As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

General Trump Sexual Misconduct

KetBraKetBra Dressed RidiculouslyRegistered User regular
For some time now, there have been a number of sexual misconduct allegations directed towards the current President of the United States, Donald Trump. Notably, in the 2016 election there were a number of women who came forward with allegations of a variety of sexual misconduct charges, following the release of the Access Hollywood Tape. You can read about them here (TIME Magazine). A number of additional rumours around President Trump's activities in the 1980's had been circulating for some time since then.

It has been recently announced that the BBC will be running a documentary detailing some allegations surrounding these parties.

Yashar Ali is a writer for New York Magazine and the Huffington Post. The release is from the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)

This is a documentary which I believe ran a week or so ago in the UK, but the BBC will now be running in the United States and Canada this weekend.

This is the thread to discuss the contents of said documentary, as well as any alleged sexual misconduct from President Trump.

This thread is NOT about:

• The 2016 election
  • Media Metanarratives
  • General Whitehouse/Administration Corruption
  • Russia
  • Cohen
  • Consensual Salacious Sexual Activities from President Trump or Anyone Else
  • Conspiracy Theories

KGMvDLc.jpg?1

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I find it incredible that this dropped just hours after it seemed like every right wing pundit was expressing outrage at James Gunn's jokes. Talk about timing. Whatever chance they had of weaseling out of some sort of response to this, that's going to be ten times harder now.

I assume they'll brazen it out anyway, but it goes without saying that nobody with these sort of allegations attached to their name should be permitted to remain in political office.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    They're going to just ignore it.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    No one with any real power cares, or wants to do anything about it for fear of Trump and Trumpist retaliation.

I mean, some voters care, but 47% of the voting public didn't the last time around, so I'm cynical about this round being somehow different.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I find it incredible that this dropped just hours after it seemed like every right wing pundit was expressing outrage at James Gunn's jokes. Talk about timing. Whatever chance they had of weaseling out of some sort of response to this, that's going to be ten times harder now.

I assume they'll brazen it out anyway, but it goes without saying that nobody with these sort of allegations attached to their name should be permitted to remain in political office.

They will find it just as easy as always. It's the reason the whole Gunn situation is so stupid. Conservatives don't give a shit about consistency or hypocrisy and certainly not about sexual assault. It's just a way to own the libs and the minute it turns back on them they will shrug and that will be that. Because they don't actually care.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Reminder that all the facts about Trump and his views and his behavior have been public knowledge for decades, but that they didn't outright disqualify him in 2016.

IOKIYAR

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Is this the thread where we can talk about the presidential penis?

It’s verboten in the other Trump threads.
    I kid, I kid.

But it should be in the rules cause it’ll probably come up, pun partially intended.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.