfinder game may have been a bit more fire than the DM was expecting, but damn if it wasn't fun to play.

The city gate was under attack by a battering ram and large siege Balista, crews for both the siege engines, and a ton of goons to flood the city once the door was breached. I set fire to the battering ram last session, and this session started with the kineticist dealing the final hit and blowing up the flaming log, I started the session by lighting the balista on fire. At which point the balista crew brought out the buckets of water and put out my fire. The rest of that region of combat was me running around with expeditious retreat so I could keep circling the balista and casting burning hands and setting everything and everyone about it on fire as the few non burning crew kept putting parts of the siege engine out, and firing it. They only managed to fire it at the gate twice, and only hit it once. I even managed to get a kill with an opportunity attack with my orc double axe when the guy in front of me tried to stop drop and roll.

Half orc elemental sorc with burning amplification is a fuckin dope combo guys, very much feels like a fire elemental trapped in a half-orc body.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Sounds awesome

• Options
    It was actually inadvertently super good encounter design on the part of the DM too. Like I've got my little patch that I'm working, there's a pack of archers off to the north that a few of the other characters are keeping at bay. Archer's that came from the south that the folks on the city wall dealt with, and another pack of foot soldiers pushing up from the south that the wall sitters are dealing with. Like the DM was running like 35 soldiers 20 archers and the two siege engines (I've killed like 15 of the soldiers). He's basically built 3 simultaneous, moderately contained, combats that are fitting right next to one another quite well.

I don't think the dude gets how well he's threading a needle right now though (he is, i believe, new to DMing). Like this was a super ambitious encounter that could have fallen real flat or gone super south for the party, but even though I'm kinda housing my section of the combat so far I've had to be fairly mindful of how I did it, and I'm down to my last burning hands sometime next session so I've gota run around and do normal cleanup on the remaining siege engine crew for the balista which may get super dicey for me.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Blake T wrote: »
    I know this is a huge chance of just, no, no one is going to do it.

But I have a hankering to play a second dnd game. But I kinda like the idea of trying to play online. Since the majority of you are on the internet and due to the difficulty of timezones, if you guys play at nights that means mornings for me, are there any groups that play Friday or Saturday nights that would be keen for an extra player/ is anyone starting a group?

I've been interested in playing an online game, and could probably find a way to make Friday evenings work a couple times a month.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    second amendmentmancer

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    It's a great setting

Our GM is really good too, albeit a total dick with... 7 PC deaths? Across the campaign. My Paladin is the only one left from day one!

D&D group of Theseus?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    tacticool operator

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    tacticool operator

Level 1 ability: High Speed
    Level 2 ability: Low Drag

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    tacticool operator

Level 1 ability: High Speed
    Level 2 ability: Low Drag

Level 3 ability: Stinger Missiles In Your Golf Cart.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    second amendmentmancer

survivalist?

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    i want you to all know that with all of the suggestions, Paladin is just going to be basically the same as cleric, but with guns instead of melee weapons.

• Options
    i want you to all know that with all of the suggestions, Paladin is just going to be basically the same as cleric, but with guns instead of melee weapons.

https://youtu.be/tgvxu8QY01s

• Options
    Have gun will travel wasn't a very good show, but that theme song.

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    tabletop thread:

I've found myself being set up for an impromptu DM'ing session tomorrow night, wherein my players want to have a "one last hurrah" adventure for some characters they played about a year ago. Only three players, and while the characters are from D&D I was wondering if there are any one shot/interesting indie games I could use to give them a final adventure that don't take too long to set up and are a little less mechanical, since I have basically no prep time

I hope I'm not too late!

Danger Patrol Pocket is probably what you're looking for. Swap style and role for race and class, cross out science and write in magic and you're probably solid. Read the longer version if you have time, to get some idea of how to pace the scenes with slightly less crazy action to them, and have a giant running battle on the rooftops with a beholder abducting a suspiciously lifelike statue of the city council while street gangs hopped up on potions of berserker growth try to stomp the entire merchant quarter.

IS THIS THE END OF THE CITY PATROL?!

This discussion has been closed.