As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: Where games are collected and sometimes even played!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I mistakenly added 2 separate email accounts to the Fanatical newsletter yesterday (Thu). I never received any info about OFDP free key.

I bet they ran out of keys.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    The Fall Part 2 is $6.87 at GMG (which is a historic low and down a buck or so since the start of the GMG summer sale)
    w5gw0ckbf7qb.jpg

The first one was definitely a sleeper hit for me. Enjoyed the take on the classic P&C adventure and the narrative was solid.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Came across this Day Z journal of one person's encounters with other people, its pretty great:
    They charged out of the trees, barking orders almost before they were close enough to be heard.

“Stop, boy. On your knees, boy. If you don’t follow our instructions, you’re dead, boy. You got friends? Where are your friends, boy?”

I only had two things of value on me, a morphine injector and some antibiotics. I knelt and injected myself, then began eating the antibiotics. Just so they couldn’t have them.

They shot me.

This is precisely the reason I don't play these sorts of games with other people. Because people are awful.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Yeah I foisted Pisha the dilo on you Kal, you never recovered. :wink:
    I know, totally different

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Came across this Day Z journal of one person's encounters with other people, its pretty great:
    They charged out of the trees, barking orders almost before they were close enough to be heard.

“Stop, boy. On your knees, boy. If you don’t follow our instructions, you’re dead, boy. You got friends? Where are your friends, boy?”

I only had two things of value on me, a morphine injector and some antibiotics. I knelt and injected myself, then began eating the antibiotics. Just so they couldn’t have them.

They shot me.

This is precisely the reason I don't play these sorts of games with other people. Because people are awful.

I saw a video where someone would purposely jam a gun and offer it to newbies to see what they'd do. From what I saw, about 9/10 of them immediately tried to shoot him.

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

They shot me.

It doesn't make me want to play the game but that was some really compelling reading. Funny and bizarre and occasionally poignant. Kudos to that guy.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Yeah I foisted Pisha the dilo on you Kal, you never recovered. :wink:
    I know, totally different

TBH, my time in ARK should immediately disprove my \assertion that people are garbage in online games, because almost all of our players were awesome.

But man, there was that one guy, the trolling arsehole, and I've had the shit luck of running into mainly people like him in any game I play online.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Dealing with people online is part of why I'm not particularly interested in WoW anymore. The guild I'm in, if it even still exists, has less and less people returning with every expansion. I think with Legion there were less than 8 regular people on there. And I had the dumb luck on launch day of that expac to have some jerks in my first dungeon group. I think one of them loudly complained that the rest of us were a bunch of noobs who didn't know how the boss fights worked. Did I mention it was the first day, so the majority of people playing wouldn't know how the fights worked?

Gah, I used to be able to shrug off jerks like that, but over time it has just gotten to me.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Dealing with people online is part of why I'm not particularly interested in WoW anymore. The guild I'm in, if it even still exists, has less and less people returning with every expansion. I think with Legion there were less than 8 regular people on there. And I had the dumb luck on launch day of that expac to have some jerks in my first dungeon group. I think one of them loudly complained that the rest of us were a bunch of noobs who didn't know how the boss fights worked. Did I mention it was the first day, so the majority of people playing wouldn't know how the fights worked?

Gah, I used to be able to shrug off jerks like that, but over time it has just gotten to me.

Same for me. Even though I still have tons of time I just can't deal with the idiots. And it only takes one idiot to sour a dungeon run or even a raid if they are stupid and obnoxious enough. I have some amusing memories of particular idiots from my long healer career but I'm too old for that shit now. Kinda sad since I really loved healing and probably still would if I could play in a raid full of great people. It's not even as easy as just finding a good guild (and that can be really hard too), sometimes the idiot is a guildie. Or maybe the guild is perfect and then some idiot joins and it's all ruined.

Seen it all, really. People. People never change.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I just talk down to the people that behave like that and prey on their personal insecurities. "Shit like this is why none of your friends keep in touch with you anymore."

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Civ VI was finally updated to remove redshell, by the by.

Don't think they ever reverted the EULA, though.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What was Civ 6 tracking with Red Shell? There are no ads in Civ 6. No loot boxes.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What was Civ 6 tracking with Red Shell? There are no ads in Civ 6. No loot boxes.

The closest Kart in front of you.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

Redshell was never for tracking ads in games, but to track the effectiveness of ads for games.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Your fears and insecurities.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The Fall Part 2 is $6.87 at GMG (which is a historic low and down a buck or so since the start of the GMG summer sale)
    w5gw0ckbf7qb.jpg

The first one was definitely a sleeper hit for me. Enjoyed the take on the classic P&C adventure and the narrative was solid.

Hmm, I had actually heard mostly unkind things about the 2nd installment in this series, but for that price, I guess I can afford to see how the story goes from here. I remember digging The Fall (Part 1).

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

The EULA part bothers me more. There are well documented ways to mitigate Redshell itself, but a EULA that open still leaves the opportunity for other/different programs to take Redshell's place.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    w5gw0ckbf7qb.jpg

Hmm, I had actually heard mostly unkind things about the 2nd installment in this series, but for that price, I guess I can afford to see how the story goes from here. I remember digging The Fall (Part 1).

I really liked Part 2. It took me a bit to get used to the QTE minigame part but once I figured it out it was actually pretty cool.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Having kid visitors around here lately made me realize that it would be a little nicer if I could easily locate all the couch multiplayer games in my Steam library, so I finally made my first Steam category. Surely I have a few more games that fit into this one, but it's a good start:
    lte78tiku9v4.png

I had completely forgotten about Mercenary Kings. These kids really like the Metal Slug games after playing one of them at a local arcade, and it might sorta scratch that same itch. I've only played it in single player and I know it's quite different overall, but might be worth pursuing when they return this weekend.

That being said, I think that competitive games are the better choice for these two. I have never seen two brothers bicker this much over anything. They do horribly in co-op games.

Tricky towers needs to be on that list

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Having kid visitors around here lately made me realize that it would be a little nicer if I could easily locate all the couch multiplayer games in my Steam library, so I finally made my first Steam category. Surely I have a few more games that fit into this one, but it's a good start:
    lte78tiku9v4.png

I had completely forgotten about Mercenary Kings. These kids really like the Metal Slug games after playing one of them at a local arcade, and it might sorta scratch that same itch. I've only played it in single player and I know it's quite different overall, but might be worth pursuing when they return this weekend.

That being said, I think that competitive games are the better choice for these two. I have never seen two brothers bicker this much over anything. They do horribly in co-op games.

Tricky towers needs to be on that list

That looks kinda neat!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

The EULA part bothers me more. There are well documented ways to mitigate Redshell itself, but a EULA that open still leaves the opportunity for other/different programs to take Redshell's place.

The stupid thing is apparently you can reject the EULA but still play the game?

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Good news for those who have $67.99 laying around, apparently Pixel Game Maker is getting an early access release in two days.

Who wants to be a guinea pig for this? Looking forward to impressions.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    ! I have been dunked by @JaysonFour with the Distant Stories pack for Stellaris! Thanks! Stellaris is constantly on that "man, I should probably play some Stellaris at some point" part of my mind, so this seems like a great excuse to play it. I'll have to get a run going after I finish up The Order! Thanks again!
    aRbYZbE.png
    <3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I should just buy a copy because it's cheap on Steam, but does anyone have a copy of Thomas Was Alone lingering around? It was apparently in a few Humble Bundles relatively recently

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Holy shit you guys NO MAN'S SKY LIKE SO MUCH BETTER AND I'M SO HYPE AGAIN

https://youtu.be/zb9iStbW_T8

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I'm gonna need more gun.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Oh no! started getting blue screens of death.... just what a weekend needs

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    I did it guys. I beat Steam.

l2wvnl4lptq6.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

...you, uh.... you have a thing on your head

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Today I finished Omensight, a game made by a studio responsible for Stories: Path of Destinies, that was being given away for free on Steam not so long ago.

It's a cool game about stopping an apocalypse by going back in time to the beginning of the day it happens, teaming up with animal people (cat general, bird emperor, bear warrior and mouse bard) that may know something about the cause of it, and gathering information neccessary to do so.

The only problem is an ending.
    You would think, that in a game like this there would be a multiple paths and multiple endings, with a "golden" one unlocked after doing everything correctly, bittersweet ones for making mistakes / not completing everything, and a bad ones for failing spectacularly.

Sadly, this is not the case here - the only ending available in extremely bittersweet one, and for no good reason. Acutally, scratch that - the reason is that creators, OF COURSE, ran out of money at the end, so they couldn't create a path for a golden ending (which, by the way, can be watched, because it's hidden in a game's files). Needless to say, it's extremely disappointing to fight alongside characters of this game, only to see in the end that every single one of them got royally screwed over.

Still, I would give this game a 7 out of 10, but I am getting extremely tired of weak, disappointing endings in a popculture lately. It seems that whatever I read / play / watch, the ending is always the worst part of it.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Seems like it's a head for one of the races?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wc7X2l7Sw

The game looks maybe interesting now?

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I did it guys. I beat Steam.

l2wvnl4lptq6.png

Turn back on ""Show Early Access Titles" and know the pain of Sisyphus.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Seems like it's a head for one of the races?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wc7X2l7Sw

The game looks maybe interesting now?
    Looking forward to finding out more about the Travellers.

They seem to be both an organic and....robot race?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Someone has a level 3000 Steam account now. To put that in perspective. It takes just over 45 million XP to get there.

Such a waste of money.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    o3RxYBX.png

I've been away from home and pretty much the internet for a week*. I came back to a @JaysonFour gifting.

This looks so fun! Thanks! <3<3<3

*aside: fuck hospitals

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    Someone has a level 3000 Steam account now. To put that in perspective. It takes just over 45 million XP to get there.

Such a waste of money.

What is this, like meta-whaling?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    o3RxYBX.png

I've been away from home and pretty much the internet for a week*. I came back to a @JaysonFour gifting.

This looks so fun! Thanks! <3<3<3

*aside: fuck hospitals

Sorry you were stuck hospitalling. I was wondering where you disappeared to. I won't lord the fact I evaded your spreadsheet for the third year in a row. Although last year was something unhappy as well. I'm just bad luck. =(

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Gotta give the NMS developers credit. They really turned that mess around.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It was a mess they created themselves by massively over-promising/outright lying, so they get partial credit for fixing it.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Frankly I blame Sony, esp after they threw Hello Games under the bus.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00