As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The rewards are sort of viewable on the shields page of your inventory.

As far as hunters go it seems like it's around a 10% spawn chance for a given phase. I've never noticed a difference between hard and challenging. There might be one but if there is I think it'd be pretty small.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I still love survival mode. Like yeah I have it down to a science towards the end, but getting there can be a real bitch. Especially if I start by the power station mission? Its like the worst starting point

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

As far as hunters go it seems like it's around a 10% spawn chance for a given phase. I've never noticed a difference between hard and challenging. There might be one but if there is I think it'd be pretty small.

I'm doing mine on hard that way I can solo them easier. I'm using a regular ninja bike defense shield build with nomad. On hard the shield can take that axe attack, on challenging they wipe it out in one hit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »

I'm doing mine on hard that way I can solo them easier. I'm using a regular ninja bike defense shield build with nomad. On hard the shield can take that axe attack, on challenging they wipe it out in one hit.

Not if you have a full classified defense set apparently. My theory with hunters on challenging is fall back o the choke point and mow them down as they try to advance (or break the AI because it's amusing). Since my roommate got his full classified his theory is run at them and shoot them in the face while laughing :P

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular

Not if you have a full classified defense set apparently. My theory with hunters on challenging is fall back o the choke point and mow them down as they try to advance (or break the AI because it's amusing). Since my roommate got his full classified his theory is run at them and shoot them in the face while laughing :P

It's easy to tell whenever a hunter is going to spawn.

Normally after you complete an objective during a phase the next objective appears after a short delay. If that delay lasts more than a second that's your cue to sprint back the way you came to the chokepoint between areas as it means a hunter(s) is spawning.

Also, if you leave the scrambler traps active the hunters are also unable to use any of their skills.

Well yeah if I had that set I wouldn't worry as much, sadly I do not.

I am like 1 piece away from like 3 classified sets.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

It's easy to tell whenever a hunter is going to spawn.

Normally after you complete an objective during a phase the next objective appears after a short delay. If that delay lasts more than a second that's your cue to sprint back the way you came to the chokepoint between areas as it means a hunter(s) is spawning.

Also, if you leave the scrambler traps active the hunters are also unable to use any of their skills.

Yup, sometimes the game takes it's sweet time deciding if it's going to spawn them though. Honestly these days I don't worry about hunters. I tend to think of them as "Yay, maybe some free div tech?" because they often drop unique weapon.

Well yeah if I had that set I wouldn't worry as much, sadly I do not.

I am like 1 piece away from like 3 classified sets.

Yeah that's where I was at for a long time too. Now I have full classified Striker, Lonestar and Reclaimer at max gear score and a set of classified Final Measure because ther's a cheevo for eating grenades and one of the shields is going to be for for completing a shitload of cheevos. The only one left I really care about is Defense and all I need is the gloves. I might have enough for some other sets too but I need to go through my stash.

If you do boss runs during the next global event you'll probably be able to fill out at least a few of them. I think it's supposed to start on the 30th.

Yeah I'm not too worried. I've been playing less than a month and almost have full gear on a bunch. Like I need one piece for Banshees, one piece for predators and I think I'm one away from reclaimers too.

I want to try Hunters Faith if only because of survival I've really enjoyed sniping enemies, but compared to like all other dps sets its missing some functionality.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Yeah my impression of Hunter's Faith is it might be nice in a full group but I'm never really in a full group so I haven't put much effort into it. The downside of having a bunch of max gear score sets is it's hard to judge sets I haven't leveled all the way up because ugh I could just be using my Lonestar with my Big Alejandro and Showstopper and god this would be so much div tech to upgrade.

edited July 2018
    Yeah I figured hunters faith would be group or just when I do my 4 hour boss kills. I do want to get that predator set up and running, I'm trying to decide if the house/light m4 would be better for getting 10 bullets faster and the bleed or the urban mdr for the extra damage from the per shot damage and then extra damage when they are bleeding.

Also maybe I'm sick, but does anyone else hope they keep the splat squish sound for when you get a head shot for the division 2? Just me. Ok I'll be over here with my list list of people to hug.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Yeah I figured hunters faith would be group or just when I do my 4 hour boss kills. I do want to get that predator set up and running, I'm trying to decide if the house/light m4 would be better for getting 10 bullets faster and the bleed or the urban mdr for the extra damage from the per shot damage and then extra damage when they are bleeding.

Also maybe I'm sick, but does anyone else hope they keep the splat squish sound for when you get a head shot for the division 2? Just me. Ok I'll be over here with my list list of people to hug.

Headshots always need to be a splat noise

One of my biggest gripes with ME:A was the distinct lack of sufficient head popping.

NOOOOOOOO

OOOO

OOO

I thought it was 30 to do the 3 phase hard mode for the weekly, but its 35. GOD DAMN YOU BISHOP!!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I'd run you through but no crossplay qq

Its ok I need the tapes and pictures anyway, and it won't take that long to grind out, but still I thought I was almost done!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Ok I was wrong took most of my night, but I got my weekly done finally, And I only need like 24 more hunters now and 3 tapes. Least favorite undeground objective critical infrastructure, favorite is the supplies run.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Defending generators sucks but at least they can take some punishment.

My least favorite underground thing is any objective including hunters because there's no way to flip a switch and just be like yes please I would like the hunters spawn in every phase thank you. There was one time one of the weekly underground goals was kill 5 hunters and it took my roommate and I 22 phases before the game would spawn the second set of three.

Defending generators sucks but at least they can take some punishment.

My least favorite underground thing is any objective including hunters because there's no way to flip a switch and just be like yes please I would like the hunters spawn in every phase thank you. There was one time one of the weekly underground goals was kill 5 hunters and it took my roommate and I 22 phases before the game would spawn the second set of three.

On my 3 phase game last night I literally had hunters spawn on all 3 phases. Like I was like "Fucking seriously?" Though with shock bullets they are fun.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Ok legit did the weekly hvts. Went ninja bike defense with nomad and a house, made it challenging but fun.

Though I failed again at a twenty round pier, just too many melees that beat me down before I can fight back. I WILL GET YOU YOU PRICKS! Probably just have to get a striker 6 piece and wreck its face.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Had a good day on survival, hooked up with a rando, came to find out he's another new dad and I managed to get him his first extraction! Felt like a champ!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    And for the triple got the survive with 1 minute on the timer. It was actually one of my worst survival games with loot luck. Ended up with only blue guns and very little supplies. Thankfully the middle extraction attracts a lot of agents, unthankfully they bring their own god damn hunters and seem adverse to helping when they do so!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I don't want to quatro... but if you want to do the next global event it started today. It's the assault one so you can get piggy, clown mask, or a hockey mask.

Also tooting my own horn but did the pvp survival run last night to get my pacifist commendation and I assumed I'd get aced right at the start but hilariously never ran into another player got all the way to extraction, I am the survival super star!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Ha yeah I got the pacifist one in PvE because it was bugged for some reason.

Might pop on for a bit of assault this week, there's nothing quite like decking a Hunter with a shotgun in survival

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Yeah just doing the weekly hvts in my d3 set it was ridiculous how easy assault makes them. Just flat out gunning enemies down.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Just started playing this on Xbox because of a few streams Jerry and Kiko did. Only up to level 4, but it's way more engaging than I thought it'd be in the opening stages.

Nightslyr wrote: »
    Just started playing this on Xbox because of a few streams Jerry and Kiko did. Only up to level 4, but it's way more engaging than I thought it'd be in the opening stages.

One thing the division does extremely well in my opinion is the cover system and how you can pretty effortlessly move from cover point to cover point. It's not so much a thing you have to do at "end game", but at lower levels it can really save your ass.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Honestly even as a single player experience I found some parts of the main campaign pretty compelling, at least atmospherically. As a setting it's a standout in my all time most memorable. There's some beautifully crafted vistas and environments

I think what I like most is that, so far, at least, it's a post-apocalyptic game about trying to re-form/reclaim society. So many of these games simply state "everything sucks, and in the end the only thing you can do is look out for you and yours and hope you can eke out a few meager moments of happiness amidst all thie suffering," which is just a huge turnoff for me.

I think what I like most is that, so far, at least, it's a post-apocalyptic game about trying to re-form/reclaim society. So many of these games simply state "everything sucks, and in the end the only thing you can do is look out for you and yours and hope you can eke out a few meager moments of happiness amidst all thie suffering," which is just a huge turnoff for me.

Yeah, like obviously the way we do it in the game is shooting people, but! You do build up hide outs, and rebuild a central area with which you are striking out to save the city from its more extreme elements.

And the snowy abandoned new york city is haunting and all too believable. One of the later unlocked dark zone areas is really ghoulish in kind of showing you "yeah uhh people didn't just disappear.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Man, the Assault GE makes breaks my poor classified Lonestar set.

I'm five-shotting bosses which means I still have 116 rounds in my Big Al.

The proc just flat out doesn't even have a chance to trigger anymore :P

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018

Yeah, like obviously the way we do it in the game is shooting people, but! You do build up hide outs, and rebuild a central area with which you are striking out to save the city from its more extreme elements.

And the snowy abandoned new york city is haunting and all too believable. One of the later unlocked dark zone areas is really ghoulish in kind of showing you "yeah uhh people didn't just disappear.

And if you take your time in one of the early missions (Subway I think) and actually look around, it's pretty grim. And then you think about it a little and realize that it's only filled with the bodies that people turned in and cared to dump down there instead of leave in place (like you see in all the quarantine zones).

EDIT - I guess what I'm getting at is that if you slow down and look around in several places you go to in the game, it's all pretty damn grim.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »

And if you take your time in one of the early missions (Subway I think) and actually look around, it's pretty grim. And then you think about it a little and realize that it's only filled with the bodies that people turned in and cared to dump down there instead of leave in place (like you see in all the quarantine zones).

EDIT - I guess what I'm getting at is that if you slow down and look around in several places you go to in the game, it's all pretty damn grim.

I do like how they weren't trying to hide that in the game, like the garbage, there would be a shit ton of garbage and its all over in the game. Like the piers have a spot where they were clearly doing mass graves in the park, but at the same point with such a massive world wide infection what could they realistically be expected to do? The dollar flu is sold in game as like massively infectious and overwhelms state and federal pretty resoundingly.

And it looks like in the division 2 it took out the country in general.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Yeah, I did the subway morgue mission earlier today. Very grim due to the scope of it all. The Cleaners only add to the dread in that area.

Finally got the full classified striker set! Only took me like I swear 15+ classified striker packages to get a fucking holster, so of course the first cheap grab bag cache I open has a holster. FUCK YOU GAME!

Also I'm bad at the striking and pvp in general, though I found it funny the guy who told me that was in a full party and like hiding up on scaffolding. Sure buddy you're so good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    nice!

I just logged in for the first time in a few months and I cranked it back down to WT4 and now I'm not dying all the time in the west side. it's... wow.

What's the max gear score? Working on the shields, though IDK why. I think I burned a lot of my intel on the last event I participated in because it was supposed to make your rank higher faster or something too... so I gotta farm intel. that's on the weekly boards, right?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    iirc the max gear score is ~291, but it's not everything (eg using a lower GS gun while running high electronics to still get the talents)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Wrong topic.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    edited August 2018
    nice!

I just logged in for the first time in a few months and I cranked it back down to WT4 and now I'm not dying all the time in the west side. it's... wow.

What's the max gear score? Working on the shields, though IDK why. I think I burned a lot of my intel on the last event I participated in because it was supposed to make your rank higher faster or something too... so I gotta farm intel. that's on the weekly boards, right?

Shields will grant you gear and mats. Right now with the assault thing on you want to do the boss run around (there are maps of over world bosses you can hit up) and just do challenging hudson on world tier 5, people basically speed run the area, it nets you around 800 ge currency and at 1500 you can buy a cache at the ge vendor that will definitely give you upgrades. Definitely farm as much ge event stuff as you can stomach this weekend if you need gear, save your shields for after. I'd say avoid the west side piers area in general, its nasty as fuck.

Are you on xbone/pc/ps4? If its xbone when my son is napping/down for the day I can run you through some stuff should you want.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2018
    And if you're on PC I can do the same

because otherwise I'm just gonna be playing NMS or Octopath... or Kenshi...... or Subnautica or Factorio or Pyre or Offworld Trading Company or Rock Band 4 or BATTLETECH or *blood shoots out nose*

HappylilElf on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I'm on Xbox, and apparently they snuck in an achievement for extracting 100 items?

I did some DZ, got 7 of 20 landmarks cleared, 3 WSP , 5 DZ kills. I guess WSP named would normally be found in the missions (forgot the name of them).

Really hoping they don't have a "kill rogues" shield... though that would be the thing to make me pop the kill a rogue / 20 rogue achievements... so hm.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I think you are seeing one of the Survival DLC achievements.

Its for extracting 100 items while playing in the Survival playmode that is more of a roguelike experience, normal DZ extractions dont affect it.

Sirialis on