As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe Danny only just saw the original Halloween movie this year. If he thought that one was scary, he should check out the Rob Zombie remake. That was a tense-ass movie... The woman I went to see it with got so spooked, she flung her popcorn everywhere

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Zombie's movie is so, so, so, so bad. Not scary bad, bad bad.

The second one wasn't so hot, but the first one was great.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Rob Zombie's idea of horror is rape scenes so hard pass for me

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Rob Zombie's remake is so fucking dumb. It's like a highschooler's idea of "improving" on the original. Like okay, cool idea to show the background of the killer, but that could have and should've been a movie. Also, done by someone else who isn't Rob Zombie because he's so juvenile.

The movie has one legit great moment (not the intended way for it to be great), and I guess I'll throw this behind a spoiler tag.
    Near the end of the film when they do the "was that the boogeyman?" thing and then Mike suddenly smashes the window in? When the doctor started going "WHAT THE FUCK" I was dying laughing because he was doing what the audience was supposed to be.

Edit - Oh good I found it on YouTube, hahaha

Henroid on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Rob Zombie has a... unique vision in his movies, and you kind of have to be able to settle into his slimy-as-fuck version of Earth in order to get anything from them. It's like getting used to a hot bath, if the bathtub was filled with... snot, or something. I dunno. Point is a couple of his movies are surprisingly good if you can adjust to his house style. I would count Halloween as one of them.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Devil's Rejects is okay, but appeals to the cringy metal head who thinks more gore is better just on principal alone

I don't mind movies that make me uncomfortable, but Mr. Zombie has yet to 'earn' leaning on those tropes for me.

Imo theres way better horror directors out there

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Rob Zombie has a... unique vision in his movies, and you kind of have to be able to settle into his slimy-as-fuck version of Earth in order to get anything from them. It's like getting used to a hot bath, if the bathtub was filled with... snot, or something. I dunno. Point is a couple of his movies are surprisingly good if you can adjust to his house style. I would count Halloween as one of them.

Rob Zombie just comes from the era where Explotation movies and Horror films crossed over. Shock Horror was a thing in the 70s and 80s. The first Zombie Halloween actually felt like a callback to those style of films. If it was its own original film and everyone wasn't comparing it to the original film. I think people might have welcomed it more. I....kinda liked the remake as an explotation style horror film.

Now the sequel. Halloween 2: The Hobo'ing....now that was a BAD movie and my god the ending was some Sh!t from Lucifer's ass.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I don't read Kotaku, i don't think i ever have read Kotaku, but i hate hearing people criticize them on the internet, because it serves as a call for certain kinds of people and/or comments.
    The Game Grumps video of Sonic was no exception.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Dang and normally YouTube comments are so good

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    I don't read Kotaku, i don't think i ever have read Kotaku, but i hate hearing people criticize them on the internet, because it serves as a call for certain kinds of people and/or comments.

Don’t be upset, Kotaku is a legit cesspit.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »

Doesn't mean i want channels i watch to attract Game Gaters to whine about shit.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Let’s just all resolve to never criticize kotaku

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options

Rob Zombie just comes from the era where Explotation movies and Horror films crossed over. Shock Horror was a thing in the 70s and 80s. The first Zombie Halloween actually felt like a callback to those style of films. If it was its own original film and everyone wasn't comparing it to the original film. I think people might have welcomed it more. I....kinda liked the remake as an explotation style horror film.

Now the sequel. Halloween 2: The Hobo'ing....now that was a BAD movie and my god the ending was some Sh!t from Lucifer's ass.

Yeah I like Zombie's, apparently juvenile, style. I dig that exploitation/grindhouse aesthetic, and I thought his Halloween was pretty good as far as remakes of horror movies tend to go. The sequel was a let down, though. I agree on that.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

In this case it's a lesser of two evils thing.

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Let’s just all resolve to never criticize kotaku

Or just never mention it outside well moderated areas.

• Options
    Started the Arin Wiki videos. Pretty interesting! I didn't know Arin had a steady VA gig on a Cartoon Network show since 2016, that's pretty awesome. Not sure what he means about people not finding the character he voiced in Dragon Age, he even looked up youtube videos of it. He's a dwarf that occasionally appears outside the chantry in Haven. Doesn't really say a whole lot, but it's neat when he shows up. I don't think he survives the attack on Haven, though.

Also, he had a big role in Never Stop Sneakin' on Switch, which is one of my favorite Switch games.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Started the Arin Wiki videos. Pretty interesting! I didn't know Arin had a steady VA gig on a Cartoon Network show since 2016, that's pretty awesome. Not sure what he means about people not finding the character he voiced in Dragon Age, he even looked up youtube videos of it. He's a dwarf that occasionally appears outside the chantry in Haven. Doesn't really say a whole lot, but it's neat when he shows up. I don't think he survives the attack on Haven, though.

He said either in that video or the next that the dwarfs outside the chantry were just one of the roles he VA'd.
    That there were other lines he recorded, which he was told would be have their pitch altered, which he hasn't found/hasn't been sent proof that they're in the game.

• Options
    Oh, I thought he meant that he was told the dwarf would be pitch-shifted which is why he just used his regular voice instead of trying something more dwarfy.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_eQZFbLRsc

Oh god, the last two minutes of this are disgusting...

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_eQZFbLRsc

Oh god, the last two minutes of this are disgusting...

I'm going to go ahead and skip this then haha.

• Options
    That was one of the funniest things Game Grumps has ever done.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I lost it at MORE!!!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    This Game&Wario thing doesn't really work without being able to see the second screen. Like, Danny's reactions are great and it will probably be a cool animated when someone fills in the gaps of what he's looking at but without it...

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Fell behind on episodes. I'm on Skyward Sword part 5 and oh my god I was not expecting the Papa John's brief jag they went on, that was amazing.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

This game looks great!

• Options
    They've played that before right? On Grumpcade maybe?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Fronks was definitely on Grumpcade, and out of all the games anywhere, it just looks like such a fun/frustrating party game that needs to come back on the Switch or an indie title.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Can't get enough of that game grumps animated:

https://youtu.be/JL2smRWaCvA

Even if thousands die.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    They're doing videos on Danny's wiki article. Said article already updated with the things he was pointing out as not being correct.

• Options
    Hah, nobody changed the picture he didn't like, though.

Danny saying Brian's name wrong was great too.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Does Danny is the nicest person on Youtube???

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Can't get enough of that game grumps animated:

Even if thousands die.

I love Sugar Bear, and Golden Crisp is delicious. Every weekend I pour a bowl now I reference Game Grumps.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Remember when they talked about going to Great Britain for something related to Jurassic World and Arin hurt his tit? This was the thing.

https://youtu.be/YmooBeT4Ep0

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I hope Arin and Danny play Overcooked 2.

• Options
    Oh geez Turps, Sips and Lewis in a video with the Game Grumps. My worlds are colliding.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I lost it at Arin cutting the egg in half.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    wait they're doing shit with Yogscast? Fuck that

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    They're doing videos on Danny's wiki article. Said article already updated with the things he was pointing out as not being correct.

I really dug that Wikipedia series, especially the little asides that Danny would have reminiscing about things he's done and people he's worked with. He really is a good dude.

For me, personally, I was glad when Arin remembered who had the Cooptitude series, because that episode is what made me seek out and ultimately start watching Game Grumps. And I only watched Cooptitude because it was on Geek and Sundry which I also watched Will Wheaton's Tabletop, which was introduced to me by now late brother. And then watching GG led me to NSP and TWRP. All thanks to my brother showing me a Youtube show about playing boardgames.

Zomro on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I kinda wish that Great British Bake Off parody episode was done more straight. Obviously fucking up how to bake isn't as funny as if they had given an honest effort (though I mean, without specific cake instructions still).

Henroid on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I kinda wish that Great British Bake Off parody episode was done more straight. Obviously fucking up how to bake isn't as funny as if they had given an honest effort (though I mean, without specific cake instructions still).

It's secretly "Nailed It!", not the Great British Bake Off. And much better for it, imo.

This discussion has been closed.